Hacking New Super Mario Bros Wii problem...

The Viztard

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
well first of all sorry if this is in the wrong section...

Well ive burnt a iso of NSMBW Pal version onto a dvd+r disc and i tried loading it thorugh neogamma r8 beta 17, ios249 rev 17.

Im playing it on a ntsc 4.2u wii and i force video->wii and patch country->yes...

Everything seems to work fine and then when i reach the second level, it says that there has been a disc error, please eject and etc.

Does anyone know what could be the problem? Should i just get a ntsc version? Or maybe burn it on a dvd-r? (if that would help idk...)

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
smile.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Viztard said:
well first of all sorry if this is in the wrong section...

Well ive burnt a iso of NSMBW Pal version onto a dvd+r disc and i tried loading it thorugh neogamma r8 beta 17, ios249 rev 17.

Im playing it on a ntsc 4.2u wii and i force video->wii and patch country->yes...

Everything seems to work fine and then when i reach the second level, it says that there has been a disc error, please eject and etc.

Does anyone know what could be the problem? Should i just get a ntsc version? Or maybe burn it on a dvd-r? (if that would help idk...)

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
smile.gif

Can you turn on the 002 error fix for it ?
The usb loaders have the same issue and on wiiflow if you turn on the 002 error fix in the game settings themselves (and i believe set the video to NTSC) it is supposed to resolve the issue.
Not sure about disc loaders though as not many use them these days on here.

Hope that helps a little.

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
NSMB has copy protection that does *exactly* what you've described. There's two fixes, a pre-patched copy of the ISO or a Gecko code to "crack" the protection when the game launches... And don't quote me on this but I think some (if not all) USB loaders handle this protection automatically now.

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Yeah if you use DVDs you're better off getting the patched iso... if you use the GeckoOS/ocarina codes, you'll need to have your SD card whenever you play.

The Viztard

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
well do you know where i can get this patch for the iso? Or does the iso need to be patched before downloading? or do u know where i could get the codes to use with GeckoOs or Ocarina?

Thx for the info guys, i appreciate it
smile.gif
. Sorry for the late response though...=/

*Would i need to downgrade to cios 249 rev 14? and if so how would i go about doing that?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
NeoGamma has the patch externally.

Currently there are at least the following methods to play the game, usb or disc doesn't really matter:
Patch the .iso to get rid of the protection
Patch the .iso to contain the BCA data and use latest Hermes cIOS or cIOSrev17
Use alternative .dol loading with a patched .dol
Use a loader that patches it automatically(NeoGamma is NOT one of these!)
Use a loader that loads the .bca data manually(only possible with certain modifications of Hermes cIOS)
Use a loader in combination with a patch in form of a .wip file(

MasterGBAPoster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
*THERE IS A EASIER WAY!*
-Make sure you are using NeoGamma R9 b56, cIOS56rev20 (This is the latest from NeoGamma)
Step 1: Go under Options
Step 2: Go under Wii Options
Step 3: Turn on Patch video to normal, VIDTV Patch to YES, Patch Country Str.: to YES. Altern. .dol to disc (or storage for USB), and leave the last 2 to YES.
Step 4: Press Return to Menu
Step 5: Select Ocarina/Wiird
Step 6: Turn Wii Ocarina and Wii Debugger to YES
Step 7: Press Return to Menu
Step 8: Select Rebooter Options
Step 9: Turn Remove Copy Flags to YES
Step 10: Return to the main screen when you first boot NeoGamma, then boot your game.

At this point the game should run without the "An Error Has Occured" message. I was able to play through world 1 without a problem. Lemme know if it worked! :yay:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2