ROM Hack New Leaf Custom Villager Editor?

bokkobo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I made an account just to ask about this lol. Does anyone remember the City Folk villager editor? i was wondering if it would be possible to edit it to work for New Leaf, use it as a source code or something or to make another one. I would think its possible, it uses the same type of file and everything, though I'm unsure about the palettes. I'd mess with it myself but I have 0 knowledge about programming.

Last edited by bokkobo,

A_Random_Guy

Officially That Dev
Trophies
Website
n3dshack.weebly.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi, I made an account just to ask about this lol. Does anyone remember the City Folk villager editor? i was wondering if it would be possible to edit it to work for New Leaf, use it as a source code or something or to make another one. I would think its possible, it uses the same type of file and everything, though I'm unsure about the palettes. I'd mess with it myself but I have 0 knowledge about programming.

Are you sure it uses the same type of file?

A_Random_Guy

Officially That Dev
Trophies
Website
n3dshack.weebly.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
Yeah, .dat. Though its called garden for new leaf and not rvforest.

Though if you try to use it with new leaf it gets an error message about the file size is too small or something.

Of course it doesn't work, they might have the same file EXTENSION but they might have a different file STRUCTURE.

bokkobo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course it doesn't work, they might have the same file EXTENSION but they might have a different file STRUCTURE.
Well yeah I could guess a program made for a different game and system would not work.. you asked for the file type and I gave it to you. The villager data is still located in garden.dat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1