New Review: PassMe Upgrade (aka. PassMe-2-Z)

Mchart

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fantastic review, Shaun. This new PassMe sounds just like what the scene needed - a stylish, compact PassMe that doesn't need an original card. Next stage: making them the size of original NDS cards...
rolleyes.gif

No, we need a device like the neoflash MK3, that actually works so the GBA slot is not used.

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So am I - as soon as another store gets the item in stock we'll be looking at a price drop, since Shop@01media has some pretty reckless prices.

brassica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi all,

I bought a G6 Flash 4 Gbits with a passme upgrade ( http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=29641 ) from http://shop.01media.com .
My DS is a new one, protected against Passme, Silver model.
I can't use that passme upgrade with G6.
According to the manufacturer of the passme upgrade, it works with Super Card, and should work with other flash carts in the market, but they didn't tested G6/M3.
Anybody here succeded to make it work ?
I plan to use it once, only to flashme the DS.
But when I flash the ADDJ-0.gba ( dig dug JPN, the game on my passme upgrade ) i got from DarkFader game list, all it does on the screen is a message saying sram written.
Then I switch off the DS, quickly insert the passme and switch on the DS.
The DS boots, with sound, but instead of having the " touch screen to continue " message, i got two white screens.
I also got the same result if i insert the passme upgrade before switching off the DS.
If anyone experienced the same problem, please help me.

brassica.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I bought a G6 Flash 4 Gbits with a passme upgrade ( http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=29641 ) from http://shop.01media.com .
My DS is a new one, protected against Passme, Silver model.
I can't use that passme upgrade with G6.
According to the manufacturer of the passme upgrade, it works with Super Card, and should work with other flash carts in the market, but they didn't tested G6/M3.
Anybody here succeded to make it work ?
I plan to use it once, only to flashme the DS.
But when I flash the ADDJ-0.gba ( dig dug JPN, the game on my passme upgrade ) i got from DarkFader game list, all it does on the screen is a message saying sram written.
Then I switch off the DS, quickly insert the passme and switch on the DS.
The DS boots, with sound, but instead of having the " touch screen to continue " message, i got two white screens.
I also got the same result if i insert the passme upgrade before switching off the DS.
If anyone experienced the same problem, please help me.

brassica.
The two white screens is the sign of success that it worked.
smile.gif
And that the DS is trying to read DS ROM data from the GBA slot.
smile.gif

Did you also insert your G6, and set it up according to how it should be for playing DS ROMS?

brassica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am glad you say the two white screens are a good thing.
The file ADDJ-0.gba was added on G6 with the G6-Manager and with Windows Explorer.
i also added other files, such as flashme.nds and some roms in the NDS folder.
But when I switch off the DS, insert passme, switch on DS, and i get the 2 white screens, the DS freezes.
Even if i don t execute the ADDJ-0.gba file, I only need to insert the passme, switch it on, and the screens are white, without doing anything.
I guess i m supposed to have the G6 menu after that, but DS is freezed.
I never succeded to launch any .nds file.
I also tried the ADDJ-0.gba file with my EZFA 256 GBA linker, and got the same result.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
2nd Update: A few users of the PassMe upgrade have been reporting that it's NOT WORKING WITH THE NEW FIRMWARE DS or iQue DS.
We can't confirm this for sure as we don't have a new firmware DS to test it on.
For the time being I've updated the review to remove all PassMe2 related info, and have adjusted the score minus 1 point.

Mican

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice review. However, the update about "issues with a new DSs" came too late for me. 45€ is pretty much for a white-screen generator
cry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up