New Monster Hunter title named Monster Hunter Cross is heading to the 3DS this year

ss+(2015-05-31+at+02.01.55).jpg

The game was announced in the direct just a few minutes ago.
It seems like a fast paced action game, which is quite different from the regular MH series.

:arrow:Official website

Reactions: raulpica

MidLevelCrisis

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lol, completely missed this announcement. Made me very happy though as MH4U is probably my most played game, and im yearning for some new content.
I assume the 2015 date is for japan, can we expect to be waiting another year in the west untill they've made MH5 Ultimate somewhere mid 2016?

Korma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, completely missed this announcement. Made me very happy though as MH4U is probably my most played game, and im yearning for some new content.
I assume the 2015 date is for japan, can we expect to be waiting another year in the west untill they've made MH5 Ultimate somewhere mid 2016?
It comes out next month in japan and it took them four months to localize 4 ultimate, so it might come out winter 2016 for the west.

Korma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But they usually make the West wait a little bit more, to give JP players enough time to acclimate to the new game, and to get DLCs rolling.
I'm Just assuming they're using the same schedule as last time. I don't know what you mean by giving JP players time to acclimate.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I'm Just assuming they're using the same schedule as last time. I don't know what you mean by giving JP players time to acclimate.
"Time to acclimate" = Time to get used to the new game. We all know that Capcom never really throws MH games to the west until JP players have had their fill first. It's basically a mix of nationalism and consumer preferences, like how some businesses prefers catering a certain part of the market, prioritizing these before dealing with the rest.

Korma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Time to acclimate" = Time to get used to the new game. We all know that Capcom never really throws MH games to the west until JP players have had their fill first. It's basically a mix of nationalism and consumer preferences, like how some businesses prefers catering a certain part of the market, prioritizing these before dealing with the rest.
While capcom's market is definitely in japan, I don't think the game is delayed for nationalistic reasons. It takes time for a game to be translated, in fact localisation for mh4u probably began before the japansese release judging by how fast they put it out everywhere else. It's in their best interest to release the game sooner anyways.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
While capcom's market is definitely in japan, I don't think the game is delayed for nationalistic reasons. It takes time for a game to be translated, in fact localisation for mh4u probably began before the japansese release judging by how fast they put it out everywhere else. It's in their best interest to release the game sooner anyways.
That's just my take or spin on things, in any case.

MidLevelCrisis

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

True, Japan is their biggest market and the series popularity there pales compared to the western market.. but I feel like MH TRI was kind of an experiement for them and did ok, MH4U was a more serious effort and was recieved very well here. I think they do recognize the interest from the west is becoming bigger for this series. Also I think localization for these games takes deceptively long to do right. So many puns and language and cultural specific references.

The thing is, Japan always got 2 versions right? the first only going up to HR quests and the second adding all Grank stuff and endgame DLC, and when that version was done they'd make the western release that included all. Or did they ditch that dev cycle and are releasing the complete versions now, with only some DLC quests later on?

Oh well, might be able to try out cross using regionfree and sky hopefully. The new game seems a mix of all previous ones, but since I only started with MH3 most stuff should be new for me.

I'm pretty close on 100%ting MH4U now... aside from S ranking arena challenges, fck those for soloing....

Last edited by MidLevelCrisis,
Reactions: Februarysn0w

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1