New to Vita Hacking

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Chocotricks, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Chocotricks
    OP

Chocotricks Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2010
    Canada
    Mainly just looking to run PSP games on my Vita
    Running Backups is also something im looking into

Anyone point me in the right direction? :)

2. mummysboy

mummysboy GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2009
    Depending on your Firmware it depends on your options

Most people are on FW3.6 and use henkaku with adrenaline, but everyone has slightly differnt options.

hackinformer have a handy guide that should cover anything you want to do (except piracy) = https://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/DEVICE_PSVITA.html
    Some useful info can be obtained from reddit as well - BUT assume everything on reddit is a lie till proven otherwise..... -link snipped by mod-

If you get stuck with something specific post here and see if someone can help you out.

Last edited by Issac, Mar 4, 2017
  3. the_otsutsuki

the_otsutsuki GBAtemp Regular

Feb 19, 2017
    United States
    It all depends on your firmware. I'm on 3.63 with no henkaku so I just use Ark. so now I'm able to play a bunch of my favorite games from psp on my vita that were never digitally released (I'm talking about you final fantasy VII crisis core) and even better I can play the undub of all of them as well!! So ark was a plus for me. It also runs a bunch of emulators too but I only have gpsp as the n64 emulator for vita is garbage...but the gpsp emulator is kick ass. It works with almost all the games I believe. I even patched up a few copies of Megaman Battle Network with the WiiU ips patches to add the secret chips and BAM! They all work.
    But again..it all depends on your firmware