Hacking New Sky3ds blue button owner. Some questions.

  • Thread starter Thread starter pu1se80
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 18,667
  • Replies Replies 37
guys i need help I JUST bought a blue button sky3ds but whever i press the button to change game it doesnt it just flashes and it always turn on the first game in my diskwriter and i download my roms from roms43. any help????????
 
guys i need help I JUST bought a blue button sky3ds but whever i press the button to change game it doesnt it just flashes and it always turn on the first game in my diskwriter and i download my roms from roms43. any help????????

your roms should be for the same region your 3ds is on.
 
i download my roms from roms43.

FBIas-Anti-Piracy-Warning-Seal.png
 
  • Like
Reactions: vahnx
Most people who pirate anything (games, movies, music, etc) would never have planned to purchase the item anyways. These are the type of people who borrow from a friend or rent from a kiosk/store.

Back in the DS days, one argument was the convenience of having all your games on one device. Nintendo finally delivered that ability with the 3DS and Wii U eShop. The problem with the eShop is that Nintendo charges the same price as a retail cart but hinders the owners ability to transfer that purchase. Here I am with 7 eShop games (full retail games valued at around $300) that I am unable to resell or install on another system without having both systems in hand to do a transfer and both systems being from the same region. It would be nice if the eShop worked more like Apple's App Store. Being able to install on any devices you own. More aggressive pricing so I don't feel like I'm making a bad investment buying digital instead of physical. The fact is, Nintendo just doesn't get it. They make some great games, but they are managed by people who are not the right person for that particular position. And they have no problem screwing their customers over.
 
But like I keep asking.. people keep worrying its going to get blocked....If I just stick with my current firmware 9.4 can they ever block my card?
no they can't block it on 9.4 if you stay there, but eventually new releases will be coming with higher FW requirements which will either force you to update, or you cant play them, just play it safe and only update after it is confirmed safe
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ralph1611
no they can't block it on 9.4 if you stay there, but eventually new releases will be coming with higher FW requirements which will either force you to update, or you cant play them, just play it safe and only update after it is confirmed safe

Thanks.
 
Hi,
I am really hoping someone can help,

I have various .3ds roms but for some reason the disk writer will not let me put them onto the sky3ds card with blue button.

It keeps giving me the no resource data yet update template.txt and I don't seem to be able to do anything about it. I could understand if this happened to 1 game but all of them?

I have put the disk writer (latest Version 1.05) and template (Latest) into same folder and have installed .net framework 4.0 but still no joy. I open disk writer as admin but still no joy. I am on windows XP if this makes a difference?

My rom file for Luigi Mansion 2 is something like ctr-aggp.3ds cant remember exactly, does this look correct?

I really am stuck now so any help is much appreciated sorry if the post is a little vague.

Thanks
bluedusty
 
try to use the same template...but dont rename it.. leave it as is... change it to that one.. and try to write a game.
 
This thread is old but I'm looking for all the help I can. I just got my Sky3DS Flashcard and I can't get my roms to work in the DiskWriter. No amount of different ROMS will work... I'm starting to regret my choice of buying one now.
 
This thread is old but I'm looking for all the help I can. I just got my Sky3DS Flashcard and I can't get my roms to work in the DiskWriter. No amount of different ROMS will work... I'm starting to regret my choice of buying one now.

What exactly is not working about driskwriter? You're using .3ds files correct? Not CIAs? And you have the latest template file from the Sky3ds website right?

You also have to right click diskwriter and run as administrator.
 
Last edited by azublazer,
What exactly is not working about driskwriter? You're using .3ds files correct? Not CIAs? And you have the latest template file from the Sky3ds website right?

You also have to right click diskwriter and run as administrator.

I've fixed it now. I just had to uninstall and reinstall Winrar. that's really strange huh...? The new problem is that i can't seem to get ROM that i download in three parts to work (EG Pokemon X, Y...) Any suggestions?

Also, is the reason my blue button not switching ROMS because I don't have a Sandisk micro SD? I have a 64g unbranded one.

Thanks so much sorry for being a pain :3
 
I've fixed it now. I just had to uninstall and reinstall Winrar. that's really strange huh...? The new problem is that i can't seem to get ROM that i download in three parts to work (EG Pokemon X, Y...) Any suggestions?

Also, is the reason my blue button not switching ROMS because I don't have a Sandisk micro SD? I have a 64g unbranded one.

Thanks so much sorry for being a pain :3
Put the parts on your desktop then select all of them and right click and choose "extract files".
You might need a new SD card because it might be a fake/clone or a bad SD card, try formating it and putting files back on it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DigitalDeviant

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted