Hacking new overhearing problem...

enicolas1985

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i have 2 Wiis in my family. My used to be virgin 3.2U stock Wii that i bought a few years ago, and my brothers 3.2U cIOS Wii that i bought him used for playing back ups we had. Well he went off to school and took his Wii so i decided to softmod my Wii to get the homebrew channel and play the backups we have. I read up a little about the new mods and stuff last night and decided to give it a shot. The thing i hated about my brothers Wii was that we werent able to play Rockband because of issues with the cIOS(to my understanding) and i read up on 4.0U with bannerbomb and hearing people being able to have the best of both worlds basically. And being able to use a much bigger SD card was a big plus. And this is how it went-

Day 1

1. Updated to 4.0U with the official updater
2. Downloaded bannerbomb and followed instruction
3. Installed HBC, DVDx, BootMii
4. Tried to Get Backup Loader 0.3 to work but couldnt
5. Tried other homebrew out and worked fine.
6. Had to go to bed for work the next day.

Day 2

7. Read up on why Backup Loader couldnt work and thought about downgrading to 3.2U and installing cIOS then reupdating
8. Read http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1993806
9. I was able to get it working!!
10. I was playing Excite Bots when all of a sudden the Wii shut off in the middle of a race.
11. Physically grabbed the Wii and noticed it was hot.
12. I let it cool down and was able to play again.
13. Decided to back up Wii using BootMii
14. Next few hours were spent figuring out why the Wii would shut off, more so during game play
15. Noticed the fan not working.
16. Searched online and couldnt find anything about repairs or trouble shooting the fan

So now i come to you guys, what made my fan stop working? Caused by the update? or softmods? lmk pls!! thanks!!
I read somewhere to just buy a stand with a fan. But i like where my Wii is set up in my entertainment system and its lying flat.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hardware error, if you feel like it. You can open your wii and just exchange the fan, its a damn small fan but its a standard and should be able to find in the most computer stores.

The best would actually to try to make your wii a "Virgin" again and exchange it, depending on the age of it.

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
enicolas1985 said:
So now i come to you guys, what made my fan stop working? Caused by the update? or softmods? lmk pls!! thanks!!
I read somewhere to just buy a stand with a fan. But i like where my Wii is set up in my entertainment system and its lying flat.

lol, that sucks.

Well if you have heard of some thing like gamestop or GOOGLE!
Then you would know about this.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=W...mp;oq=&aqi=

or this

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDet...roduct_id=64501

SublimeAndEtc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
enicolas1985 said:

I'm glad my post helped!
biggrin.gif

This is purely a hardware issue. Assuming your Nintendo warranty is no longer in effect, you could always get a small fan that attaches to a usb port in the back. I'd recommend opening it up and replacing the fan. It's not too tricky, and pretty important if you don't want your system melting.

enicolas1985

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn i was hoping it was a software issue. i guess im off to buy a triwing scew driver!! i use the ports for rock band so i need as many as i can keep free.
frown.gif

Dinoguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had your problem and it only took 14.99 to solve it.ALL I did was buy a nyko brand wii fan it takes no usb space since it attaches to the wii's power cable,turns on with the wii and is small ,but powerful, it makes my wii feel as if its off when its on!
Nyko is freakin sweat!

SpAM_CAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Heres the cheapest option... Get your head and put it facing towards the fangrill on your Wii. Blow. There you have it! A cool Wii, with the only cost being total Asphyxiation!

EDIT: I kid! I kid!

SublimeAndEtc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dinoguy said:
I had your problem and it only took 14.99 to solve it.ALL I did was buy a nyko brand wii fan it takes no usb space since it attaches to the wii's power cable,turns on with the wii and is small ,but powerful, it makes my wii feel as if its off when its on!
Nyko is freakin sweat!

I personally think Nyko is terrible. Most of their crap just randomly breaks. I think their stuff can break while still in the packaging. There must be a 3 month timer where they allow their products to function...

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SublimeAndEtc said:
Dinoguy said:
Nyko is freakin sweat!

I personally think Nyko is terrible. Most of their crap just randomly breaks. I think their stuff can break while still in the packaging. There must be a 3 month timer where they allow their products to function...

Really? I absolutely LOVE Nyko. For years, they've been the only 3rd party accessory manufacturer that I trust. I find most 3rd party accessories to be absolute junk, but Nyko's never, ever done me wrong.

I just wish the Kama wasn't so ugly now, since Nintendo forced them to stop producing the old model (looked too much like the official nunchuk... infringement).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...