New to PS3 CFW. Help!!

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by windhazard, Dec 15, 2016.

1. windhazard
    OP

windhazard GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2016
    Germany
    Hi guys I just bought a PS3 Fat with CFW today. It comes with Rebug 4.70 butI don't have any knowledge about this so please someone can guide me:

- How to update to lastest Rebug 4.81
    - Backup, or anything related
    - What Cobra, Webman and the others do

Any help is greatly appreciated. Or even a link to a guide is fine. Thanks a lot!

2. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    1. there is no rebug 4.81. only 4.80.1. simply download the files from the rebug website and install like a normal system update from usb
    2. back ups can be ripped and played with multiman and webman, which is included in the rebug toolbox.
    3. cobra allows use of psp, ps2 and ps1 iso files, webman as stated before, is another way to play game backups from your hard drive, rebug toolbox is a tool to basically customize your rebug cfw.

3. windhazard
    OP

windhazard GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2016
    Germany
    1.Is there anything important to customize, in order to optimize my gaming experience? Should I just leave it at default settings?

2.I think I will never touch PS and PS2 isos on this since I prefer emulators on PC. How do I delete Cobra?

3.I have heard a lot of overheating problems for the Fat version. Is there any tips to avoid this?

4. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    unless you want to play psp isos on your ps3 you can leave cobra disabled. you dont delete since its part of the rebug toolbox, which is an optional install if you want to use webman instead of multiman. for heating, webman has fan speed setting, but youll need rebug toolbox to enable webman, also look into have a reball done to your system or just switch to a different thermal paste arctic silver 5, these will help with the heat but wont stop over heating for long because sony uses crappy thermal paste and its probably old and dried out on that system now.