Hacking new r4-sdhc?

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like there's three new R4's every week. I think this makes sixty. I bet it doesn't work and if it does work I bet it works like crap. If this card was worth buying it would be called something other than R4.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Indeed, I wonder how long clones will turn up with R4 in the title...

Worryingly, I wonder how many actually buy them
blink.gif

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ProtoKun7 said:

blink.gif
Don't knock them, they're saving the good carts. As soon as idiots stop buying R4 clones the counterfeiters will start churning out clones of other, more reputable carts thus muddying the waters further.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Depravo said:
ProtoKun7 said:

blink.gif
Don't knock them, they're saving the good carts. As soon as idiots stop buying R4 clones the counterfeiters will start churning out clones of other, more reputable carts thus muddying the waters further.
You do have a point there that I agree with.

Maybe we can do something to the companies
smileipb2.png

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is actually a third generation of a clone. The functions are included in the firmware 1.13b, which works on old cards from the same company. If you have "WWW.R4I-SDHC.COM" on the card this firmware is for you.

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one of these. It's not really new and it's actually not THAT bad. There's about an update per month.
Of course I doesn't gets any use after I got the CycloDS, but I'm still following the updates just out of curiosity to see how long it lasts.

Gaskie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is the thing I have, and I'm really struggling to get it working. I want to use the YSmenu thing I see but I've followed the instructions and can't get it installed. Can anyone tell me if it should work on this card? If it doesn't, what should I use?

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaskie said:
This is the thing I have, and I'm really struggling to get it working. I want to use the YSmenu thing I see but I've followed the instructions and can't get it installed. Can anyone tell me if it should work on this card? If it doesn't, what should I use?

Do this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=195821

It works. Basically you'll start the DSTT firmware from the middle icon (which is usually for Moonshell) so you'll have the same compatibility as a real DSTT, which seems to be quite good with this unofficial firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: