New SuperCard DS(ONE) Info and Photos! *Update*

ancient_imhotep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@ancient_imhotep : Sorry to be boring but does or can it boot to a slot 2 card at all? Thanks for all the work you're putting into letting us know about this card by the way.

The info suggests that it does, but I cannot test this until Friday (UK time) as I only have one MicroSD card until then.

However I am happy to test it for you then to confirm if it does work as advertised.

Cheers,

AI

ancient_imhotep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks imhotep, so i guess why some games need patching is due to the save size being detected wrongly

If the save size is wrong then the game will either not work at all or will not save correctly.

The best thing to do is use the SuperCard List on DualScene.net or the Release Forum on GBATemp to find the save size if available for your games.

I think that most of them have the sizes, just maybe some of the Jap games that might not be so popular in Europe/USA.

The save size can be changed by going highlighting the rom and selecting "File Info" from the "Options Menu". Use the button to change the size to the correct one and then click "Save". When you get back to the rom list, it will still show wrong until you move off the rom and back on to it.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

AI

aletorchic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
@ancient_imhotep : Sorry to be boring but does or can it boot to a slot 2 card at all? Thanks for all the work you're putting into letting us know about this card by the way.

@ancient_imhotep :
I quote Saturnplanet thanking you for extensive testing

you wrote you do not have another unflashed ds for testing download play... do you have a flashed one?

I would like to know the answer to Saturnplanet5's question for both flashed and unflashed ds

thanks

btw , thanks to reading your reports I ordered SC DS for me and friends... but I used a china shop, it 'll take more than one week

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
Good work AI. You deserve a rest. Moreover you have to go to work "tomorrow" isn't it? If possible, please recheck one of the Phoenix Wright EURO ROMs when you have time, as these are reported as not being able to save at all on the DS-X.

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just recently got a DS Lite and from the looks of it, this'll probably my first card to grab. I just ordered another microSD card the other day. Grabbed a 1GB Kingston from Buy.com yesterday (link). When I ordered it, it was $32.67 with a $10 rebate and $10 off using Google Checkout ($32.67 - $10.00 - $10.00 = $12.67). $12.67 for a 1GB was a pretty good deal from what I see elsewhere. And from what I've read, Kingston is a decent brand. Not SanDisk, but still good. I figured I'd pass this along for anyone who hasn't seen it and still needs microSD. Looks like they just raised the price to $34.95 making the final $14.95. Still pretty good I'd say. As far as the Supercard, I was gonna order it from getyourgameshere.com (link). Anyone ever order from here?

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RHS got their stick in and shipped domestic orders today. Hot-diggity!

A.I. I wasn't able to keep following your work through the day ... just wanted say thanks for setting my mind at ease a bit after reading some worrisome early reports *cough*kakawerk*cough*
tongue.gif

edit: oops. that's supposed to be 'stock', not stick.
shy.gif

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the early testing AI. Much appreciated. Can someone have a look at the DS Organize that SuperCard has available to download as an add-on?
http://eng.supercard.cn/soft_scdsone.htm

I'd be very interested in how well this works on Slot-1.

Specifically, how well does it save, and does it closely resemble the prior versions of DS Organize? I'm really curious how SuperCard has a recommended add-on of an unsupported homebrew program. Did they update it? Or is it an old version that happens to work?

Any help or info is appreciated. Thanks again.

kentoot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think the game database is at ndsinfo.dat. You'll have to use a hex editor to view the file, try XVI32 (freeware).

For example :
0002 - Need For Speed Underground 2
inside the ndsinfo.dat file :
Address Info
0008C 02 (game no.)
00098 4E 00 65 00 65 00 64 .... (N E E D F O R S P E ....)

0400 - Top Spin 2
inside the ndsinfo.dat file :
Address Info
0C78C 90 01 --> 0190 (hex) --> 400 (decimal, game no.)
0C798 54 00 6F 00 70 00 .... ( T O P S P I N ....)

The game no. and name is all there.

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok quick question why isnt anyone checking out the r4 ? its out too and its 5 bucks cheaper and comes with a SD card reader !

i want to buy a slot 1 device but i cant decide

supercard or r4 ?

NowhereLand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was testing to patch the roms and I've seen the software always create a 256k file .sav. Any idea about that?
I read that some games doesn't detect the save file. So, whats the real difference?

sarah99

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK
Mine arrived this morning and guess what, exactly the same as my Ninjapass X9
Same games with problems have the same problems
Same games that download play works
Same games that download play doesn't work
Same games crash

On the x9 if a games ID code isn't in the dsrom.lst file you can't save the game (but you can add them to the dsrom.lst yourself)
On the DS1 games released after the software release date ..... can't save the game (but the list file is hidden so you can't add em yourself)

"My Animal Centre in Africa" was released after the DS 1 software, so it can't be saved and crashes at the save point.
"Metroid Prime Hunters" crashes at the load
"42 All Time Classics" download play not working
"Brain Training" download play works
"Zoo Keeper" download play works
"Point Blank" download play works

Sandisk 1 gig TF card ............. everything a bit slow
Kingston 512 MB card (Toshiba) ......... speed fine

PCBs are a different colour, TF holder slightly different, X9 ad DS1 appear to ship from the same factory & the chips both poke through the casing in the same place.

Nice GUI though!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1