Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
codezer0 said:
431unknown said:
pitoui said:
So guys I have just been prompted to update to the newest dash. I have a drive modded console that has not been banned yet. Is this OK to play wave 6 games as per normal after updating or should I not update at all?

If I were you I wouldn't update just yet. I'd wait for the next LT to come out just to be safe.
Well in my case, I was going to simply flash back to stock before updating the dashboard, as that seemed to work for me last time. I rarely use Xbox live for much that a Silver membership doesn't already grant for me.

What's this about a new LT?
unsure.gif
It will bypass the AP25 check.

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i updated offline to 2.0.12611.0 dash today put in fable III and it worked everytime??? thought it wasn't supposed to
strange right....

It's an old Xenon i x-clamped it has a Benq 62430C spoofed as MS28 using ixtreme 1.6 Non Stealth even on the latest dash
am i lucky or what???

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bit the bullet and updated to 12611 (I missed LIVE too much). Haven't played Fable III, but apparently some older games may have AP25 (I heard FIFA 09 has it).

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if I simply don't have Fable 3 though?

Would it be prudent then to flash to stock so that I can update the dash and go back to LT? Since it appears LT+ only applies to the drives in the new 360 slims, it doesn't sound like it would really apply to any existing modded system.

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
codezer0 said:
What if I simply don't have Fable 3 though?

Would it be prudent then to flash to stock so that I can update the dash and go back to LT? Since it appears LT+ only applies to the drives in the new 360 slims, it doesn't sound like it would really apply to any existing modded system.

CODEhttp://download.microsoft.com/download/1/4/6/146DC573-E0D9-4357-9D85-5A7DEC443050/systemupdate.zip

Official update file. X_x will this help? It can be installed Via USB

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, flashed back to stock. Made sure drive worked before putting it back in the xbox. put it together and kept everything else unplugged (hard drive, memory unit, and flash drive for xbox).

Downloaded and installed that update from the link provided. All appeared to be well, until it requested that I have a flash drive with some free space to store the update. Plugged in my xbox-formatted flash drive. It did its thing.

Restarts... E71 error shows up on the screen.

What do now?

*EDIT 1* Okay, some googling at least suggests that some data didn't copy correctly. and showed a short fix. No more E71, thank god.

*EDIT 2* well, new dash is installed. Looks nice to me. Problem is, I try to connect, and it wants to update again. Back to flashing stock it is...

Brutalboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there,

I have a banned liteon on 1.6 stealth (using activate iso or patching to wave 3).

I have pre-ordered kinect kit (supposed to receive it nov 4). If i'm installing the final dashboard :

1- do i will be able to play retail kinect game(Like kinect adventure) (with activate iso to bypass the firmware checks)?
2- do i will be able to play my old backups patched as wave 3.

I think the second one will work but i'm really not sure with the first one.

Thank

Fudge

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Brutalboy said:
Hi there,

I have a banned liteon on 1.6 stealth (using activate iso or patching to wave 3).

I have pre-ordered kinect kit (supposed to receive it nov 4). If i'm installing the final dashboard :

1- do i will be able to play retail kinect game(Like kinect adventure) (with activate iso to bypass the firmware checks)?

Thank
1. The activate.iso will not bypass the firmware checks, due to the new AP25 anti-piracy, unless for some reason Kinect games don't include the protection
2. You should be able to.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Actually as far as I am aware retail games should not be touched by hacked firmware (it checks to see what is in there and then acts accordingly).

Fudge

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
Actually as far as I am aware retail games should not be touched by hacked firmware (it checks to see what is in there and then acts accordingly).
I play retail games on my flashed 360 and I never had any problems.

Fudge

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
purplesludge said:
If I don't have my dvd keys does that mean I won't be able to play future games?
Assuming they have the Kinect dashboard and AP25, then no, you will not be able to play future games. Legit copies of those games will be fine though.

Brutalboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fudgenuts64 said:
Brutalboy said:
Hi there,

Thank
1. The activate.iso will not bypass the firmware checks, due to the new AP25 anti-piracy, unless for some reason Kinect games don't include the protection
2. You should be able to.

Hi !

I dont understand, what the purpose of the activate iso then? And why people who have the RETAIL of fable 3 were able to play?

thank

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just picked up a RRoD Xenon for $20 had a Samsung ms28 drive, did the over heat fix added some fans to try to keep the mobo from flexing again then flashed it with LT and all seem to be well on 9199 dash.
since i can't play fable 3 on my Jasper i'll keep using this as long as i can or untill LT+ firmware is released, but can someone confirm it's safe to update to the new dash on a samsung?
they have 2 more 06 xenons i might get for $20 each just to see if they are jtaggable.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
activate.iso disables the inbuilt protections of the hacked firmwares. These checks were removed (give or take) from 1.6NS and LT.
In general when you put a disc in the drive on a non 1.6NS or LT drive it does as follows
-Is it retail? carry on as an official drive would.
-Is it activate.iso burned to this disc? ignore any failures of the next disc to conform to what it thinks stealth should be (this is why when the wave check gets a bit overzealous this can allow things to work)
-Is the game a copied disc? if so now check it against what it thinks stealth should be and run it if it passes.

This worked fine give or take annoyances like being banned but for whatever reason MS have just made a bunch more checks (dubbed AP25) and added them to the newest dashboards. That is to say these new checks are a function (probably an API) of the dashboard (which as you might know is always running in the background) but it seems a game has to know how to do them (that is to say the game has to know to activate these checks).
Obviously with discs being read only they do not have these checks if they were made a while back but newer ones which were compiled after these checks became available to developers (and in theory any games that have had title updates in the same time period although this has not been seen yet) can have them. Fable 3 being the prime (only?) example of this.
If the retail version works it means either MS did not want to shoot themselves in the foot on the PR/support front and anyone that has a retail copy could use it or that the checks only work when using a copied disc (this would mean they can not detect a hacked drive but they can detect a copied disc).

AP25 is nothing to do with stealth checks the drive might do on games- it is an entirely new form of protection that MS researched and cooked up to annoy those who use copied discs (it is also probably a sign that LT was working very well to prevent detection). This is why activate.iso does nothing for it and why we either need a new hacked firmware for the drives that can perform the checks (it seems to be limited to certain drive models*) to fool this new protection or for the protections to be removed from the new dashboards (this will be JTAG only if/when it happens). The word seems to be that these protections are well known and understood (not to mention already worked around) by those who make hacked firmwares and it is all just awaiting the end of testing of the new firmwares with the workarounds in.

*drives have functions and onboard processing capability too, these new checks probably make use of a function only available in certain drive models hence why only certain drives are troubled.

Brutalboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FAST6191 said:
activate.iso disables the inbuilt protections of the hacked firmwares. These checks were removed (give or take) from 1.6NS and LT.
In general when you put a disc in the drive on a non 1.6NS or LT drive it does as follows
-Is it retail? carry on as an official drive would.
-Is it activate.iso burned to this disc? ignore any failures of the next disc to conform to what it thinks stealth should be (this is why when the wave check gets a bit overzealous this can allow things to work)
-Is the game a copied disc? if so now check it against what it thinks stealth should be and run it if it passes.

This worked fine give or take annoyances like being banned but for whatever reason MS have just made a bunch more checks (dubbed AP25) and added them to the newest dashboards. That is to say these new checks are a function (probably an API) of the dashboard (which as you might know is always running in the background) but it seems a game has to know how to do them (that is to say the game has to know to activate these checks).
Obviously with discs being read only they do not have these checks if they were made a while back but newer ones which were compiled after these checks became available to developers (and in theory any games that have had title updates in the same time period although this has not been seen yet) can have them. Fable 3 being the prime (only?) example of this.
If the retail version works it means either MS did not want to shoot themselves in the foot on the PR/support front and anyone that has a retail copy could use it or that the checks only work when using a copied disc (this would mean they can not detect a hacked drive but they can detect a copied disc).

AP25 is nothing to do with stealth checks the drive might do on games- it is an entirely new form of protection that MS researched and cooked up to annoy those who use copied discs (it is also probably a sign that LT was working very well to prevent detection). This is why activate.iso does nothing for it and why we either need a new hacked firmware for the drives that can perform the checks (it seems to be limited to certain drive models*) to fool this new protection or for the protections to be removed from the new dashboards (this will be JTAG only if/when it happens). The word seems to be that these protections are well known and understood (not to mention already worked around) by those who make hacked firmwares and it is all just awaiting the end of testing of the new firmwares with the workarounds in.

*drives have functions and onboard processing capability too, these new checks probably make use of a function only available in certain drive models hence why only certain drives are troubled.

In summary, my retail game Kinect Adventure will work on my 1.6 Stealth with new dashboard, right?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the games I already have on disc (retail and not) shouldn't have any problem either.

Even so, given that I've got some stuff on live arcade recently, I see no reason to hurry up with the disc-based games again; at least until someone has a more definitive answer of whether everything's "in the clear" again.

Gus122000

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so what's going on with the new update? Could someone fill me in? Can I update without getting banned? I have a lite on

Fudge

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gus122000 said:
Ok so what's going on with the new update? Could someone fill me in? Can I update without getting banned? I have a lite on
You can update, but any games with the new AP25 protection will not work (only one so far is Fable III).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1