Koffdrop

OP
Trophies
Website
www.koffdrop.com
XP
Country
Hello,

I have just bought myself a black DS Lite and am looking for a comprehensive flash solution for it. I have read a number of reviews and threads here at GBAtemp but am getting conflicting information and unclear ideas as what solution to go for.

Compatibility is my primary focus. I would also be looking to cover all rom sizes that the DS natively supports.

Right now I have no other hardware that can be adopted for DS Lite flashing use so I'm looking for recommendations on the whole deal - storage and passme/key/whatever to dupe the DS into running games.

Any advice and/or recommendations would be great!

Many thanks

Over The Road

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I will be purchasing a superkey and ez flash 4 lite from cheapmod when I buy my DS lite next week.

At present I'm a little wary of flashing so a nopass solution (like the passcard3, superkey or MML) will be the best, I feel, and of these the passcard3 and superkey are superior to the MML as they incorporate sleep mode.

The ez4 lite sits basically flush with the ds lite and utilises transflash/micro-sd cards. With a little filling the cards can be made to sit flush. I believe the only DS game the card has problems with is pokemon dash, they have fixed the ezflash issues with advance wars quite recently.

forkyfork

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can't speak for the newer stuff, but I have a M3 + Passcard set-up and I really enjoy it!!

I definitely recommend for a passme you either get a superkey or passcard (based on whether you buy a supercard of m3 respectively). This way, you don't HAVE to flash the system right away, but you can at a later date if you choose.

Oh - and you may already know this - but stay FAR away from anything with "neoflash" in the title .. also referred to as "Magic Key" or "MK3" (I used to confuse that with the "M3"). That's pretty much trash :-p

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if compatiblity is your primary focus go get a m3 sd/mini-sd (or wait for the micro-sd) and a passcard 3.
if you can live with limited storage (512mb) get a g6 lite.
thats it.
btw there are at least 43188 topics like this

mars

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I will be purchasing a superkey and ez flash 4 lite from cheapmod when I buy my DS lite next week.

At present I'm a little wary of flashing so a nopass solution (like the passcard3, superkey or MML) will be the best, I feel, and of these the passcard3 and superkey are superior to the MML as they incorporate sleep mode.

The ez4 lite sits basically flush with the ds lite and utilises transflash/micro-sd cards. With a little filling the cards can be made to sit flush. I believe the only DS game the card has problems with is pokemon dash, they have fixed the ezflash issues with advance wars quite recently.

you read the posts about people complaining they cant get their sd cards out of the ez4 without unscrewing it? and that most likely the screw wont hold the case together once you have done too many times?

i recommend waiting for a m3 micro sd if your primary is that it doesnt stick out of your ds lite, or get a g6 lite now.

mars

XxMxVxPxX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well once i get my mml im gunna ask the a mod or admin if we can make a renting thread. like 15$ via paypal plus shipping then the next person gets it. then he sells it for the same. i think it could work. and if anybody decides to just keep it..... theyll save like 3 bucks on a real one

Koffdrop

OP
Trophies
Website
www.koffdrop.com
XP
Country
Thanks for the feedback guys - it's appreciated.

Mars77, I understand where you're coming from with regards to topics of this nature - I simply couldn't get a reliably comprehensive answer to the sort of questions I was asking from the search function.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy