Hacking New NSP format?

Reploid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I've heard there is a new format of NSP files in eshop. That's why lost in random is still not dumped yet, and why no more heroes 3 is only available because it had cart release.

No word about it on GBAtemp... is it true? Is there a hint of somebody is working on it?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard there is a new format of NSP files in eshop. That's why lost in random is still not dumped yet, and why no more heroes 3 is only available because it had cart release.

No word about it on GBAtemp... is it true? Is there a hint of somebody is working on it?
It's being looked into no time frame for a fix

adac69

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
ive just learned about the new format as well but was able to find releases for both games after a little more digging than usual

Reploid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
ive just learned about the new format as well but was able to find releases for both games after a little more digging than usual
I guess it was just a minor setback. Tinfoil got an update with new nsp support, other installers should get one too

Tomtani1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw the following quote on the internet. "Last Stop, Lost in Random and No More Heroes 3 (eShop) has been fixed! If you update your Tinfoil over WiFi or get the latest release (R12) from their website (HERE), you will be able to install those games when they get uploaded"

Last edited by linuxares,
  • Haha
Reactions: HalfScoper

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I saw the following quote on the internet. "Last Stop, Lost in Random and No More Heroes 3 (eShop) has been fixed! If you update your Tinfoil over WiFi or get the latest release (R12) from their website (HERE), you will be able to install those games when they get uploaded"
Please don't link to piracy sites.
So I just removed links from your post. I understand you might just copypasted.

EDIT: @blawar nice work!

Last edited by linuxares,

proconsule54

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes there is new NSP (in reality just new NCA) format out there.
I can confirm that some titles (Last Stop is what i have analyzed) have the program NCA that fail in hactool and probably in any other pc tools.

The offset supplied by Fs Entries were all far over the size of file.

i suspect (must be confirmed) that an unused field in Fs Headers at offset 0x148 called SparseInfo inform of some math (probably) to found out the right offsets of partitions

This field before was always a 0x30 array of 0 but in those are set.

Probably (also this must be confirmed) use a similar approch as the RomFS patching using virtual and phisical address in some way.

Title installers relying on HOS calls works without too heavy modification (as far as i know tinfoil and DBI installer support this nsp) but pc software gives errors
(hactool fail, my NSP Indexer also)

seany1990

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've seen reports that awoo cant install this new format but I was able to install a reported "new format" game just fine. Anybody have any ideas?

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have tested goldleaf 0.10 but it shows invalid file path error installing nsp's.
Use DBI, I’m ready to install Lost in Random and will report. Being user of Tinfoil since a very long time, but honestly, I do prefer DBI . Tinfoil for me is just useful for checking new updates or DLC , shops, well, not so populated as it used to be . 🙄

Edit : didn't check required firmware, I'm a bit too low . So will do install after updating.

Edit 2 : The hell, used AIO updater, and it messed my config, so need to fix things .

Edit 3 : latest DBI 336 release : https://github.com/rashevskyv/dbi/releases
works perfect with "new nsp format".

2021111913431100_s.jpg
2021111913515600_s.jpg

Edit 4 : Even if I do respect @Homlet work on his AIO Updater , I still prefer “manually” updating my switch.

Last edited by Maupiti,

iLL wiLL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

lost in random has been dumped and it does work!! you gotta use tinfoil v13 tho install it.I'm running it on 12xx atmosphere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.