New Priiloader hack

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by SifJar, Feb 9, 2011.

Feb 9, 2011

New Priiloader hack by SifJar at 5:51 PM (2,536 Views / 0 Likes) 18 replies

1. SifJar
    OP

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Made a new priiloader hack a couple of days ago, not sure if it actually works or not (feedback would be appreciated), but it should block one disc based game from loading. It's in the priiloader hash_hacks.ini format:

Code:
    [Block Disc Loading]
    maxversion=518
    minversion=288
    amount=1
    hash=0x52414145, 0x00343038
    patch=0x524D4350
    Should work from 3.2 right up to 4.3. The game blocked in this version of the code is Mario Kart PAL (RMCP). To change the blocked game, change the last line to the HEX title ID of the game you wish to block. (You can use this site to convert the ASCII title ID to HEX: http://www.mikezilla.com/exp0012.html - remove the % from the HEX value and add 0x at the start).

Why would you want this? You may wish to prevent one game from being played, perhaps so people don't mess up your progress or whatever. It won't stop a knowledgeable user obviously (they could just disable the hack), but it should stop young children or whatever. Perhaps useful if the game you wish to block isn't a high age rating, so you can't use Parental Controls to prevent it being played.

Please post if it works or not, I can't test as I don't use Priiloader. I made this in response to a request at another forum, and figured I'd post it here in case anyone here would find it useful.

2. scooby74029

Member scooby74029 "fake coder"

United States
    @sifjar

that sounds cool i would test it but i am still using priiloader.04

3. jceggbert5

Member jceggbert5 Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.

United States
    I'm still using Preloader 0.29 [​IMG], otherwise I'd try it for you.

4. SifJar
    OP

United Kingdom
    You people should update [​IMG]

If you tell me what version of System Menu you use, I could probably make an old style hacks.ini version of the hack.

5. scooby74029

United States
    i tried the new .07 but didnt like it so i went back to .04

i am on 4.2u

if you will ill test it for you

6. SifJar
    OP

United Kingdom
    I'm trying to port it to 4.2U now, but NUSD doesn't seem to want to work right now...

7. jceggbert5

Member jceggbert5 Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.

United States
    I have 4.0, but I plan to update to Prii eventually... Maybe... Too lazy [​IMG]

8. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I'd test it, but not running priiloader of any form...startpatch user.

Out of curiosity, am I right in assuming that this is supposed to work by changing the title ID that the Wii Startup Disc check in the SM looks for?

9. SifJar
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yeah, that's right. Changes RAAE (Startup Disc title ID) to the title ID of the game you want to block.

10. techboy

United States
    Ah, OK. I still wonder what was important enough on that disc to have SMs block it...if it were just an update, the menu wouldn't need a special check for it.

Speaking of the startup disc...did anyone (excluding TT) ever find a copy of the disc or the SM that shipped on early wiis? Google seems to say no, but I've seen google be wrong (remember SM 1.0?)

11. SifJar
    OP

United Kingdom
    TT never had a copy of the startup disc AFAIK. And I have never heard of anyone who has had it.

And I agree it seems unnecessary to block the disc, seeing as the update wouldn't install anyway, considering it would definitely be lower than the current System Menu...

12. techboy

United States
    TT never did find the disc (at least they haven't said so, although I think they were looking), but they did manage to get a dump of the stub menu that installed it, along with several ancient IOS versions. AFAIK, those dumps can't be found anywhere, so I don't know much about them (kinda wish they were...I'd love to mess with them in SNEEK). The oldest IOS I've managed to find was IOS4 v3.

As for the check...there must've been something more to that disc...maybe some form of configuration program (e.g. for region settings, etc.) to go with the update? Something like that would make sense to block.

13. thesund0g

Member thesund0g GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    Why, did Daco ever get the random-bricking issue resolved?

14. SifJar
    OP

United Kingdom
    NUS is back up (speculation is there may be a DSi update incoming, or maybe a Wii update, to block the recent exploits [​IMG] ). Here is a freshly ported version of the hack for 4.2U. If you want it for another System Menu and don't want to update Priiloader, you can port it with this handy guide: http://sifjarsblog.wordpress.com/2009/08/0...ader-hacks-ini/ (Written by quite a genius [​IMG] )

Code:
    [Block Disc Loading]
    version=481
    offset=0x816949AB
    value=0x524D4350
    (If you really want it for another System Menu, give me a shout and I'll port it, it literally takes seconds once it has downloaded)

EDIT:
    Oh yeah, forgot about that...Although I think I did read he may have somehow fixed/worked around it.

15. scooby74029

United States
    allrighty after the kids get done playing the wii ill test it and then post the results here

a new wii update huh yikes!!!!!!

16. thesund0g

Member thesund0g GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    Yeah, the whole "brick your Wii by installing faulty anti-brick software" thing kinda killed it for me. [​IMG]
    Honestly, I like the new hashed hacks scheme but since I'm staying on 3.2 for the foreseeable future, I have no need for it.
    This is a neat trick for blocking individual titles. Could you modify it to whitelist a specific title instead?

17. person66

Member person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    the first hack you posted isn't working for me with priiloader 0.6 on 4.2u I'm trying to block mario kart NTSC, so i changed the last line to patch=0x524D4345, but it still loads the game fine.

18. SifJar
    OP

United Kingdom
    Correction: It would be a neat trick if it worked [​IMG]

And it may be possible to whitelist a title, but I would be incapable of anything so advanced.

19. lulwut

Member lulwut GBAtemp Fan

Japan
    and that is the joy of the new hacks system [​IMG]

EDIT : btw, here is some quick advise : priiloader has gecko output when it finds the hash & patches it