ROM Hack New powersaves 3ds thread

Nyancat

wow i have a custom title, how nice
Trophies
XP
Country
Now trying to figure out why I bought it. :yaysp::hateit:

I only bought it because I thought it still had the unreleased codes, such as Diancie, AZ's Floette and Latiosite/Latiasite but when I found out it didn't I went super crazy XD
Although I do think Datel had their reasons such as Nintendo suing them or launching lawsuits at them..:toot:

Ykr1113

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only bought it because I thought it still had the unreleased codes, such as Diancie, AZ's Floette and Latiosite/Latiasite but when I found out it didn't I went super crazy XD
Although I do think Datel had their reasons such as Nintendo suing them or launching lawsuits at them..:toot:

Yeah same here I just wanted max items, max bp for convenience for when battling online and honestly I've only used the thing once.But it would have been nice to have Diancie

alot of 3DS game have codes
Sorry was pretty Vague there, I was talking about the "powersaves" tab.

Reactions: DarkCarbink

Nyancat

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I emailed Datel pretending not to know about the Floette 'Eternal Flower' or the Latiosite/Latiasite so and see what they reply, I'll be sure to post the reply hopefully.:hrth::tpi:

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
He means like Powersaves, yanno that seperate section that always has a red exclamation mark and says 'No Online Content Available' which bugs me and yeah there are plenty or codes but no 'Powersaves'
oh, thats for some game like donkey kong 3D starter save or super maio 3d land starter save with 99 lives
i think that

Nyancat

Trophies
XP
Country
oh, thats for some game like donkey kong 3D starter save or super maio 3d land starter save with 99 lives
i think that

Yeah, I was hoping they would have like a 'Completed Story Save' for XY but it turns out they have no Powersaves so that idea is going out the window.

Ykr1113

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CART1 (EEPROM) games do have powersaves as there is no AES MAC involved on the saves, only on the ROM.

Im guessing games that store the save in the system itself are out of the question?

Yeah, I was hoping they would have like a 'Completed Story Save' for XY but it turns out they have no Powersaves so that idea is going out the window.
I think its possible they are just lazy.

Reactions: DarkCarbink

aftokinito

Trophies
XP
Country
Im guessing games that store the save in the system itself are out of the question?

CART1 games store the save on an EEPROOM chip that is independent of the chip storing the ROM.
CART2 games store the save inside the ROM on a NAND chip.

Since CART1 games do not store the save on the ROM, they are not signed with the AES MAC so they can pretty easily be decrypted and retored on another cart.

However, CART2 games require you to 1) extract the ROM, 2) extract the save, 3) decrypt the save either bruteforcing, xoring an empty save with your save or using the AES MAC of your console, 4) encrypt the save again, 5) inject the save back to the ROM and 6) restore the ROM to the cart.
Steps 1 and 5 are automatically done by powersaves on the device itself (the full ROM is never extracted to your PC, it just reads the offset of the save and extracts/injects that part only).

Reactions: Ykr1113

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since CART1 games do not store the save on the ROM, they are not signed with the AES MAC so they can pretty easily be decrypted and retored on another cart.
The AES_MAC is applied to any save, not just CART2, what's different is the encryption key, CART2 and maybe all 6.X.X.X+ games uses the unique cartrige key in the encryption, the AES_MAC signs the DISA/DIFI part, not the encrypted save.

Plunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
at least they are working on it.
also can someone check what the code on the back of there Zelda OOT 3ds is. i just wanted to see i its the same as mine

AQEE931001

Mines AQEEY21125

My version doesn't have codes for it, datel asked me to send in my cart but I never got around to it

K1RO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Datel is watching this thread, can we get a code or codes for those hard to get items from wild Pokemons? I'm looking for Pikachu's Light Ball to be exact.

I don't have Pikachu in my Friend Safari so it makes it even harder for me to get the Light Ball... :(

KenoDB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If Datel is watching this thread, can we get a code or codes for those hard to get items from wild Pokemons? I'm looking for Pikachu's Light Ball to be exact.

I don't have Pikachu in my Friend Safari so it makes it even harder for me to get the Light Ball... :(

Yes, codes for rare items from wild pokes would be great! and Nature codes, Ability and Move modifier would be great too

and also if you don't have a Pikachu safari, try using a poke with a static ability on your lead, it attracts electric type pokes so you could farm Pikachus on Santalune forrest/route 3. That's what i did to get one early in game. ^_^d

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States

takes like 15 minutes at most if you farm it right, lol. (i.e frisk + static)

gman666

Cubicle Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Datel doesn't need to be watching. Go to their site and request what your asking. There's a code request section. They listened to me and added the Rotom/Deoxys form changes, as well as a genderless code.

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Datel doesn't need to be watching. Go to their site and request what your asking. There's a code request section. They listened to me and added the Rotom/Deoxys form changes, as well as a genderless code.
wait, what? when did this happen? whats even the point? lol. I'd be willing to bet it's faster just to fly to the respective city and do the form change.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That is messed up.