yay p1ngpong.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

The DS Motion Card was released way back in November 2006 which was a shame, because that's just the time slot-1 flashcarts were becoming popular. Therefore, some people were put off the Motion Card because they would be unable to use a slot-1 flashcart, and so a little later on the DS Motion Pak was released. This does basically the same job as the Motion Card, but instead of going in the slot-1 it goes in the slot-2. And I'm going to be reviewing one courtesy of shop.01media.com! I personally believe this card has huge potantial so I'm looking forward to getting it.

Expect a review in a couple of weeks minimum though, I'll probably have problems that are probably my fault, and I don't know how fast shipping is going to be either... Also, yay, my first blog. Thanks Costello for making this
biggrin.gif

Thanks!

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"While it's not a requirement we kindly request that you use this blog for personal purposes, and keep the gaming/emulation/etc discussions within their respective forums and topics."

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
"While it's not a requirement we kindly request that you use this blog for personal purposes, and keep the gaming/emulation/etc discussions within their respective forums and topics."
I'm pretty sure the rule means no asking questions, stuff like that. I fail to see how this is inappropriate, as it is personal. I have no real work to show for it yet, I'm just talking about how I'm going to be getting a sample...

I'll ask an admin just to make sure.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm pretty sure the rule means no asking questions, stuff like that. I fail to see how this is inappropriate, as it is personal. I have no real work to show for it yet, I'm just talking about how I'm going to be getting a sample...

From now on, all my FAQs will be posted on my blog.

LOL THINK OF THE HITS IM RICH

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is this useful information? Nope, it's just me telling people what I will be reviewing. It is related to the site, but it's also personal... I don't understand why you're so upset about this.

Edit: Also, the rules say 'it is not a requirement'

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this useful information? Nope, it's just me telling people what I will be reviewing. It is related to the site, but it's also personal... I don't understand why you're so upset about this.
I'm trying to refrain from outright stating my opinion on the usefulness of this addition since I'm staff.

But what the fuck, mine as well, "BLOGS? WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING COSTELLO. THIS IS A GAMING FORUM. IF PEOPLE WANTED TO READ ABOUT TOAST AND ZOMBIES THEY WOULD GO SOMEWHERE ELSE."

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

What this meant was that member's should keep their forum topics in the forum. If suddenly everyone is posting all of their questions, comments on recent games, reviews, blah blah etc in their blogs... there'd be absolutely no activity in the forums. A person who posts a blog article called "I hate the new PlayStation 17" is someone who's not posting in a "PlayStation 17" discussion topic in the regular forums.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

I'm trying to refrain from outright stating my opinion on the usefulness of this addition since I'm staff.

But what the fuck, mine as well, "BLOGS? WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING COSTELLO. THIS IS A FORUM. IF PEOPLE WANTED TO READ ABOUT TOAST AND ZOMBIES THEY WOULD GO SOMEWHERE ELSE."
Well I for one welcome the addition of blogs, and I'm sure many other members will... If you don't like them, don't use them. That's the only solution to your problem short of Costello deleting all his hard work.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What this meant was that member's should keep their forum topics in the forum. If suddenly everyone is posting all of their questions, comments on recent games, reviews, blah blah etc in their blogs... there'd be absolutely no activity in the forums. A person who posts a blog article called "I hate the new PlayStation 17" is someone who's not posting in a "PlayStation 17" discussion topic in the regular forums.
Its also making the information much less viewable since it won't have a spot on the forum, where last I checked, a majority of the forum-dwellers go.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Its also making the information much less viewable since it won't have a spot on the forum, where last I checked, a majority of the forum-dwellers go.
I see a blog as being very different to a forum post. Forum posts ask for help, a blog is, well, a blog. Telling people about your life, sharing interesting things with them. You're right, some areas such as general off-topic may see a slight decrease in activity, but apart from that I see no reason blogs should disrupt the normal flow of activity...

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

Exactly why people should stick to posting "personal" stuff in their blogs. Like their day, or their current home life, or their job. One good example would be Westside's topic the other day, ranting about how people insulted him for being in the Canadian army when he's not originally from Canada. That's absolutely 100% perfect for the blogs. Whereas if everyone posts all their thoughts on games and such in their blogs, the majority of users won't see those opinions and the forum will run dry.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see a blog as being very different to a forum post. Forum posts ask for help, a blog is, well, a blog. Telling people about your life, sharing interesting things with them. You're right, some areas such as general off-topic may see a slight decrease in activity, but apart from that I see no reason blogs should disrupt the normal flow of activity...
Thats a very narrow-view of what a forum post is. I'm referring to all the threads where people are providing some sort of information to others (AKA A FAQ, REVIEW, ETC), which now people will be tempted to post on their blog instead of on the board.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Thats a very narrow-view of what a forum post is. I'm referring to all the threads where people are providing some sort of information to others (AKA A FAQ, REVIEW, ETC), which now people will be tempted to post on their blog instead of on the board.
And the people who are posting FAQs and reviews in their blogs will be in the wrong... I am not posting an FAQ or review, this post was about my personal life. I don't see what problem you have with me in particular. If you want to bitch about blogs in general go create your own blog entry.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Stop your arguing Urza
tongue.gif
this is a perfect use for the blog. This post is personal and is Sinkhead just giving a heads up on what he's up to. Sounds like a blog to me!

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm... I don't think my personal life is interesting enough to have a full blog dedicated to it. I'm using my blog to tell about what video games i've played that day and what I thought about them... is that so wrong?

I think you guys should stop arguiing over what people post in their blogs, because it would be near impossible to stop the Juggernaut that is the GBAtemp forums...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: oh right those