Grrrawr the patch won't work with me
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

It says : xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

mad.gif

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
OP
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Demonbart said:
jceggbert5 said:
I will be using a different patch format when I release the next demo, which will be really soon after I get my laptop back from repair.
You mean something like IPS?
I'm thinking of IPS, PPF, or one other that I can't remember the name to at the moment, PPF will probably be it because of speed (compared to IPS).

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, Ill be using Ninja for a project soon (Expect a new topic when it's done, it'll be epic) but I don't know about the size or speed of the patching. BTW, the project is currently named "Mario Kart Wii H"

jceggbert5

OP
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Dr.Killa said:
whos project is better, this one or the other 1

Well, even though I am head of this project, I would say that I like Gridatttack's NSMB Deluxe better than mine, because he's already so far along with it.

On the contrary, I say that mine is better because I have had most of the fun jamming all the stuff into the ROM, and there's no greater level of satisfaction than using something you put lots of effort in to. (and letting a large breath out and saying "It's done... finally...")

Gridatttack probably feels the same way about his, because he has done a lot of the work on his project, and I respect that also.

When he releases his, I will probably play it 'til I beat it (10+ times), and then do the same with mine
rolleyes.gif

And also, it is a complete matter of opinion of each person...

Now, if you're talking about the quickest release, his will (probably) be released first, but mine has downloads every so often, and I think that it is a step in the right direction so that I can get a community opinion of graphics, and making sure I remembered everything (and telling me of glitches).

Also, I started NSMB hacking in November, 2009, and I have learned so much about NSMB hacking and already have made a few discoveries (mainly graphic-wise), and I was the one who figured out where the palette is stored for the logo, and the one that found where the animated bricks/question blocks were stored so that they could be customized. (Treeki probably found the animated blocks first, but I don't remember him saying anything about them, whereas I announced it for all the NSMB hacking community to know...)

I don't know how long Gridatttack has been hacking, but it sure has been longer than me...

And also, the 'team' for this project is:
Level porter: Me
Graphic maker: TileHacker/Dialga/Nikolaj/Nikolaj64 (same person, different names)
Testers: Me, TileHacker, TwiztidSinz, and ZeldaMoron (I'll get a new alpha out for you guys pretty quickly...)
and that's all!

Gridatttack has hinted that there is another developer for his project, and I don't know any more about his project...

Oh, Dr.Killa: If you would, please spell and punctuate your posts properly, because it's kinda hard to tell what you are saying...

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fishaman P said:
Yeah, Ill be using Ninja for a project soon (Expect a new topic when it's done, it'll be epic) but I don't know about the size or speed of the patching. BTW, the project is currently named "Mario Kart Wii H"
My guess, it's either a hacked MKDS to contain the levels from mario kart wii, or the h stands for hentai, and it's a nude patch for MK Wii. Am I close?
Anyways, back on topic:
I'll wait with drawing conclusions until I've played both extensively. Yours is looking great so far though, jceggbert5. Just sayin'.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Demonbart said:
Fishaman P said:
My guess, it's either a hacked MKDS to contain the levels from mario kart wii, or the h stands for hentai, and it's a nude patch for MK Wii. Am I close?

No, not even close on the second one, but the first is getting somewhat lukewarm. You won't even recognize most of the game when it's done.

ByteMunch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fishaman P said:
Demonbart said:
Fishaman P said:

No, not even close on the second one, but the first is getting somewhat lukewarm. You won't even recognize most of the game when it's done.

Leak a beta for us?

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
SimpyDsi said:
Fishaman P said:
Demonbart said:
Fishaman P said:

Leak a beta for us?

Nope, sorry, although the first release will be an unstable beta. If I leave the main goal alone and work on finishing the rest, I'd say about 2 weeks if everything goes well. And for those of you wondering which version:
yaywii.gif
Happy waiting! I'll bump the thread when it's done. More talk of this subject is ONLY to be on my new thread "Mario Kart Wii H: Hot & Juicy Details"

jceggbert5

OP
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
My laptop is back and I am back at hacking now
smile.gif

I am working on new castle graphics now, and am converting the existing castles and working on more levels than I had originally planned for the next demo
yaynds.gif
biggrin.gif
nds.gif
smile.gif

jceggbert5

OP
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Lokao0 said:
What about a new patch?
biggrin.gif

The ROM has been giving me troubles :s I have corrupted over 20GB worth of ROMs as of this posting :s

I only have 3½ more levels to complete before next release (and that will complete NSMB's W2
biggrin.gif
), which I wasn't planning on completing until Demo 4
biggrin.gif

Demo 3 is going to have more new graphics (courtesy of Nikolaj/Dialga/TileHacker and Twiztidsinz (thanks, guys)).

After Demo 3, I will probably take a short break from NRMB and work on other NSMB stuff (like a non-retro level) (will release here, too)...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    +1
  • CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito:
    Hello fellow stranger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you mean I've known you since today
    Damn that's bonkers mate, it's almost like we've never met!
    Probably just my imagination
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: