Hacking New System Menu Update 4.3

person3412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to sound stupid and possibly need to be corrected, OR say something that has already been said, But as soon as bannerbomb v3 is released with all of it's "obfuscations", I don't see why we don't just go ahead and find new exploits (of course remaining unreleased) before an update like 4.4 or 5.0 is released.
Now granted, I see it as the Big N has done most of what we could even think of here to prevent exploiting of the system menu and remove vulnerabilities as much as possible, It could possibly be a serious long time killer of homebrew by the next time they do anything (considering all they are doing is looking for ways to remove homebrew).
It could be that if we don't find anything else, we might have to rely on hard-modding with some type of chip that allows direct access to the nand chip and filesystem for quite some time. Even for all the non-pirate hackers out there. Nintendo has gotten pretty serious with this.

person3412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you see the thing is, if you are able to downgrade a wii, you would have already had a modded wii anyway. There might be some new things and all, but really, if you have HBC and IOS249, you can do anything.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
person3412 said:
Well you see the thing is, if you are able to downgrade a wii, you would have already had a modded wii anyway. There might be some new things and all, but really, if you have HBC and IOS249, you can do anything.

Not necessarily. Depends on which version of 249 a person has.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
person3412 said:
I hate to sound stupid and possibly need to be corrected, OR say something that has already been said, But as soon as bannerbomb v3 is released with all of it's "obfuscations", I don't see why we don't just go ahead and find new exploits (of course remaining unreleased) before an update like 4.4 or 5.0 is released.
Now granted, I see it as the Big N has done most of what we could even think of here to prevent exploiting of the system menu and remove vulnerabilities as much as possible, It could possibly be a serious long time killer of homebrew by the next time they do anything (considering all they are doing is looking for ways to remove homebrew).
It could be that if we don't find anything else, we might have to rely on hard-modding with some type of chip that allows direct access to the nand chip and filesystem for quite some time. Even for all the non-pirate hackers out there. Nintendo has gotten pretty serious with this.
There's a few things I feel should be corrected/noted... Sorry to burst your bubble.
unsure.gif

You're thinking of the HackMii installer, not Bannerbomb (which 4.3 officially killed). Truth is, according to marcan, there are quite a few exploits being stockpiled.

Nintendo hasn't done all they could to prevent hacks. They failed to block Indiana Pwns in 4.3, which was actually released a few days before System Menu 4.2. They failed to include additional DRM in Super Mario Galaxy 2... not even the BCA check used in New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

QUOTE(Kyohack @ Jun 25 2010, 12:25 AM) Smash stack is NOT working for me. I have firmware version 4.3, and every time I go into stage builder nothing happens.
Also tried this when I had 4.2, and it didn't work either.
You don't have any custom stages, right?

iDarkTrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
You're thinking of the HackMii installer, not Bannerbomb (which 4.3 officially killed).

O.O Bannerbomb isn't REALLY dead is it? Waninkoko will revive it
biggrin.gif

QUOTEThey failed to block Indiana Pwns in 4.3, which was actually released a few days before System Menu 4.2.

The IndianaPwns and Stack Smash Exploit only works on people with NTSC-U Wiis. I have a JAP Wii and I (with deep regret...) updated to 4.3. The upcoming question is quite obvious: Is there a way to get that exploit working on a JAP Wii or even a PAL Wii? I've tried; got rid of all custom stages and extracted the files as told. When I reach the stage builder, it freezes.

person3412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iDarkTrace said:
QUOTE said:
You're thinking of the HackMii installer, not Bannerbomb (which 4.3 officially killed).

biggrin.gif

Haha Bannerbomb is comex, not waninkoko.
wink.gif

iDarkTrace said:
QUOTE said:
They failed to block Indiana Pwns in 4.3, which was actually released a few days before System Menu 4.2.

The IndianaPwns and Stack Smash Exploit only works on people with NTSC-U Wiis. I have a JAP Wii and I (with deep regret...) updated to 4.3. The upcoming question is quite obvious: Is there a way to get that exploit working on a JAP Wii or even a PAL Wii? I've tried; got rid of all custom stages and extracted the files as told. When I reach the stage builder, it freezes.

