I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
MZ EXE. said:
I just got this email saying this.

--long post removed--

Does this mean they are going after PSPs with custom firmware? I know the PS2 doesn't have any online anymore and PS3 hardly can even be hacked. The only thing left is the PSP.
Yeah that's what it basicly means.
However, who would download anything from the PSN store anyway when you've got custom firmware?
Kind of pointless, but I guess they've got to do something.

MZ EXE.

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DBlaze said:
MZ EXE. said:
I just got this email saying this.

--long post removed--

Does this mean they are going after PSPs with custom firmware? I know the PS2 doesn't have any online anymore and PS3 hardly can even be hacked. The only thing left is the PSP.
Yeah that's what it basicly means.
However, who would download anything from the PSN store anyway when you've got custom firmware?
Kind of pointless, but I guess they've got to do something.
Damn I guess I have to make a new one. I don't download much from the PSN except demos, but since I use it as well on my PS3. I'd rather keep them separate.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MZ EXE. said:

Be smart and always download legal demos from the official websites.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
EDIT: Hop edited before I could quote. Nevermind.
tongue.gif

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
With sony pushing customisation i.e modnation racers, and whatever else to join LBP and stuff then its probably there to cover themselves incase someone makes a movie based prop or something.

That and also doesn't gamesharing factor in to violation of IP/fraud/etc and such?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
CasperH said:
Flashing an sich is not illegal
violates the DMCA, bypasses built in copy protection

its illegal here anyway

Yeah, and it's 5 years for every act of circumvention. That means that if you started with 2.71SE and are now at 5.50 GEN and only updated to newer OE/M33 firmware when a new OFW was used as a base (and the only GEN firmware you used was 5.50), then you are looking at 70 years in prison (2.71se, 3.02oe, 3.03oe, 3.10oe, 3.30oe, 3.40oe, 3.51m33, 3.52m33, 3.71m33, 3.80m33, 3.90m33, 4.01m33, 5.00m33, 5.50gen multiplied by 5 years for each one). That's not including any ISO/CSOs you may have (either from self made backups or downloads) or any PS1 games you converted. Better hope they don't push for consecutive sentencing.

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
nl255 said:
Joe88 said:
CasperH said:
Flashing an sich is not illegal
violates the DMCA, bypasses built in copy protection

its illegal here anyway

Yeah, and it's 5 years for every act of circumvention. That means that if you started with 2.71SE and are now at 5.50 GEN and only updated to newer OE/M33 firmware when a new OFW was used as a base (and the only GEN firmware you used was 5.50), then you are looking at 70 years in prison (2.71se, 3.02oe, 3.03oe, 3.10oe, 3.30oe, 3.40oe, 3.51m33, 3.52m33, 3.71m33, 3.80m33, 3.90m33, 4.01m33, 5.00m33, 5.50gen multiplied by 5 years for each one). That's not including any ISO/CSOs you may have (either from self made backups or downloads) or any PS1 games you converted. Better hope they don't push for consecutive sentencing.

Lol, "what are you in for?" "murder 20 years" "rape 10 years" "modding my PSP 70 years"

MZ EXE.

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well personally it won't matter that much since the PSP can't even connect to PSN on CFW. I just hope Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker doesn't use a PSN based online system,if it even does get online multiplayer.

Livin in a box said:
I've logging into the Store on my PSP before with custom firmware and I also use the same account on my PS3...Maybe I shouldn't?
Yeah get another one for your PSP, I did just incase. I have a few purchases on a old one for PS3 games and I don't want to lose them.

QUOTE(nl255 @ Dec 22 2009, 01:13 AM) Yeah, and it's 5 years for every act of circumvention. That means that if you started with 2.71SE and are now at 5.50 GEN and only updated to newer OE/M33 firmware when a new OFW was used as a base (and the only GEN firmware you used was 5.50), then you are looking at 70 years in prison (2.71se, 3.02oe, 3.03oe, 3.10oe, 3.30oe, 3.40oe, 3.51m33, 3.52m33, 3.71m33, 3.80m33, 3.90m33, 4.01m33, 5.00m33, 5.50gen multiplied by 5 years for each one). That's not including any ISO/CSOs you may have (either from self made backups or downloads) or any PS1 games you converted. Better hope they don't push for consecutive sentencing.
I'm curious wasn't there something that said you can't be tried twice for the same crime? So I'm guessing the max one can do is 5 years.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ouch, this change sounds bad for us either way. Now im glad i have a Go and a PSP-2000, can use PSN on one, and CFW with the other. Sony seems to be cracking down though, im just hoping they dont change things like the Game-Sharing policy on PS3 (Like they did in Europe)

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
MZ EXE. said:
I'm curious wasn't there something that said you can't be tried twice for the same crime? So I'm guessing the max one can do is 5 years.

Yes, but double jeopardy only applies to being charged twice for the same crime. As each act of circumvention is a seperate crime, it can be charged seperately. It is similar to how if you punch out several people in a barroom brawl, you can be charged for assault once for each person you hit. The good news is that I have never heard of consecutive sentencing being used for nonviolent crimes, such as copyright infringment or circumvention of an access control device but it is theoretically possible to get 5 years for each time you modded your PSP, including CFW upgrades. Of course, this is assuming the DoJ even wants to bother with prosecuting anyone who isn't doing modifications for profit (running a psp modding business, in other words).

Deleted member 177877

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MZ EXE. said:
Double jeopardy doesn't apply that way. When they said "same crime", they mean like if you got acquitted, they can't retry you again for that same exact incident. So someone could get charged with stealing twice, as long as you stole twice. If you got charged for stealing, then got acquitted, they can't retry you for that same incident, but they could charge you again if you did it again. This should be obvious enough since it's similar to illegal music dling, and how ppl that got charged had to pay enormous amounts, not just one song.

Besides, even double jeopardy had its loop holes, such as it only applying if you are within the same states and such...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2