Hardware New Nintendo 3DS Super Mario 3D Land Edition Dual IPS Odds

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If I buy a New Nintendo 3DS Super Mario 3D Land Edition that has YW7011 as serial's first 6 letters, am I guaranteed to have a Dual IPS and 10.7? Also, what are the odds of it coming sort of "broken"? I heard about some people who got theirs (Dual IPS) with little black thingies around the edges.

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
the thing is, if i was you, i rather buy a random new 3ds xl at a market that let's you check the 3ds box. if there is a 1 layer box its TN. 2 layer box is IPS
I'm going to buy a Mario 3D Land N3DS because of the color and the face plates availability. But recently, I heard about the IPS screens related to the serials and about the FW version, which is useful for me cuz I'm going to mod my 3DS. Also, I'm in a little of a tight budget here, my O3DS broke while I attempted to do a hardmod.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about availability where you live, OP, but if I were you I'd stop worrying about IPS or TN screens and just go buy one while you still can (if you can). AFAIK the SM3DL bundle was the last 3DS distributed with 10.7 or lower. I bought one on the first day it was on sale, installed A9LH and Luma the same day. After 2 months using it daily, I love it so much that a few days ago I decided to buy another one. All the stores near me were out of stock. I had to drive over an hour to get to a Target store that still had one. And that's what they had, just one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?