Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

New R4 DS Firmware Released - 1.06 English Beta

Out now... "Test version"

The R4 DS team have released a test version of their new 1.06 firmware. Stability is unknown so use this one at your own risk. There have been quite a lot of nice new features added into 1.06, take a look at the list below:
R4 DS Team said:
Update R4 v1.06 Kernel (Beta Edition)

1) Hiding the display of those files and directories with "Hiding" attributes

2) Using L button as same as touching the screen to adjust the brightness

3) Narrowing the display for transditional chinese characters

4) Background light should be turn off while closing DS in save mode

5) Soft reset included (L+R+A+B+X+Y) or touch the soft reset button with R to switch on/off this function

Soft reset for multimedia will be applied on Moonshell 1.6 official release

Please notice that the ¡°SHELL¡¢MOONSHL¡¢_SYSTEM_¡±directory and the ¡°_DS_MSHL.NDS ¡±file will be shielded under the "Show Games Only" mode; Those files and directories with "Hiding" attributes will not be shown too.

4-scale-lightness adjustment is available to the DS Lite console by touching the sunny icon at the top left corner of game interface. (Not available to DS console, the sunny icon will turn to be gray if it is DS console.)

At the right top of the touch screen it is the "Soft Reset"; Red indicator means the "Soft Reset¡± function is off; Green indicator means the ¡°Soft Reset¡± function is on. The users may point on the touch screen or press "R" button to switch the "Soft Reset" On/Off.

While the ¡°Soft Reset¡± function is on, pressing ¡°L+R+A+B+X+Y¡± can go back and forth to the game's main menu; Please do not do this while saving, as it will lead to malfunction, It is recommended to go back to main menu before you function the "Soft Reset".
  • download.gif
    Download: Official site / Local mirror

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Posted my attempt at deciphering the engrish in the other thread about this, but might as well put it here as well.

QUOTE said:
1)Here " Only show the game " The way, shielding attribute is " Hide " File and catalogue displayYou can hide everything apart from games in the file list (Tho you can do this with 1.05-maybe they added a bit of text telling you you can press select to hide them or you can hide directories as well now)
QUOTE said:
2)Can use L key is it adjust luminance to come (touch still effective originally)Use L to cycle through brightness (you can still use the sun on the touch screen)
QUOTE said:
3)The storehouse of the original complex form of a simplified Chinese character is tightenned and shownClearer chinese font.QUOTE4)It is in a poor light to close the top cover and close(the electric function in the province)
Now goes into sleep mode and turns off screens when you close it on the menu (Didn't in 1.05)QUOTE
5)Support and is restored to the throne the function (L +R +A +B +X +Y) softly ,Use R key or touch " Restored to the throne the switch softly " Come to turn on or off and is restored to the throne softly
Soft reset back to menu ala supercard by holding L +R +A +B +X +Y in game.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I just tried it out with three games and it seems to be working flawlessly.
In the bottom screen in the top right corner is a new icon with the letter 'R' which assuming stands for 'Reset'. By pressing the 'R' button on your nds, the icon will turn from red to green and vise versa. When it's red and you try to soft reset, it won't work. So you have to turn it to green first before soft reset works.

When you soft reset, it looks like the game crashes with some messed up graphics for about 3 sec, then it goes back to the menu with the icons. I doubt it 'saves' when soft resetting, so make sure to save before resetting back.

As for the R4 team.. there's only one thing to do...
bow.gif

digital_sin

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
the intresting thing is the english version out, and so far no word on the chinease one! i guess it was unfair to judge them from the first few updates.

kennyboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
just tested...reset to menu works fine.

is this the first slot1 card to enable reset to menu without any patching?
great....!

glad i made this card my choice.

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
why is m3 so slow this time?

seems it really is r4s product, m3 team is waiting for r4 team to release firmware, then change it to work on their product.

too bad.

can anyone please link me to the tutorial how to change my m3 into r4?
can i keep the saves?

greetings from ireland, mars

pmcc

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Great, had some random freezes in C:PoR (sandisk 1GB) after ~ten minutes with 1.05. Now I've just played 30 minutes and still no freeze
smile.gif

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They beat the crap out of DS-Xtreme if they continue like this.
ohmy.gif

they already did, didnt they?
i hope ds-x team sold enough units to make no loss at all, they wont sell that much units in the future.
kudos to them for being one of the pioneers, but they somehow failed.
sorry for going off-topic, wont happen again
wink.gif

mars

edit: thx jelbo

eyemessiah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4-scale-lightness adjustment is available to the DS Lite console by touching the sunny icon at the top left corner of game interface. (Not available to DS console, the sunny icon will turn to be gray if it is DS console.)

Really? Coz the 4 scale lightness in both the R4 OS & moonshell seem to work just fine on my DSP.

Am I imagining this?

YAY for R4 team anyway!

bow.gif
grog.gif
bow.gif

D

Deleted User

I'm not sure about this soft reset business. It means it's just another varible that's being checked for which ultimately leads to slowdown and lost performance. Anyway I'll wait for the official release of the program before I try it. I suppose I can always downgrade.

mavis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I found a game the soft reset doesn't work with - Lost in Blue. The game loads when soft reset is enabled, and reset works once the game is loaded - but after a reset (in any game), Lost in Blue won't load until the DS is powered off and then back on.

Anyway, it seems to work fine in everything else I've tried (about 20 games so far) and I never play Lost in Blue anymore, so that ONE game doesn't really matter to me ... just thought I'd mention it in case the R4 guys are reading the forums ...
wink.gif

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I have just uploaded this to the microsd... and I have to say... f'ing awesome!

QUOTE said:
1) Hiding the display of those files and directories with "Hiding" attributes

...that's fantastic... finally my DSorganize folder and multimedia folder (where I keep my mp3s) are hidden on the games menu!

Just a quick step-by-step for those who might ask later...
To hide the folder in windows XP:
1) right click folder
2) select properties
3) tick the box marked "hidden"
4) apply to all subfolders and files
5) click OK
.. and now in your R4 games menu, press select to toggle between showing/hiding hidden folders and files

Softreset! whoop! Might add a few more months to my DS's life because I don't need to fidget with that hardware button =] They only have a certain amount of clicks you know!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson