New to Sky3ds and private headers

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by bellyrumble, Mar 29, 2016.

1. bellyrumble
    OP

bellyrumble Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2016
    New Zealand
    Hi there,

I recently bought a sky3ds and am new to the whole flashcart 3dsd system. i understand how a private header works and what not
    my question is,
    is there any way to get a private header from an eshop game (my 3ds came bundled with mariokart on the ds card) without a powersave device or the gateway 3ds. my 3ds is updated in firmware to 10.7 and i have no acess to a gateway or powersaves device

2. cooroxd

cooroxd Dirty Pirate

Banned
    Aug 30, 2014
    Canada
    B.C.
    Here is my suggestion. Since you have a sky3ds, get a cubic ninja rom. Use the cubic ninja rom to get into homebrew channel and downgrade your 3ds firmware to 9.2. Once you downgrade your 3ds, get cfw (rxtools or reinand) and you'll never have to worry about private headers because you will be using games in cia format to play online.

3. LunaLogic

LunaLogic Gimme DLDI please.

Jan 21, 2016
    Switzerland
    Under the Great Firewall
    We have SkyArmyKnife here already.
    And, headers are used only in cartridge games. Games from eshop don't need that, so you can't expect to get one from them.

4. cooroxd

cooroxd Dirty Pirate

Banned
    Aug 30, 2014
    Canada
    B.C.
  5. gkoelho

gkoelho GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 16, 2015
    Brazil
    BY the time being, getting a cubic ninja rom and dowgrading is your best option. The only use for your sky3ds+ right now is for very easy 3ds rom play and only that.

6. regnad

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
    I like having a Sky3DS personally. I can keep the same saves and use my O3DS or my XL.

But the main advantage of Sky3DS is HB access. You should definitely do what the above poster said -- Cubic Ninja, then downgrade to 9.2. Then you can use Gateway Launcher (you don't need a Gateway) to extract private headers.

Once you've got one, the Sky3DS+ will apply the headers. If I'm not mistaken, the Sky3DS website explains how to do this.

7. bellyrumble
    OP

bellyrumble Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2016
    New Zealand
    but dont some more modern games require the firmware on the ds to be updated to play? such as pokemon omega ruby. also could i downgrade to 9.2, gateway launcher to extract private headder from my legit games then upgrade firmware again to 10.7?

8. gkoelho

gkoelho GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 16, 2015
    Brazil
    Yes they require you to update do play, but u dont need to have your actual system to be updated if your on 9.2 or below.(by creating an emunand to be updated in it's place).

And Yes, if u want u can downgrade, take the header and update back. Right now the newst firmware supports you to downgrade via ninjahax, so thats why i said that during the time being, it's a solid option. But do whatever you feels better.