Hacking New Noob Friendly Topic for 4.3

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't be much easier to obtain IOS58 via DOP-Mii?
unsure.gif

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xeridae said:
At least until 4.3 gets figured out which may take some time since it's not required (yet)?

4.3 will NEVER be required, because:
no system menu is EVER required, because:
games of any and all types simply do not detect the menu version,
and can almost always run off an older version of a particular IOS

nintendo updates are useful AT MOST one necessary IOS at a time, for game or channel xyz.

the system software should win the "least changed/supported/enhanced" of this generation, as aside from making the slot light blink, and adding a few drivers in sparse availability, not much has changed since launch day. there was never any reason to update, and in fact, you can set your system back to Menu 1.0 and install about 14-15 IOS and run every game up to date.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
noobwarrior7 said:
Xeridae said:
At least until 4.3 gets figured out which may take some time since it's not required (yet)?

4.3 will NEVER be required, because:
no system menu is EVER required, because:
games of any and all types simply do not detect the menu version,
and can almost always run off an older version of a particular IOS

nintendo updates are useful AT MOST one necessary IOS at a time, for game or channel xyz.

the system software should win the "least changed/supported/enhanced" of this generation, as aside from making the slot light blink, and adding a few drivers in sparse availability, not much has changed since launch day. there was never any reason to update, and in fact, you can set your system back to Menu 1.0 and install about 14-15 IOS and run every game up to date.

Well, there are a few differences from 1.0. AFAIK, you couldn't copy saves to SD back then, and also there was no SD Menu. Asides from those, I think the features of the System Menu have been unchanged.

chinmi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
kk, how about region changed system ?
for example a KOREAN system that have changed the system to lets say 4.1u, and got updated to 4.3u
what can we do to re hack this system with no nand backup and no hackmii in boot2 or ios ?
can we do a ssmb smash hack or indiana pwns on this kind of system, since they now were recognized as ntsc-u machine ?

thanks in advance.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
elmariachi said:
Not updating to 4.3 will not affect any of my legal enjoyment of games? I don't believe you.
- Staying on 4.2 will not affect any of your games. I promise.

Untill they start releasing games with SM 4.3 updates on em ...

Which will probably happen with new upcomming games for the holiday season.

So you need at least let your Wii believe you have 4.3 SM or block updates and have the all the needed IOS's installed.
Or of course just run via a USB loader which will negate any concerns about it wanting to update and then DOP-Mii or likewise any IOS required to make the game run. This obviously applies to any system menu not just 4.2

Xeridae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does this mean softmodding a virgin 4.3 will be impossible now? I know I can load HBC with SSBB or indiana pwns buts its only temporary right?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Xeridae said:
So does this mean softmodding a virgin 4.3 will be impossible now? I know I can load HBC with SSBB or indiana pwns buts its only temporary right?

Yes, TT is working to update a Hackmii installer.

Xeridae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linuxares said:
Xeridae said:

Yes, TT is working to update a Hackmii installer.

Thanks I appreciate the info.

optimus357

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fall into the category of someone who for some reason wants update 4.3 but I am still worried about the danger of bricking my Wii. I downloaded Homebrew months ago for the sole purpose of trying the Balanced Brawl mod and aside from the initial disappointment with the mod, my aquisition of Homebrew has brought me only grief. I am ready for it to finally be over, but I need to know if 4.3 will end Homebrew or my Wii entirely.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chinmi said:
kk, how about region changed system ?
for example a KOREAN system that have changed the system to lets say 4.1u, and got updated to 4.3u
what can we do to re hack this system with no nand backup and no hackmii in boot2 or ios ?
can we do a ssmb smash hack or indiana pwns on this kind of system, since they now were recognized as ntsc-u machine ?

thanks in advance.
These wiis will brick with the 003 error. They should install cios70-v6174 and cios80-v6174 before they brick by mistake.

annluan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
dude. NOW im feelin old.

I'm still at 4.1
Am I missing something? :)

---
EDIT:
damn. I've just noticed the topic's age.
sorry about the gravedigging :/

Brenza

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Excuse me i red the first post, when you say
QUOTE said:
If you have a NAND backup but BootMii was lost (I read you can get it back, but too noob to understand).
do you mean that i can recover bootmii even if i installed it as ios???

I've a new wii with patched boot1 and i can't install bootmii as boot2, so I'm curious to know what would happen if "my little bro" accidentally update the wii to 4.3! =D

shoto1699

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks alot. this is just waht i needed. been looking for wiis all day. and now im going to gamestop to get one and hopefully not getting a 4.3 firmware console

Microwilly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so i gave my Wii internet access, following the guide step by step, upgraded to 4.2, when i run the IOS236 Installerv3 and wait for the prompt to press 1, i always get an error, it's been 20 times in a row. it says

Exception (DSI) occured!
Buncha numbers

Stack Dump:
more numbers

Code Dump:
More Numbers

Plz help

777k7b8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey fellas I just at long last got around to joining up to this community :). Pumped up about joining with this specific little online community here. I was initially searching for ages for something that would fit the bill plus it had taken me quite some time nevertheless right now I count on communicating with those who are like-minded.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://youtu.be/9FcXxqthgUM?feature=shared&t=169