Hacking New to all this

Beastiin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I go about starting this, or even figuring out if my Switch is even available to put a CFW on it? I don't want to wing it and fuck it up. Like do I need to completely mod/hack my system to import or use XCI/NSP files for games? Or do I need a custom CFW to do this stuff? I just need to know where to start, or whether my switch has the capability to do so. If someone could lead me in the right direction, I would be very grateful. Thank you.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
How do I go about starting this, or even figuring out if my Switch is even available to put a CFW on it? I don't want to wing it and fuck it up. Like do I need to completely mod/hack my system to import or use XCI/NSP files for games? Or do I need a custom CFW to do this stuff? I just need to know where to start, or whether my switch has the capability to do so. If someone could lead me in the right direction, I would be very grateful. Thank you.
You can start by taking a look at this website: https://ismyswitchpatched.com/
This will tell you if you have a patched Switch or not.

And yes, you do need a CFW for those things. Keep in mind that only SX OS will allow you to use XCI games. The recent events surrounding Team Xecuter may be relevant in choosing whether you want that or not.

bruhreid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once you check if your Switch is hackable using the link in the post above me, the guide many people recommend (including me) is known as the "NH Switch Guide". I can't post a link because I'm not a high enough level or something, but it should be the first result on Google.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once you check if your Switch is hackable using the link in the post above me, the guide many people recommend (including me) is known as the "NH Switch Guide". I can't post a link because I'm not a high enough level or something, but it should be the first result on Google.
Is this the guide you meant?

Theone5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is this the guide you meant?
Thanks! I'm also new to the whole Switch modding etc. and I wanted to buy a switch lite to experiment on. Then I took a look at this part.

Code:
In July 2019, Nintendo announced updated consoles, a handheld variant of the Switch called the Switch Lite (HDH-001),
and a new model of original Switch (HAC-001-01) with better battery life. Both of these new models use a new processor called the T210b01 
(also known as T214 and Mariko) with a new bootROM, and are not hackable at the current time.

Bummer.... so no CFW on the Switch Lite (yet).

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks! I'm also new to the whole Switch modding etc. and I wanted to buy a switch lite to experiment on. Then I took a look at this part.

Code:
In July 2019, Nintendo announced updated consoles, a handheld variant of the Switch called the Switch Lite (HDH-001),
and a new model of original Switch (HAC-001-01) with better battery life. Both of these new models use a new processor called the T210b01
(also known as T214 and Mariko) with a new bootROM, and are not hackable at the current time.

Bummer.... so no CFW on the Switch Lite (yet).

Not exactly true, the switch lite has access to the SX lite modchip & SX OS.
However the group that manufacture the SX lite (team Xecuter) are in a large pickle at the moment.
The supposed CEO Gary Bowser(aka Garyopa) has been arrested aswell as a sales rep for the company. I imagine you can sill buy their modchips online from certain websites, although its unlikely their custom firmware will get updated in the near future giving the circumstances they are in.
Im not sure if Atmosphere intend to support the chip in the near future, or if something more has to be done by team Xecuter, but currently only SX OS works.
You can technically still buy, install and run cfw on the switch lite, however you may be stuck on 10.0.2(the current cfw version) for a while.
You could also potentially use emunand, to allow updating you official firmware.

Last edited by Basketto,

Theone5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not exactly true, the switch lite has access to the SX lite modchip & SX OS.
I have read about the SX lite option. It is an option, but a rather difficult one because it would require some hardware/mod skills. Aside from the software implementations. From what I have read Atmosphère 0.14.4 seems to be an very good option, but it's only for the unpatched switches - in essence the v1 version.

When I compare this to using Luma for the 3DS, installing/conf. Luma is like 0/1 on the easy scale, whilst the switch would be a bit tougher... :)

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have read about the SX lite option. It is an option, but a rather difficult one because it would require some hardware/mod skills. Aside from the software implementations. From what I have read Atmosphère 0.14.4 seems to be an very good option, but it's only for the unpatched switches - in essence the v1 version.

When I compare this to using Luma for the 3DS, installing/conf. Luma is like 0/1 on the easy scale, whilst the switch would be a bit tougher... :)

Id never suggest you do it yourself. But if you bring the parts to any shop that does soldering(Plenty of retro game stores do). They will do it for you, aslong as you pay them.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://switch.homebrew.guide/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night