new problem - post format sd card not loading anything i've set up on it...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by jaderocc, Jan 8, 2017.

1. jaderocc
    OP

jaderocc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    okay, i posted in the questions thread also but thought i might get a quicker response this way. so i was tryna set up citra on a new imac today. i went to put some files onto my sd card and found that it showed up as locked in finder, checked in other computers and it still showed up locked on those too. so i made a backup of the microsd, formatted it, and replaced all of the files on the sd card. it took a while, i must have made some mistake somewhere with the copy, but i've finally gotten it booting, with all of the files on the sd card that it originally had. however, now, when i boot it it boots like a brand new 3ds coming straight out of the box. none of the cias i had installed are there, hb launcher/fbi/ntr and other things of that nature are gone as well. the only things that exist are things that come preloaded and a copy of zelda four swords. i have, or had, emunand and a backup, as well as a9lh, and luma3ds on 11.2. if anybody could help me get things back to how they were i would massively appreciate it. thank you !!

edit: i feel like it might help to mention, i have the 3ds setup for homebrew access via oothax as well, so if there's anything that may help located in the homebrew launcher, i should be able to access it. about to check and confirm that i have homebrew access now..

edit: oothax hb access confirmed. it seems like everything is here if i look around, ntr files still exist as do the chmm2, mgba, things are definitely here and being recognized.

Last edited by jaderocc, Jan 8, 2017
  2. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    What size is the SD card/did you make sure it is formatted FAT32?

3. jaderocc
    OP

jaderocc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    it's a 64gb, it's formatted to fat32. i've actually formatted it four or five times now. the 3ds itself is now booting fine, i'm just not sure why it wouldn't be loading things that had been set up already.

Last edited by jaderocc, Jan 8, 2017
  4. jaderocc
    OP

jaderocc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    bump, desperate for help with this lol