Hacking New Sky 3DS plus doesn't seem to be working

Bubbers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

Sorry I have had a good look around the forums and the official website and have tried what I can.

I have tried putting the latest firmware onto the SD card (unzipped). I put the sky 3DS plus into the laptop and the LED flashes red, then immediately green, flashing green for approx. 2 seconds and then that stops.

When I then put the Sky 3DS plus into my 2DS....nothing! No flashing whatsoever and no recognition of any games or anything.

When I then put the SD card into an adapter and into my laptop the firmware update is there, no settings file which I have read about and nothing else.

I've read it can be the SD card sometimes. I've tried an 8 and 16gb (32FAT formatted 64kb cluster size). Also it is readable when I insert it into the Sky 3ds plus and then connect it to the PC so I'd be surprised if the 3ds reads nothing. I really don't understand where I'm going wrong here...

GoClaudio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make sure the .3ds file actually works, get another .3ds file, the .3ds file must be on the root, check the sd card format, regular fat32 format works don't worry about cluster size, use another sd card besides the 2 you already tried, plug the card, push the card buttons and see if it lights, and that's all I can think of, good luck

Last edited by GoClaudio,

Bubbers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Go Claudio. I'm just about to format and try the one from my phone, that's a Samsung Evo 64gb which apparently works. The previous two were generic, but I just thought it's weird nothing happens at all. What's supposed to happen if you insert the 3DS plus into a 2ds/3ds with no SD card? If I do that it doesn't even flash or anything...

GoClaudio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you plug the sky3ds without sd card in the 2ds/3ds it flashes green, blue, pink, red, then it goes off

what game are you trying to play? Pokémon Sun/Moon doesn't works on Sky3DS+

Last edited by GoClaudio,

Bubbers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was trying to play Tom Clancy Ghost recon - Shadow Wars. I'm starting to think it may be broken as when I insert it into my 2DS without an SD card there is no flashing whatsoever

GoClaudio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try another sd card, re upgrade the firmware, try v110 first, test, then try v120, test, if that doesn't work, then yes, it's a faulty card

RivenMain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought one a while back, regifting it for christmas :'3 Have u made sure it's pushed in? Mine sometimes doesn't work properly even though it's in the slot so i gotta hold it for a second then let go. Or blow on it like a n64 cartridge. You may of tried these, but thought I'd mention them.

Bubbers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks I'll give that a try. I didn't update my Nintendo. It's on version 10.4.0-29U. I remember reading it's better not to if you want to also use a R4i card. Does this affect the Sky 3DS plus

Bubbers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also I got this 2DS off of ebay, so I haven't actually tried any genuine 3DS games. There's a slim chance the 2DS may be faulty, but the guy had a good sellers rating and I'd be surprised. I'll purchase a cheap game to test it.

HuskyXD

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also I got this 2DS off of ebay, so I haven't actually tried any genuine 3DS games. There's a slim chance the 2DS may be faulty, but the guy had a good sellers rating and I'd be surprised. I'll purchase a cheap game to test it.

https://3ds.guide/ here's the guide if you decide to do the downgrade and installing custom firmware route.

Bubbers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK seems the R4i gold works fine...if I wedge paper behind it to make the connection. So it could be a faulty cartridge drive, but this fix doesn't work for the Sky 3DS plus. Still no lights flashing at all

ladygugu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Have almost same problem tried so many SD Cards in any format and cluster size the only thing it does is to flash grenn then red for a split second and then nothing no game shows up. Even with no SD Card it should flash green, blue, pink, red, then it go off but instead it goes grenn for 0,2s and red for 0,2s and then goes off. Have flashed all firmwares many times. Dont know what it is.

Last edited by ladygugu,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: leo @'d me in a thread about his last dream, stating he was passionately making out with a guy...