new switch update 15.0

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I updated my stock fw just to check if it breaks my OLED's hwfly chip. Good news is hwfly chip seems to fail at first after reboot but quickly re-trained itself and booted to hekate (yellow light flashes then green light). Bad news is this update burns another fuse so sleep mode no longer works.. Anyway atmosphere should be out in a few days.
sleep mode no longer works"
What do you mean by that???

whiteglovian

Fedora Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed it (no clue how, I lost it for like ~30 minutes, found it, and the screen was on) but now it's not booting at all and stuck on a black screen again after trying to boot OFW through Hekate
I had AutoRCM on but now my switch isn't even booting another payload. I don't know what to do

belliq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've never been through a CFW update before (didn't bother doing my Switch until two months ago), how is it usually installed on the user end? I'm wondering if I'm able to install the update on OFW right now safely.

Last edited by belliq,

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sleep mode no longer works"
What do you mean by that???
Hekate will throw a warning about warmboot fuse mismatch when booting emunand, and sleep function no longer works (goes to black screen and never wakes up). Also you can't boot stock fw with hekate anymore, although you can always use reboot function in hekate or bypass hwfly's injection and go to ofw.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I fixed it (no clue how, I lost it for like ~30 minutes, found it, and the screen was on) but now it's not booting at all and stuck on a black screen again after trying to boot OFW through Hekate
I had AutoRCM on but now my switch isn't even booting another payload. I don't know what to do
Most likely your console have AutoRCM enabled, press power button for at least 25 seconds to turn off, then press VOL- and without releasing it briefly press power and most likely you will get on to NYX (Hekate) then you now know your console is good, but will not boot CFW until Atmosphère get updated.

AshleyCummings

Gamer Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New to Modded Switch this is my first update I'm avoiding the nuisance of update highlighted everytime I go into a game.. but how will this go ?

will both Atmosphere & Hekate Need updating to get back to emunand?
what about AutoRcm how will that work?
will the Android payload injector app need updating?

emoo45

Trophies
XP
Country
France
bonjour voila j'ai un probleme mon cfw et pas a jour et ma consose c mise a jour par erreur j'ai cree un nouvel emuland ma j'ai perdu toute ma sauvegarde (sd) pouvez vous m'aider

whiteglovian

Fedora Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most likely your console have AutoRCM enabled, press power button for at least 25 seconds to turn off, then press VOL- and without releasing it briefly press power and most likely you will get on to NYX (Hekate) then you now know your console is good, but will not boot CFW until Atmosphère get updated.
Nope, still a black screen.
I do have AutoRCM, though.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hekate will throw a warning about warmboot fuse mismatch when booting emunand, and sleep function no longer works (goes to black screen and never wakes up). Also you can't boot stock fw with hekate anymore, although you can always use reboot function in hekate or bypass hwfly's injection and go to ofw.
Is this the case for everyone? So when you press your switch into screen off you will have to reboot it every time?

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I've never been through a CFW update before (didn't bother doing my Switch until two months ago), how is it usually installed on the user end? I'm wondering if I'm able to install the update on OFW right now safely.
What I usually do is:

1. Move all atmosphere/hekate stuff to another folder in the card
2. Extract atmosphere/cfw pack + new firmware
3. Add optional (if you know, you know)
4. Use an app to send updated hekate rcm bin
5. Update firmware via daybreak (on CFW NAND)
6. Move atmosphere content folder back to correct location
7. Update Homebrew that needs 15.x fixes (such as themes, controller plugins)

Last edited by fvig2001,
Reactions: impeeza

pokota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
updated my switch (since I can feel in my bones that Persona 5 Royal is going to have a version check in it), so now I'm waiting for Atmos updates. Wound up rebooting to stock so I could keep playing Xeno3.

Reactions: pinbi7

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah no sh*t. Learn to recognize sarcasm.

Sarcasm Is hard to detect in online forums. Maybe you could use some sort of symbol to communicate to the reader when you’re using it next time to avoid this sort of thing in the future? /s

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol