Hacking New to vita scene

sebbydaman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just heard the vita is fully hacked and want to know some info before I go buy one .

dont see anything with 2017 on top so Im guessing the scene hasnt advanced as much as the 3ds.

what firmware does the vita need to be in .

can I play ps , psp , and vita games along with any unofficial emulatos on vita.

what else do i need to hack it ? any special tools ?

how big are vita games and recommended size.

can i still play online with hack ( not as important but would like to know )

Rikua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Roughly around November 2016 for games as they required firmware 3.61+; Homebrew is strong as hell though.
2. The Vita MUST be on 3.60 or lower. NO EXCEPTIONS.
3. Yes, all of the above with Adrenaline CFW PSP emulation and lots of native Vita homebrew emulators are popping up for better performance.
4. No hardware, unless you have an OLED Vita, then you at least need a Memory Card for installing Henkaku (pseudo-CFW) that allow the usage of unsigned code.
5. Vita games range in size from 200mb to 4GB. Honestly, buy a cheap small Vita card and look do a quick google on SD2Vita adapters. I have a 64GB and do alright.
6. Yes and no. You can by spoofing the firmware, however, there are new issues as of 7-28-2017, so I would advise against it.

sebbydaman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Roughly around November 2016 for games as they required firmware 3.61+; Homebrew is strong as hell though.
2. The Vita MUST be on 3.60 or lower. NO EXCEPTIONS.
3. Yes, all of the above with Adrenaline CFW PSP emulation and lots of native Vita homebrew emulators are popping up for better performance.
4. No hardware, unless you have an OLED Vita, then you at least need a Memory Card for installing Henkaku (pseudo-CFW) that allow the usage of unsigned code.
5. Vita games range in size from 200mb to 4GB. Honestly, buy a cheap small Vita card and look do a quick google on SD2Vita adapters. I have a 64GB and do alright.
6. Yes and no. You can by spoofing the firmware, however, there are new issues as of 7-28-2017, so I would advise against it.

thank you for answering my questions so newer games from nov and beyond don't work hmmmm = ( any advances in that area ? or hope ? and is there a list of games not playable on vita ?

4. oled ???? is there like serial numbers similar to psp to look out for ???

5. where do you recommend buying those sd2vita adapter ?

Rikua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for answering my questions so newer games from nov and beyond don't work hmmmm = ( any advances in that area ? or hope ? and is there a list of games not playable on vita ?

4. oled ???? is there like serial numbers similar to psp to look out for ???

5. where do you recommend buying those sd2vita adapter ?

For games, none as of right now. However, some people have taken JP/EU releases that had released on an earlier firmware and injecting files from the higher firmware US version to have a "Translated" version of the game. This has pretty much ceased as now ALL new Vita titles require higher firmwares.

OLED is in reference to the screen. The launch model Vita(s), the Wifi and the Wifi/3G had OLED screens and no onboard memory. The 2nd generation of Vita's have LED screens and 1GB of onboard memory. Hence why you would need a memory card for the Henkaku installation.

Honestly for the SD2Vita adapter, you can buy from Ebay or Aliexpress. Or if you have some soldering skills you can make on yourself. The average price ranges from about $4.00 to $15.00.

sebbydaman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For games, none as of right now. However, some people have taken JP/EU releases that had released on an earlier firmware and injecting files from the higher firmware US version to have a "Translated" version of the game. This has pretty much ceased as now ALL new Vita titles require higher firmwares.

OLED is in reference to the screen. The launch model Vita(s), the Wifi and the Wifi/3G had OLED screens and no onboard memory. The 2nd generation of Vita's have LED screens and 1GB of onboard memory. Hence why you would need a memory card for the Henkaku installation.

Honestly for the SD2Vita adapter, you can buy from Ebay or Aliexpress. Or if you have some soldering skills you can make on yourself. The average price ranges from about $4.00 to $15.00.
Lastly is there a way to dual boot like have 3.65 for newerr games and have 3.60 for older games or doesn't exist yet

Rikua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lastly is there a way to dual boot like have 3.65 for newerr games and have 3.60 for older games or doesn't exist yet
Nope, that won't be a possibility until we figure out;

A: How to Rip/Store/Boot the nand via the console
B: How to use both the SD2Vita and Vita memory cards to store said Nand(s)

It's pretty much just like every scene to come along. A wall is hit and it takes quite a bit of time to get over it. You can either have a hacked Vita and enjoy all of its fruits, or you can have an updated Vita to play 3.61+ games and play online. Personally, I enjoy having a hacked Vita way more. I've had mine since launch and have only played online like 20 times tops and that was mostly Soul Sacrifice/Freedom Wars. Having multiple systems on one device is always better for entertainment in my opinion. Hope this helps!

sebbydaman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, that won't be a possibility until we figure out;

A: How to Rip/Store/Boot the nand via the console
B: How to use both the SD2Vita and Vita memory cards to store said Nand(s)

It's pretty much just like every scene to come along. A wall is hit and it takes quite a bit of time to get over it. You can either have a hacked Vita and enjoy all of its fruits, or you can have an updated Vita to play 3.61+ games and play online. Personally, I enjoy having a hacked Vita way more. I've had mine since launch and have only played online like 20 times tops and that was mostly Soul Sacrifice/Freedom Wars. Having multiple systems on one device is always better for entertainment in my opinion. Hope this helps!
yup made my decision and found a 3.60 vita at gamestop !!!!! excited

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1