The exploit for SSBB doesn't work for other regions because different versions of he game work differently. This Exploit is made for NTSC (-U), Although I'm sure it could be ported, I'm sure there's some strange reason that it's not.
biggrin.gif

Also; if you have a Japanese wii in Canada why not install the NTSC system menu on it?

QUOTE(D34DL1N3R @ Jun 25 2010, 05:22 AM)
Not necessarily. Depends on which version of 249 a person has.

My point is that if you're able to GET IOS249 (waninkoko) Then you pretty much have access to installing other IOSs, channels, downgrading (not necessarily permanently, or too low) and other things. Plus if you're able to install it, then self-explanation is a beautiful thing.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
iDarkTrace said:
biggrin.gif

Waninkoko coming up with an original exploit?
rofl.gif

And yes, BannerBomb seems to be quite dead for the time being. Perhaps there is another bug in the SD code, but nobody knows of one at this time. Virgin Wiis are going to require SSBB (US-only) or Lego Indiana Jones until a new exploit is found (and if one is found).

QUOTEThe IndianaPwns and Stack Smash Exploit only works on people with NTSC-U Wiis. I have a JAP Wii and I (with deep regret...) updated to 4.3. The upcoming question is quite obvious: Is there a way to get that exploit working on a JAP Wii or even a PAL Wii? I've tried; got rid of all custom stages and extracted the files as told. When I reach the stage builder, it freezes.
Smash Stack is US only. Indiana Pwns has versions for all Wiis except Korean Wiis, including Japanese Wiis.

TASpain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello alls! From Spain
yaywii.gif
nds.gif

SPANISH/ESPAÑOL (Original)

La Escena en Wii, llega a,... ¿su MUerte?
2012, el fin del Mundo, o de la WII,....y El Resurgimiento de la Escena en la WII HD

¿Significa esta ultima version del Firmware 4.3, que es el Principio del Final, para el Homebrew?

Si se bloquear y borra el Homebrew en Wii, ¿el siguiente paso podrá afectar a los MOD chips?

Si se prohibe el acceso en Wii del Homebrew, mediante softmod, terminaremos pirateando la wii por HardMods, o terminaremos aceptando las imposiciones de Nintendo, para poder continuar disfrutando de nuevos servicios (posiblemente de pago) en nuestra Wii

Yo veo que nos cierra las puertas a la Escena, No Solo a las personas que usa esta para cargar BACKUPS, ilegalmente (Ya que no han adquirido el Soporte y los Medio Oficiales), si no a los que como yo usamos Modificaciones illegales (segun Nintendo) para cargar nuestras propias Backups, de juegos originales y adquiridos legalmente.

Tambien, cierran la posiblilidad del Software Casero, y del Homebrew, (y posiblemente de forma definitiva) para esos programas libres y gratuitos, que necesita de la Escena, para poder abrirse camino hasta nosotros, y que de otro modo nunca llegaria.

ENGLISH/INGLES (Google Translated)

The Scene in Wii, comes to ... "His death?
2012 World's End, or the WII ,.... and The Resurgence of the Scene in the WII HD

Does this latest firmware version 4.3, which is the Beginning of the End for the Homebrew?

If you block and delete the Homebrew on Wii, is the next step will affect the mod chips?

If access is prohibited Wii Homebrew by softmod, wii hacking finish by HardMods, or end up accepting the impositions of Nintendo, so they can continue to enjoy new services (possibly paying) on our Wii

I see that our doors to the scene not only to people who use this to load backups, illegally (I have not acquired and Environment Support Officers), if not people like me use illegal modification (according Nintendo) to carry our own backups of legally purchased original games.

Also, closed software, Possibility of Home, and Homebrew (and possibly permanently) for these free programs and free software, which requires the scene in order to make their way to us, and that otherwise would never come.

iDarkTrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Indiana Pwns has versions for all Wiis except Korean Wiis, including Japanese Wiis.

Heh, so I can use the Indiana Pwns exploit for my jap Wii eh? I would be happy but I SERIOUSLY doubt that there is a JAP version of the Lego Indiana Jones game. *sigh*
Looks like I have to wait... >_<

QUOTEAlso; if you have a Japanese wii in Canada why not install the NTSC system menu on it?

