New Review: M3 Perfect Adapter (CompactFlash)

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

New Review: M3 Perfect Adapter (1G CF) 3rd Generation Review

New GBAtemp Review

We've got another official GBAtemp hardware review for you all, this time Thug4L1f3 has reviewed the M3 Adapter.

Check out his review to see what he makes of it!
  • icon11.gif
    M3 Perfect Adapter (1G CF) 3rd Generation Review
Feel free to leave comments on this review in this news topic.

Also check out our "M3 Adapter: "How to" & FAQ" for help using your M3 Adapter!

LackOfIntelligen

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I don't get why someone who doesn't even know you need a Passme and a CF card to use this device, is qualified to do a review? And you had to email the staff at m3adapter.com to find the software which uhhh, is on m3adapter.com.

No offence man but I don't have a lot of respect for a review by someone who can't even work out these basic things. I didn't bother to read the rest of the review after this because frankly why should I respect a review written by someone who obviously has no idea about the NDS flashing device scene.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't get why someone who doesn't even know you need a Passme and a CF card to use this device, is qualified to do a review? And you had to email the staff at m3adapter.com to find the software which uhhh, is on m3adapter.com.

No offence man but I don't have a lot of respect for a review by someone who can't even work out these basic things. I didn't bother to read the rest of the review after this because frankly why should I respect a review written by someone who obviously has no idea about the NDS flashing device scene.
You're the one with the problem mate, and the fact that you didn't read the review and still chose to judge it is laughable and pathetic.

It doesn't take a genius to use these flash kits once you've got all the right kit, they're designed for newbies to use them without worry. Some people have more important things to worry about, and you should be lucky they take the time to write these reviews for inconsiderate assholes like you.

LackOfIntelligen

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You're the one with the problem mate, and the fact that you didn't read the review and still chose to  judge it is laughable and pathetic.

It doesn't take a genius to use these flash kits once you've got all the right kit, they're designed for newbies to use them without worry. Some people have more important things to worry about, and you should be lucky they take the time to write these reviews for inconsiderate assholes like you.

I read enough of the review to make a judgement. A person who is reviewing a product should have enough knowledge of the subject to be able to do an informed review. You wouldn't expect to see an Xbox review in a magazine and see someone say "Oh gosh I didn't know I needed game to play it, so I went and bought one. -5 points!".

"It doesn't take a genius to use these flash kits once you've got all the right kit, they're designed for newbies to use them without worry. Some people have more important things to worry about, and you should be lucky they take the time to write these reviews for inconsiderate assholes like you."

This part I have no idea what relevance it has to my comment. I didn't say ThugL1f3 (or whatever) should be a genius, only that as a reviewer he should know basic stuff like if the drivers aren't on the CD, look for them on the site. Or if it's an M3 CF Perfect, you need a CF card to use it.

If you have any interest in the credibility of this site you should take careful consideration of the content you put on it, instead of putting up any old thing.

Oh yeah, and thanks for being real mature and resorting to personal attacks, when I did no such thing to you, your site or your reviewer. Nice attitude.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Im in my 30s and am new to the NDS scene. I've dumped more games for more consoles than you have probably owned and done more for more scenes than you probably knew existed.

When the guys at M3 OFFERED to send me an NDS KIT I assumed it would contain EVERYTHING I needed, not one part of it.

As for the software, I didn't know what the site's URL was, or have time to go searching for the appropiate one. Usually with kits like this, the software included IS the CORRECT one.

Asking someone new to the NDS scene also more or less guarantees an impartial review, also showing ease of use for a n00b.

It is obvious to me you have joined just to flame which says to me you have WAY to much time on your hands.

G'bye

/haters/lamers

id242

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice review!! I was looking for a system to recommend to my brother and prior to the review, I was going to suggest he get the SuperCard-SD... but now I see that the M3 will do much more of what he's looking to do with it - Thanks for another contributed review!!

Cheers
grog.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Great review Thug
smile.gif

I'm sure it'll be very helpful for the people out there still deciding on whether or not to buy an M3.

Also a note to others, there will be a stand alone M3 SD review coming in the future thanks to Qrayzie
smile.gif
I'm sure GBAtemp will keep all the bases covered.

bolton2

bolton2
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
great review thug. its good to see all these reviews up....although they would ahve been nice a while back when we were all asking a ton of questions j/k
tongue.gif

be good to see the m3 sd review as well, although it makes me envious that i got my m3 cf well before the sd came out
frown.gif
.... but like my 256f2a pro card, no regrets no matter what else gets released..

TheRocK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
great review thug. its good to see all these reviews up....although they would ahve been nice a while back when we were all asking a ton of questions j/k
tongue.gif

be good to see the m3 sd review as well, although it makes me envious that i got my m3 cf well before the sd came out
frown.gif
.... but like my 256f2a pro card, no regrets no matter what else gets released..

Yea nice review, allthough i bought an SC:SD earlier. I also still got my f2a 256mbit around here somewhere.

To the haters: the people at gbatemp are doing those reviews for fun, they take their time to write us a review, if you don't like the review, don't read it... simple is that!

teh_raf3

Whatever suits you
Trophies
Website
users.pandora.be
XP
Country
Belgium
A

A7mag3ddon

Hi, I got a couple of questions regarding the M3 device you reviewed.

1) I live in the uk and was wondering where i could purchase from? Cant find a decent link on m3adapter.com

2) you said it uses CF technology, i have 2 x 4gb CF hard drives which im currently using on my psp but ive tested them on my other CF devices such as camera and flash drive. Do you think it would work on M3 as well ? i think they are called CF Type 2 IBM Microdrives.

Thanks for any info.

Nocturno

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Venezuela

1) I live in the uk and was wondering where i could purchase from? Cant find a decent link on m3adapter.com

2) you said it uses CF technology, i have 2 x 4gb CF hard drives which im currently using on my psp but ive tested them on my other CF devices such as camera and flash drive. Do you think it would work on M3 as well ? i think they are called CF Type 2 IBM Microdrives.

Thanks for any info.

CF on PSP? is that possible?

Mchart

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

2) you said it uses CF technology, i have 2 x 4gb CF hard drives which im currently using on my psp but ive tested them on my other CF devices such as camera and flash drive. Do you think it would work on M3 as well ? i think they are called CF Type 2 IBM Microdrives.

Thanks for any info.

Yes, they will work. However, those things suck a lot more battery power, so it may not be wise to use them.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
blah blah blah blah blah

Enjoy the new username, I'd say you earned it...
wink2.gif
laugh.gif
owned

Man, all these reviews make me want to buy a DS flashcart... But I'll stick to supporting Nintendo though. (might buy one later
nyanya.gif
)
Heh, only thing that stops me is money. Everytime I start saving for a new flashcart, a couple nice new DS games come out and I just gotta buy them! If I do end up buying a new kit, it will probably be the M3 SD. Depending on how it compares to the CF at the time I buy it.

KeYbLaDeXaLcHeMi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If your stuck between choosing the two, I'd say you should go with the CF version because most homebrew is not compatible with the SD version. Even though many people have said that the SD version is faster becuase it supports 8X, eventually the CF and SD version will run at the same speed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit