Hacking New MicroSD cards!

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This Ultra II will not show you a difference in the flash cards....it will only show a difference in a camera for example. If you are in the Toronto area, you can get it from Canada COmputers really cheap...if not, Tigerdirect.ca usually has cheap prices.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
#1: Not new, old news, there's even a Ultra II 2 gig micro sd available only from verizon.

#2: This will work fine with supercard and m3. G6 has it's own internal memory.

#3: Search around, 1 gig card should go for about $40-$50 on average.

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i can tell you now that it doesn't work with the G6.
rofl2.gif

edit* tama beat me to it.

omegatr0n

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have read kingmax is kinda crap...honestly...I have to recommend the adata 1gb micro sd from newegg...its 60x and its only like 34 bucks shipped...Im thinking about bying a second for music, apps, and gba...
and using my other card for games

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
#1:Â Not new, old news, there's even a Ultra II 2 gig micro sd available only from verizon.

#2: This will work fine with supercard and m3. G6 has it's own internal memory.

#3:Â Search around, 1 gig card should go for about $40-$50 on average.

There is no SanDisk Ultra II 2GB microSD even announced as of yet. They only have a regular 2GB version out as of now through verizon but the exclusivity deal is over and you can now buy them anywhere.

KingMAX makes some of the best memory cards on the market. If you can find that 1GB version, I'd be willing to bet itds the fastest released to date. I think the user is thinking of the Kingston brand. Also transcend, sandisk and atp make great memory and are all name brands.

Enjoy and good luck,

Feel free to ask as many questions as you need to in order to buy something you are comfortable with.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

babelfish

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fifthelement, you're wrong. I have 2 in my hands bought from verizon. So they do exist, only through verizon. FYI.

Actually he's right. I went to quite a few Verizon stores trying to track down an elusive 2 GB Ultra II, and all except a single store had never heard of it. The one store that had informed me that it was actually a misprint, and that a batch of vanilla 2GB cards were released labeled as Ultra II's. This makes sense seeing as there is no 2GB Ultra II to be found on Sandisk's site, even though the vanilla 2GB was listed there months before it was even announced that Verizon would carry it.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but at least you didn't pay more for it
yaynds.gif

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fifthelement, you're wrong.  I have 2 in my hands bought from verizon.  So they do exist, only through verizon.  FYI.
Pleaes post some pics or find me anything on a SanDisk Ultra II 2GB microSD. As far as everyone everywhere knows this is far off from now and if it was out it would cost about $130+! There is only the SanDisk 2GB regular.

And it wouldn't surprise me that Verizon was telling users that they have Ultra II 2GB microSD cards. You can tell an Ultra II right away as Ultra II is all over the microSD itself.

The Ultra II cards also have a faster access time.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll bring a digital camera and take a pic of the ultra II 2 gig micro sd card AND the verizon packaging it came in. Honestly visit a verizon store, I'm not the only one that has them. They've been distributing these over the past 2 months.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fifthelement, you're wrong. I have 2 in my hands bought from verizon. So they do exist, only through verizon. FYI.

Actually he's right. I went to quite a few Verizon stores trying to track down an elusive 2 GB Ultra II, and all except a single store had never heard of it. The one store that had informed me that it was actually a misprint, and that a batch of vanilla 2GB cards were released labeled as Ultra II's. This makes sense seeing as there is no 2GB Ultra II to be found on Sandisk's site, even though the vanilla 2GB was listed there months before it was even announced that Verizon would carry it.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but at least you didn't pay more for it
yaynds.gif

This is news to me, as the 2 verizon stores I visited had plenty in stock. No indication it's a misprint of any kind.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s a misprint as SanDisk just recently announced that they are now selling the 2GB microSD regular in Japan. You can easily find out what type of card you have by running it though HD Tach or sissoftsandra. I know for a fact that SanDisk hasn't released anything in the way of a 2GB ultra yet as they just put out the regular model.

And from the price you paid you have the regular model. I will contact my contact at SanDisk to be 100% positive though for you. Maybe they can send you back something for steering you wrong. I'll see if I can get them to send you something free if you can get me a picture and the store you bought them from addy.

FifthE1ement
hate2.gif

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, that is some horrible news.....Do you work or know people who work for sandisk for this? I can approach customer service myself I guess but I find it hard to believe verizon ripped me off of all places. Wacky indeed. Maybe I'll run it through HD Tach to see what it says first. Thanks for the heads up.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From that sale on eBay that is a big mistake for SanDisk!
wtf.gif
Wow, I have never seen them screw up this bad before! You can tell they messed up as all the Ultra II's have it written all over the packaging and that card has nothing but the regular SanDisk on the box while the card is labeled Ultra II.

I have a contact with a rep from SanDisk from when I did my SuperCard Lite review a while back I had received some stats from him. He said to contact him if I ever had any problems and since this is such a huge mistake I know they will want to correct the issue. You will probably be very lucky as they will probably get you something for free or give you credit of some type for the mistake.

FifthE1ement
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...