• Views 133,007
  • Replies 916
  • Likes 15

amback

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is weird everytime something like this happens Nintendo releases an update to make the 3ds more "stable":unsure:.....

Seita

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yup, youre absolutely right, I made this account with 2k posts just to troll and urge people... :rolleyes:

I mean you do see the irony in all of this right?; "I wonder why some Gateway fanboys crawl out of the shadows to troll this thread when their beloved cart doesn't support 9.2+ firmware."
FYI GW is a CFW too in case it slipped your mind, so neither CFWs nor GW users have access to EmuNAND above 9.2 but we have kernel access (cryptofixed games, cheats, screenshots etc.) so yeah, were good at 9.2.

Educate yourself.
You're the one who should educate himself. Your mouth is filthy and you think you are someone important.
I would have respected you if you talked without your patronising tone. But I know what kind of person you are.
People are free to buy whatever they want. We give advice and I am not encouraging anyone to buy any cart of any sort.
Now shoo

Reactions: SLiV3R

Nintenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder if they will still make new template files for the blue button version for games that don't use the AP checks. It says on their site that the new sky3ds+ doesn't need template files but they still have template files coming for Sky3DS+ as well it seems, if you look on the downloads section it shows 'Sky3DS+ updated template file'.

Last edited by Nintenshi,

Nintenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Phenom Faina said:
Those fucking bastards, 3 revision in 1 year and the price is still rising. so glad i have a 3ds with 9.0 firmware.
Price is still rising?, there's a website selling it already?

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
  • Can I play 2DS games?
  • Is the orange button the only way to select games or do I have a list view as well to select the game what I want?
    I mean when I have 50 games on the card and I have to press always the orange button wtf!

There are no "2DS" games. There's only 3DS games and a few N3DS exclusives.
This new one most likely can run any (you obviously need a N3DS to play N3DS exclusives though).

As for list view, there is not. There's only 2 buttons. The way they work is exactly the same as they did before. Only difference is that before they could scroll forward due to having just one button and now they can also scroll backwards due to having two buttons.

Last edited by lemanuel,

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Unless we have someone here who doesn't know what to do with their money, we can only hope that this card might be our savings grace. but at the rate at which they throw up cards like these like "HAI GUESS WHAT AP PROBLEM SOLVED", You know what they should have done? Wait for Nintendo to throw its focus on NX before releasing info like this. By then Nintendo's focus will be all about making money off NX that the 3DS won't be a hot target and Sky wouldn't fear making 4 carts in a years time.

While I am glad they got rid of the damned template requirement, it still doesn't make sense as to why the gamefile.bin is needed, that's like saying "Guess what, we went from .txt to .bin, cool right?"

I'm definitely going to make a pass on this. $120 means its going to be around $180+ with tax and everything if it comes overseas on my end. A 2DS seems like the best choice for $70 gaming.

Last edited by Misledz,
Reactions: Seita

koim

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Those fucking bastards, 3 revision in 1 year and the price is still rising. so glad i have a 3ds with 9.0 firmware.
Dstwo+ "preorder price" was ranging from 70 to over 100 bucks, but the actual release price was around 50. Do not trust anything you see on most flashcard selling sites.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
  • * Included all the features of sky3DS;
  • * Switch game back and forth by two orange buttons;
  • * More easier to use,copy and play,no diskWriter required;
  • * Compatible with other 3rd party homebrews;
  • * AP checks solved;
  • * Firmware updatable.
That's what the website claims.
Here we go again...

Hmm...

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
now how long is it going to be before nintendo block this
As long as it took them to block the previous Sky carts... oh wait, they're not blocked.
...but if what you're saying is 'how long before a new AP check', then it's anybodys guess - but remember, with the cart having fw updates even new AP might not stop it.

I own a blue button, and I'm quite happy with it, but this new model is quite impressive.
At the moment I have no plans to upgrade, but I may do within the next 6 months (very happy with my rxtools 9.2 o3ds, and 10.3 n3dsxl+Sky combo)... just hope they continue to support the blue button model with new templates or release the necessary code into the wild so we can create our own.

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
As long as it took them to block the previous Sky carts... oh wait, they're not blocked.
...but if what you're saying is 'how long before a new AP check', then it's anybodys guess - but remember, with the cart having fw updates even new AP might not stop it.

I own a blue button, and I'm quite happy with it, but this new model is quite impressive.
At the moment I have no plans to upgrade, but I may do within the next 6 months (very happy with my rxtools 9.2 o3ds, and 10.3 n3dsxl+Sky combo)... just hope they continue to support the blue button model with new templates or release the necessary code into the wild so we can create our own.
Judging from their pricing on the new one mate, they're going to be solid dicks about the blue button. They want people to abandon it like some unborn fetus and jump ship to the Sky+ hype train, so lets just hope people who are willing to buy it won't regret it and if it works, would give a reason for us to upgrade. I guess the reason it couldn't be blocked back then was because of it's non upgradable firmware, however this time, it seems the tables may turn quickly. Technically they've found the expoit we have been looking for anyways, but want top bucks for it.

should I buy this?

or should I wait for rainbow(7 colors) buttons version?

I guess we should wait for the Rainbow Road edition xD blinks colors as you connect it via USB

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and i heard obs makes gd lag alot