ROM Hack New Super Mario Bros. Save Editor Tool

newluigidev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised that NOBODY over the years has ever made a save editor for this game. Well, now there is! NSMBDS SE can edit all 3 files in the game with the following options:

Life Count
Coin Count
Star Coins
Score
Mario/Luigi's current powerup
Inventory item
Bottom Screen BG

It can also unlock all the worlds in the game, as well as all the levels. (Be warned, as unlocking all the levels without unlocking the worlds first results in some small weird things that occur on the worldmap!)

How to use? Dump a .SAV file. (currently no support for other save types) To get your .SAV savefile, you can choose 'Export Backup Memory' in DeSmuME, use TWLTool on your 3DS with homebrew, or however else you wish/know how to retrieve a .SAV save from NSMBDS.

Screenshots:
OKizhtC.png
ILLZ7BI.png
oh4m0tV.png

You can download v1.0 right here:
https://github.com/newluigidev/New-...tor/releases/download/v1.0/NSMBDS-SE-V1.0.zip

Oh and, thanks to these awesome people for their help!
RoadrunnerWMC: Checksum RE & Python script, code help
shibboleet: Savefile documentation

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised that NOBODY over the years has ever made a save editor for this game. Well, now there is! NSMBDS SE can edit all 3 files in the game with the following options:

Life Count
Coin Count
Star Coins
Score
Mario/Luigi's current powerup
Inventory item
Bottom Screen BG

It can also unlock all the worlds in the game, as well as all the levels. (Be warned, as unlocking all the levels without unlocking the worlds first results in some small weird things that occur on the worldmap!)

How to use? Dump a .SAV file. (currently no support for other save types) To get your .SAV savefile, you can choose 'Export Backup Memory' in DeSmuME, use TWLTool on your 3DS with homebrew, or however else you wish/know how to retrieve a .SAV save from NSMBDS.

Screenshots:
OKizhtC.png
ILLZ7BI.png
oh4m0tV.png

You can download v1.0 right here:
https://github.com/newluigidev/New-...tor/releases/download/v1.0/NSMBDS-SE-V1.0.zip

Oh and, thanks to these awesome people for their help!
RoadrunnerWMC: Checksum RE & Python script, code help
shibboleet: Savefile documentation
Holy crap we can get custom bottom screen images?

You rock dude

Edit: Read this wrong, seems this might not be the case. NSMB is still among my top 3 favorite games, so I will be using this a lot. Thanks for making this!

Last edited by ThisIsDaAccount,

TedHadler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm not sure how to open the .SAV file on the save editor. Is there a certain place i have to put the file in order for it to work? I'm probably missing something really simple here like a big ''Open File'' button :P

Suuper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've cleaned up the code and fixed a bug, and plan to add some features.
I don't have a pre-built release yet, but the code is at my github repo, SuuperW/NSMB_RNG/NSMB-Save-Editor. (I can't post the link since I'm a new user, apparently.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @realtimesave why did you get several MIG?