JediAviator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I just bought a new PS4 Pro, but every time I try to boot a 4k game it will be a pixelated mess on the screen. Tried it on both a projector running 1080p and also a TV running 1080i. Does anyone know how to resolve this problem? I tried to switch the video output from automatic to 1080p/1080i with no luck.
Do I need to have a 4K TV to play those games? Or will it scale down automatically?

froggydarren

Trophies
XP
Country
are you using the supplied HDMI cable (HDMI 2.0)? also have you got super sampling enabled in the settings menu?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to get 4K resolution then you will need a TV that support 4K, obviously if you want to run a game set on 4k setting on ps4 end it will show up blurry on the tv if it only support 1080.

Last edited by Hayato213,

froggydarren

Trophies
XP
Country
unless you have super sampling enabled and your PRO is hooked up to a 1080p display it wont let you select 2160p as it will warn you and the option will be locked out you carnt have the console output 4k when its only hooked upto a 1080p tv it wont let you :)

JediAviator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unless you have super sampling enabled and your PRO is hooked up to a 1080p display it wont let you select 2160p as it will warn you and the option will be locked out you carnt have the console output 4k when its only hooked upto a 1080p tv it wont let you :)
I don't need the 4K, I will just play in 1080p.
If you want to get 4K resolution then you will need a TV that support 4K, obviously if you want to run a game set on 4k setting on ps4 end it will show up blurry on the tv if it only support 1080.
I just want to play on 1080, thats all. Will it downscale to play any 4k games?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

are you using the supplied HDMI cable (HDMI 2.0)? also have you got super sampling enabled in the settings menu?
Yes, using the same HDMI that came with it. Tried super sampling and still no luck

froggydarren

Trophies
XP
Country

it should just output 1080p iv got 3 PRO's in my house 2 hooked upto 4k tv's and one on a 1080p tv with super sampling turned on and iv never seen this problem any chance of a pic of the issue and also your settings on the ps4? it will run fine on a 1080p tv with or without super sampling / boost mode on so this is a strange problem for sure

Last edited by froggydarren,

JediAviator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried automatic, 1080p, 720 under the settings. Also tried super sampling on/off. Same deal
20180402_130024.jpg
20180402_130245.jpg

Last edited by JediAviator,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes, using the same HDMI that came with it. Tried super sampling and still no luck

It is more of per game basis, in your case if a game is patched in 4K mode, and you dont have a 4k TV or Monitor for it, it will be downsampled to 1080p, that what cause pixelated , blurry issue. Like @froggydarren said you probably have to use super sampling but that require 5.50 update.

Last edited by Hayato213,

JediAviator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is more of per game basis, in your case if a game is patched in 4K mode, and you dont have a 4k TV or Monitor for it, it will be downsampled to 1080p, that what case pixelated , blurry issue. Like @froggydarren said you probably have to use super sampling but that require 5.50 update.
Ive tried super sampling, I am currently under 5.50

froggydarren

Trophies
XP
Country
ahhh ok looks like GPU problem just for the sake of trying to figure out if it is a hardware problem (which it looks like) can you try a different HDMI cable and also a different port as it could be that TV isnt really liking the HDMI 2.0 cable the PRO comes with...also does the console sound loud and is it hotter then it should be? more then likely the GPU is faulty if all else fails imo...

froggydarren

Trophies
XP
Country
bet the ps4 menu is fine but any game you load up has this problem? if youtube,netflix ect display fine and all games do this your console is faulty i had a older ps4 have a problem very much like this and had to exchange it.....

JediAviator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just Battle front 2 and Ratchet, think only the 4K ones. I will try out a different cord and port after its finished initializing (Sony's best guess at solving the problem)

The other free game I downloaded was fine

Last edited by JediAviator,
Reactions: froggydarren

froggydarren

Trophies
XP
Country
this problem happens on PC's with the GPU being either to hot or driver problems ect....seems odd it only happens on 4k games and not stock ps4 titles :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.