News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
LWares said:
WiiBricker said:
Guys, no need for the updated IOS61. The shopping channel still works with the old IOS61. You just have to download the Shopping Channel v19 and install it with Wad Manager. As simple as that
smile.gif
Is that how to fix the problem with loading wads (installed from Wad Manager) from the SD Card Menu?

I thought, I'd double check... just to make sure.

Edit: Seriously, I hate nintendo sometimes and it had to be after E3.
frown.gif
You can launch pirated VC/WiiWare from the SD Card Menu if you have a trucha patched IOS61 installed. if you have a trucha patched System Menu IOS installed

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WiiBricker said:
You can launch pirated VC/WiiWare from the SD Card Menu if you have a trucha patched IOS61 installed. if you have a trucha patched System Menu IOS installed
So let me get this straight... If I have 4.2 which uses IOS70, does this need to be patched?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
LWares said:
WiiBricker said:
So let me get this straight... If I have 4.2 which uses IOS70, does this need to be patched?
Yes, and you can patch it with Dop-Mii.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WiiBricker said:
Yes, and you can patch it with Dop-Mii.
Kryptical, thank you for your help!
smile.gif

Anyway, back on topic...

I would recommend, if you intend to stay on 4.2 (or lower) to only update the Shopping Channel and install IOS58 or install and update everything (apart from installing anything that is required to work with 4.3 such as IOS80) which i hope should work.

Enough said... now stop complaining about 4.3!
smile.gif

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
so sometime soon, 4.3 uptdate will come on retail disc.. so maybe some unfortunate with 003 can update thier wii with 4.3K.. but kind of useless for now since no exploits yet on 4.3

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Meh, at this point, we've got such a talented scene of homebrew chums and such a resilient force of hackers that we know how the Wii works just as much as Nintendo does. Updates aren't really a big deal anymore, if you know what to do about them. Though I do commend Ninty for at least half-trying this time.

smurphyzeke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somewhat related question, I "updated"/re-installed 4.2 on my hacked 4.2 Wii.

When it went back to the main menu, my HBC was gone. Is that normal?

This was about a week ago, so it's not at 4.3. Also followed that Mod Any Wii 4.2 and Below guide.

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
taktularCBo said:
well... no problems on 4.3 with Wiikey I and II, WODE, D2sun Fusion and as far as I know Wasabi has no Problems too.
I suppose Nintendo will never stop us..muhaha...have fun with IOS,Cios and all this sh*t =)
have fun with all those features that 4.3 brings you that people with softmods staying on 3.x or 4.x can't enjoy.

oh, wait...

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Because unauthorized channels or firmware may impair enhance game play or the Wii console, updating to Wii Menu version 4.3 will check for and automatically remove such unauthorized files.
Fixed the message. Seems much more accurate now.

QUOTE said:
Anyone tried cBoot2 on a 4.3 Wii so far?
Anyone tried it yet? I'm curious if it will still work with the new IOS36...

Funny I forgot about cBoot2. I wonder if it could be modded to work using boot2v4 instead of v2?
Don't see why it couldn't be, but I'm no expert hacker. What was the difference in v4 vs. v2 anyway? Anything important? Or was it shipped with 4.2 only to remove bootmii?

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Funny I forgot about cBoot2. I wonder if it could be modded to work using boot2v4 instead of v2?
Don't see why it couldn't be, but I'm no expert hacker. What was the difference in v4 vs. v2 anyway? Anything important? Or was it shipped with 4.2 only to remove bootmii?

I'm pretty sure that the version of boot2 doesn't matter when using cboot2. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember that xzxero's guide used cboot2 to install a trucha bug IOS36 on all wiis, including those shipped with boot2v4. Then when Trucha Bug Restorer was released, the guide was changed because TBR is easier to use than cboot2. I know that you need a decrypted boot2 to compile cboot2, but as far as running it it should work on all wiis.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I meant as the base boot2 to make cBoot2.

EDIT: Also if it can then that would mean no more having to grab a boot2 wad off of an update partition, just run the installer and it's done.

And TBR won't work with the new IOS's so it won't be any use on a virgin 4.3 wii even when the hackmii installer is fixed to work with this system menu.

TheAxion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chaseincats said:
it says in the update description that it "improves system performance" is this bs or is it really snappier?
No difference whatsoever same laggy system.. nothing sexy .. dosent even look like an update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: hope im not going to die from it before i see the ent in a month