New to PayPal - Questions

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by raiderscrusade, Aug 13, 2011.

Aug 13, 2011
  1. raiderscrusade
    OP

Member raiderscrusade GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Hello,

So today I signed up to make a PayPal account.

I am interested in selling some stuff, and accepting payments to this PayPal account, however I want to ask a few questions.

When I give someone the email to send the payment to me, during the payment procedure will they see my name at any stage?

Along with this, is there any fees in regards to accepting payments, along with withdrawing them to a bank account.

Sorry I'm asking a noob question [​IMG]

Thanks!

2. Stewy12

Member Stewy12 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Yes, they will see your name.

Yes, there is a fee for receiving payments, it's around 3% I think but there are no charges to transfer money to your bank account.

3. syfyTy

Member syfyTy PhD in Thaumaturgy

United States
    He's right @ 3% and no there's no fee to transfer from and to your bank. I have had one for years, just watch out for spoof emails asking for your account number to 'verify anything' Paypal will never ask for that.. it is almost as safe as your home bank. Regarding the name, it depends on how you set the account up, mine is set up as a business, so no they don't see my name. Sorry I couldn'tt give more. They make it more complicated than it needs to be. It's Ebay that sticks you with the real fees though and that's really on the higher price $75.00+ items. Watch those buyers if you're using ebay, many will try and scam yu telling you they didn't get thier items etc... make sure you get signature verification for delivery when mailing items. it keeps buyers honest, it will save you lots of headaches.

4. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    If the person sending the payment to you sends it as a gift they don't charge any fees AFIAK.

5. ThatDudeWithTheFood

Member ThatDudeWithTheFood TRIANGLEZ

United States
    They do charge you fees the fees are smaller though

LIKE REALLY SMALL 2 cents and normally the person sending you the gift pays the fee.

6. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    Uhh nope. I've sent out 3 or 4 different gifts in the last few days and I never got charged for them.