Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Great review
smile.gif
i hope to in the next few days find out about action replay if thats working or not.

Pokemon is not working didnt work in my favor as its one of the games i am looking forward to playing on it, and with only a handfull of games being tested the 99.9% could shrink even lower.

Again thanks for the review
smile.gif

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Hey, great review! Looks quite interesting.
One question though - the single-cart download multiplayer - it works between two unflashed ds'.. so one with the DS-X and another unflashed DS with nothing in it right? Did this work with games like Mario Kart and New Super Mario Bros?

if it did, that's pretty cool ^.^
Anyway, thanks for the review!
yes it did, we've covered every situation and it DOES work.

Regarding the non working Pokémon game.
It is AFAIK the only game that requires 4 mbits of memory to save.
The DS-Xtreme only got 2 mbits but the DS-X team told us that it could support more than 2 mbits eeprom.
I think this is directly related! This should lead them on the way to fixing the problem hopefully...(thanks hunter for noticing)

Anyway I am absolutely certain that the DS-X team will solve this issue rapidly.
They will release a new firmware and they also told me that the newly manufactured DS-Xtreme units will feature this fixed firmware!

Hellfromabove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great review guys, very precise and thorough. That answered all my questions. I am really happy about the GBA port support and especially happy about the dancing lights. I'm disappointed though that it doesn't support Pearl. Even though I don't read Japanese yet the US release is just around the corner. Just glad that they are doing fixes and such.

On a related note, does anyone know if Divineo has shipped these out yet? Thanx.

-See Ya!!!

narius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright cool so I will be able to play pokemon p/d then yeah!! But I cant decide where to order... All I know is that I really would like to get it this week delivered to my home in Texas, USA.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i guys i was wondering if you could help see if you update the firmware in the future will games like pokemon d/p work ?? is that what firmware updates do and where will you be able to get the firmware updates and how will you know its not one it will brick you nds thanks for your help and nice review hopefully getting mine anyday soon

stinkingbob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hey Costello and Shaun,

Thanks for the reviews and getting back to us with fast responses.
I have a question:

Is it possible to make a back up of a commercial ROM and store the .nds on your computer. Tht way, if you lose the original cart, you have a back up.
Just curious, cuz you could do this with the gba flashcarts.

Oh yes, if I decided to use the ds-Xtreme as a passcard, can I store back-up NDS oms on my XROM flash cart and then have it read from the Xrom?

Thanks,
B.

Zap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aww... Only if this compatibility and OS.... in the shell of the DSLink with transflash/microsd. That would be AWSOME.

I love the software and compatibility. Though, it doesn't really justify my upgrade from a G6 lite yet.

frown.gif

JoeB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's 2 things missing from this review:

- GBA compatibility (I assume none)
- how does this thing function with a unit that already has FlashMe on it?

skylerj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.koopatorivm.com
XP
Country
United States
A good and thorough review, but I would like to comment on something that annoys me about the reviews around here. It seems sometimes, at least to me, that gbatemp reviewers get caught up in the excitement of getting something new and free in the mail, because the tone of the reviews, including this one, seem to "try to like" the product. In other words, they seem biased toward approving the item, as if they were afraid to offend the companies.

For example, in almost every review, flaws are excused by saying "the company has assured us that patches and updates are coming to address this problem!" Bullcrap. The review should be based on the final product released for retail, peroid. And the review should begin with a neutral point of view rather than trying to like anything.

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
For example, in almost every review, flaws are excused by saying "the company has assured us that patches and updates are coming to address this problem!" Bullcrap. The review should be based on the final product released for retail, peroid. And the review should begin with a neutral point of view rather than trying to like anything.

This product is good. Period. It seems to deserve the score. But you're right on one thing: they're making promises. Ok, let's wait for them to become true (I hope so).

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Great review, I almost want one of these. The only 2 things I didn't like was it only having 512MB of memory, if it used Micro flash carts I would have been sold. The only other little thing is the fact it has to boot up to the DS menu, then you need to select the card to boot it up. A shame they never put some sort of fast booting on it, maybe this will come in the next firmware update. I did like the idea of customised skins, probably supercard and the M3 will copy this idea for their next firmware release
laugh.gif

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like a great product, albeit a little expensive for what it is (512Mbyte).

I have to agree this review seems a little excited and/or biased.

Here are some things you didn't mention that I would normally see mentioned as small negatives in other reviews:

USB port isn't concealed (also resulting on less professional looking product)
Case is held together with clips as opposed to screws.
The number of steps it takes to simply load a game/homebrew. DS-X Loading screen > Select App Menu > Double-click on game/homebrew > Confirm (why have confirmation screen if you have to double-click, or vice-versa?) > Few seconds to load .nds file > Play

These things aren't too big of a deal, but you've always mentioned little things like these in other reviews.
But this one lacks them for some reason. Frankly, I'm surprised you didn't mention at least the unappealing USB port showing.

But I'm sounding too negative!
This still seems like a great product and the review was very informative and told us most of what we all wanted to know.
Definately no other card like this one.

Thanks!

hornetx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sweet, it works as a passme device. I have a G6lite and i love it, but having both would give me pretty much every feature i could want, espcially single cart multiplayer, woot!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how to use usbloader, so i can't help