Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

New Review - DS-Xtreme 4Gbit

Official GBAtemp Review

Here's the review you've all been waiting for since this morning... The official GBAtemp.net review of the DS-Xtreme 4Gbit (512MB).
Go and read the review to find out how the DS-Xtreme compares to all the other kits on the market, and to see if it's worth the wait!

Click the image above or the link below to go to the review.
Please leave all comments in this thread.
  • icon11.gif
    DS-Xtreme 4Gbit (512MB) Review

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wee first post.

Nice review. So it's not 100% compatibility after all. Good enough. (Although Pokemon is a pretty big title)

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You mention the "hefty price tag" as a point of consideration, but then you dont actually tell us the price.

Care to divulge this information?
If you look around the online stores you'll find it. We don't tend to add prices to review as they change frequently.

Price atm is around £75 / $120 / €110

D

Deleted User

Nice review. It seems to cover the basics and a bit more. It certainly looks the goods. Thanks. (I think I'll wait for the second incarnation of it though. That might be 1GB.)

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ooooo. I'm surprised that Pokemon D/P doesn't work, whatever happened to 100% compatibility? 99.9% isn't the same.

Anyways, looks like a longass review and I'm gonna read the whole thing. Thanks to Shaun and Costello.

I predicted the score precisely, I knew that you would give it higher than a 9 because many other DS flash carts gotten 9's and they were not as good as the DS-X. But also, if you guys gave it a 10, then people would complain to you if they found anything wrong with the DS-X. Thus 9.5 seemed the only score to correctly assume.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The review fails to mention the battery life drain, reading from a slot 1 card produces. Do you guys have any info on that?
We've only had the card about 14 hours.
wink.gif

There's no real easy way of testing battery life atm without checking the DS every 15 minutes.

Maybe we'll try and add some info soon.

narius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
: cry: its so beautiful! damn nice... now where should i buy it in the us so that i can get it this week?

and ya I would really like to know about the battery life, because to me thats the only thing negative about using the DS-X vs retail cart...

so it has a longer battery life than 15 hours! zomg no way! jk, I can dream can't I?
biggrin.gif

ya I also really hope that they fix the pokemon p/d becuase thats one game I am really counting on! I heard it was an overdump though so that might be part of the problem though i dont know

SectionX

Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like an amazing card. I am pretty sure that DS-X team will update firmware so all games work. 99.9% is still very impressive.

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
Only one title not working. And it is precisely a best seller. Very suspicious. I'm gonna buy this baby, it's great for me, but not before Pokemon D/P is working on it. Thanks for the review.

Morning

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, great review! Looks quite interesting.
One question though - the single-cart download multiplayer - it works between two unflashed ds'.. so one with the DS-X and another unflashed DS with nothing in it right? Did this work with games like Mario Kart and New Super Mario Bros?

if it did, that's pretty cool ^.^
Anyway, thanks for the review!

nerd1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There's no real easy way of testing battery life atm without checking the DS every 15 minutes.

Have it fully charged and run the media player. Have the same playlist to test it running off a slot2 cart and a slot 1 cart, this way you can compare the battery life... if you had 2 DS then you can run them together. if you had 3, you can even run the superkey/passkey and slot 2 cart at the same time
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps5-m2sdd-quit-working-in-ps5.622567/page-2 guess I'm not the only...