Might that semi or even brick my Wii entirely if I do so?
unsure.gif

And oops my bad, got the names mixed, I hear the name waninkoko constantly in this thread o.O
Like he's the hero or something
laugh.gif

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible that someone with a usb gecko could run bannerbomb on 4.2 then on 4.3 then study the
difference in the debug code when error 004 comes up and patch out the error 004 check is that possible....

It would be really funny if error 004 could be patched out of the picture....

recol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mauifrog said:
I just tested 4.3k. It has many open ios slots which should be stubed, so it could easily install cIOS. Unfortunately for the 4.3k, there is not yet a version of KOR Lego Indiana Jones, so no Indiana PWNS. Also, I just tested KOR-SSBB, and as expected, it does not work. So there is currently no method to load any code on a virgin 4.3k wii.

mauifrog: do you now if i can install a cIOS with indiana PWNS on an virgin 4.3e

i try many things but nothing works.

the most of the program's will freeze.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
iDarkTrace said:
Heh, so I can use the Indiana Pwns exploit for my jap Wii eh? I would be happy but I SERIOUSLY doubt that there is a JAP version of the Lego Indiana Jones game. *sigh*
Looks like I have to wait... >_<

unsure.gif

Unfortunately, yeah. It seems like there is no Japanese release of the game. I'm surprised Team Twiizers included the save for it in the Indiana Pwns package (I originally assumed it existed because it was there). Hopefully this will help spur people on to working out the necessary changes to the Smash Stack exploit to work on other regions.

It is probably safer to not region change the Wii. While there are methods to do so, it might lead to trouble later on (like many Korean Wii owners discovered).

gisel213 said:
Is it possible that someone with a usb gecko could run bannerbomb on 4.2 then on 4.3 then study the
difference in the debug code when error 004 comes up and patch out the error 004 check is that possible....

It would be really funny if error 004 could be patched out of the picture....
It doesn't matter. Bannerbomb has too purposes. Bannerbombs only true use is giving you homebrew launching capability. If you wait until the next HBC is out before updating, then you have no need of BannerBomb on 4.3. For virgin Wii owners, they won't be able to patch the menu to remove the Bannerbomb block as they would already need a method to launch homebrew to do that.

QUOTE(recol @ Jun 25 2010, 04:58 PM)
mauifrog: do you now if i can install a cIOS with indiana PWNS on an virgin 4.3e

i try many things but nothing works.

the most of the program's will freeze.
There is no known way right now. When the new HBC and BootMii are launched, then there will be a way.

person3412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iDarkTrace said:
QUOTE said:
Also; if you have a Japanese wii in Canada why not install the NTSC system menu on it?

unsure.gif

And oops my bad, got the names mixed, I hear the name waninkoko constantly in this thread o.O
Like he's the hero or something
laugh.gif

Two things; All IOSs are universal. Only the system menu and and parts of it (like eula and region select) are not. Plus, I've don't it before. I used the pal system menu and region settings for a few months just because.

#2, Waninkoko, IS the hero. You can say he made whatever you want, He deserves a lot of credit for developing cIOS.
yay.gif

iDarkTrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
I'm surprised Team Twiizers included the save for it in the Indiana Pwns package (I originally assumed it existed because it was there).

Ohoho, so they did it for Indiana Pwns and there is no jap release but they didn't do it for smash stack and THERE IS a jap release for it....
rofl2.gif

Oh mann xD

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
For bannerbomb, about the Error 004 :

It means that the controls previously not made is being made at the moment. This suggests that the exploited code is now fixed.... you can't patch out a fix that's made through implementation change... And there is no point in doing that. You need a hacked wii to patch something in the menu and if you have one you don't need bannerbomb anymore..

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
For bannerbomb, about the Error 004 :

It means that the controls previously not made is being made at the moment. This suggests that the exploited code is now fixed.... you can't patch out a fix that's made through implementation change... And there is no point in doing that. You need a hacked wii to patch something in the menu and if you have one you don't need bannerbomb anymore..

What i meant was when using the gecko to see what the output is between 4.2 and 4.3 I mean can bannerbomb be slightly modified to work past or
around error 004.... like the way the it's code runs to execute causing error 004 meaning alter the way it's code look's to look different than what 4.3
system menu is looking for????

Just like how it looks for HAXX,JODI etc....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://youtu.be/9FcXxqthgUM?feature=shared&t=169