Hacking New Supercard DS 1

cheeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Mar 18 2007, 05:33 PM)]The "old version" of the SuperCardDSone I have now runs perfectly, don't know what all the complaining is about. Drag and drop a rom onto the MicroSD, stick it into the cart and into the DS and there ya go. Easiest and fastest way to get new games running on your DS. I personally don't know what all the hype surrounding the R4DS is about. Maybe it's the skinnable menus or that shiny sticker that comes on the flash cart, but all I know is I want my flash cart to do one thing: Run Roms and Homebrew as quickly and flawlessly as possible. SupercardDSone fulfills this wish, therefore I am happy.
I’ve always been a big supercard supporter, until recently they had the best bang for the buck. But don’t know how you can say that the DS1 has been a simple drag & drop from the start? I was sitting on the fence for a long time looking at the DS1 & R4, & everyday someone had complaints or problems with certain SD-cards, save games sizes, & just having to wait for new software updates for the DS1 before a new program worked, much like the old slot2 cards. The R4/Simply cards had no complaints other then killer mini-SD readers & some bad SD springs. Everything worked from the start with no need for any software updates other then frivolous cosmetic ones. Don’t believe me? Look at all the old posts. Now if the DS1 is working flawlessly today that’s fantastic, & I hope they continue doing so. But that was not the case in the beginning, & that plus the price is why the R4 is now out selling the DS1 10 to 1.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never said it was perfect from the start, hell, I didn't even consider buying a Slot-1 card when they first came out. I was still playing around with my shiny new Supercard Lite during those days. As stated earlier, I barely got my SCDS1 a few weeks ago, and as of today, it still works flawlessly. As for the DS1 10 to 1 stat, I'd say that the R4 may have gotten off to a better start and popularity spread via word of mouth, leaving it in the position it is today.

Modrak

Trophies
XP
Country
The main problem with SCONE was that it heavily relied on the savetype list.

It's official. It will suck. Still.
smile.gif

DirtyH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I never had any problems with the supercard ds1, since i own it. (early january)

I always use it the following way:

-download rom
-look up savegame size on wiki.scorpei
(takes about ten seconds, while i download the rom)
-copy rom to microsd
-change savegame size
(i can live fine with that inconvience compared to the cheap/ugly interface of r4/m3)
-play

Never failed and i played most games (EU & US) which got released since i got my supercard ds1.
(the problems with castlevania por occured on many different flashcarts randomly, so no supercard fault)

I admit that the supercard team doesnt release very much updates or support.
But to be honest, why would i need any updates.
Everything works fine so far as long as you are capable of looking up and changing the savegame size youself.

If you have problems with the supercard its because you have a cheap noname microsd, you are too stupid to change the savegame size or you are just a plain dumb supercard hater who doesnt own one, but still flames about it.
tongue.gif

yours,
some Supercard lover
wink.gif

aslacker55

I like pie
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The supercard team has released the new DS1 online

QUOTE said:
Before going through some early version of a cassette instability. ?????????Official decisively stop sales. ?????????????????????????????????????In terms of product quality is the key, and re-packaged in this new circuit board has done a better enhance stability. ???????????????This increase in the volume of customers to return the old price. ????????299???????248??English price adjustment for 299 yuan, the Chinese version of the prices of 248 yuan. ??????????????????????????????????????????2??(Generally non-English CD-ROM Chinese 3H) of the current volume of Chinese fewer, Office distributor network purchase a maximum of two per person limit. ????????????Forgive you for causing inconvenience to the audience.

aslacker55

I like pie
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just got my first shipment of them today, and just sat down to play with them. If someone on the staff want's to review it, I can send a free sample of it.

Your shop has pretty good and fair prices. The C.O.D. is probably what's going to attract people. Having that option will make people look and think about buying from your store. You should pm either Costello or shaunj66 about the review sample.

BeerMan5000

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
SuperNDS.com
XP
Country
United States
I just got my first shipment of them today, and just sat down to play with them.  If someone on the staff want's to review it, I can send a free sample of it.

Your shop has pretty good and fair prices. The C.O.D. is probably what's going to attract people. Having that option will make people look and think about buying from your store. You should pm either Costello or shaunj66 about the review sample.

Cool, will do. Thanks for the input man, I appreciate it.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
every card seems to get ripped on gbatemp(by forum members) except the r4 i dont know why. All the flash cards have there goods and bads. what about the spring that is faulty on the r4s. Every card has some flaw.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Mar 18 2007, 09:10 PM)]I'd say that the R4 may have gotten off to a better start and popularity spread via word of mouth, leaving it in the position it is today.

And it spread via word of mouth because (at the time) it was far better and "Just Worked".

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just got my first shipment of them today, and just sat down to play with them.  If someone on the staff want's to review it, I can send a free sample of it.

im sure the gbatemp staff would take up your offer. Thanks for helping out us gbatemp members with giving shaun and costello free review samples.
grog.gif

BeerMan5000

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
SuperNDS.com
XP
Country
United States
what about the spring that is faulty on the r4s. Every card has some flaw.

Man, I can't tell you how much money that spring has cost me. I get WAY more returns on the R4 than all my other cards combined solely because of that damn spring. Yesterday, a dude returned 3 R4's he had bought only one day prior, all three of them had busted springs. As a vendor, I make alot of money on the R4, but it's a pain in the arse because of returns. [ i have a 1 year warranty on all items...
frown.gif
] Normally that's a good selling point, but I'm considering revising it to exclude the R4.

chris

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah i thought that it would be the same, cant wait to find out whats changed in it. I thought i read that all thats changed is that error screen gone, and support for the latest moonshell as OS or something.

AOforever1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i thought that it would be the same, cant wait to find out whats changed in it. I thought i read that all thats changed is that error screen gone, and support for the latest moonshell as OS or something.
Where did you hear that?
I should be getting my SC DS 1 tomorrow as well. I will report them here and at scdev.org

aslacker55

I like pie
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
biggrin.gif
Well, I finally received my new revised ( more like repackaged) SCDS 1.
biggrin.gif

supercard1.jpg

supercard2.jpg

So what's the big improvement:
1. The packaging looks great
2. The build quality is much better
3. It comes with a card reader.

From what I can see, those are the only improvements to the new (version 2) SCDS 1. :'( It still uses the same old firmware and they still have not addressed the SCDS 1's main problem; it's still picky with micro sd that you use.
cry.gif
I tried a kingston (Taiwan) micro sd and it's still had the same problems ( It is too slow! SC DS will not support it!).
hate2.gif
It still works great if you use a made in Japan micro sd.

To sum it up, the new revised SCDS 1 was just a repackaged and cosmetically improved old SCDS 1. I can't recommend this card to anybody anymore, the EZ- flash V and the R4\M3 DS are just better slot 1 solutions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y