New Modchip entering the scene - FlatMod

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by AetherMaster, Mar 8, 2009.

Mar 8, 2009
  1. AetherMaster
    OP

Member AetherMaster Aether

United States
    I was randomly searching, and it appears that the FlatMii team has released a new version of their FlatMii chip. This one doesn't allow you to stream ISOs from your PC, but rather read burned DVD backups. It installs the same way as the Flatmii, making it solder-free and able to be used with every kind of Wii drive!

soruce: http://flatmod.com/

Personally, I still favor the Flatmii, but their website claims that you can have a flatmii, flatmod, and dvd drive all crammed into one wii [​IMG]

EDIT: Video demonstration below:

2. Screemer

Member Screemer GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    looks very similar to the already available drivekey.

3. AetherMaster
    OP

United States
    True, but this one allows you to have the FlatMii installed as well as the modchip. This gives it double the power.

4. dlxowhd

Member dlxowhd GBAtemp Fan

United States
    sooner than later, someone will come up with something that can stream iso from pc and also play backup dvd.

5. UranusKiller

Member UranusKiller TranceMaster

United Kingdom
    Possibly, I doubt it though, not when the wiis wifi is "bad" can get between 350-750kbp/s on a pretty stable wireless connection.

6. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    This mod isn't new, it's limited to 3x reading speed and you can see clearly that the team ONLY wants to make money and not to create good products. The same team releases 2 mods which can be used at the same time, but they can't put both features in 1 mod, which will cost 10 bucks more than flatmii?

7. AetherMaster
    OP

United States
    I suggested this to FlatMii in an email, and here's the 3-word reply that they gave me:
    "ALMOST FINISHED (confidential)"

So this means soon, there will be a third FlatMii-type chip combining the FlatMii's ISO streaming and the FlatMod's DVD loading into one chip! I might have to buy that one [​IMG]