Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The new Kingdom Heart for DS.
Call "Kingdom Hearts Re:coded"

QUOTE said:
When the Electronic Entertainment Expo kicks off in Los Angeles next week, Square Enix will be showing off two new portable installments in a pair of its familiar franchises. The publisher today revealed its lineup of games for the show, in the process announcing Kingdom Hearts Re:coded for the DS and a domestic release for the Parasite Eve PSP spin-off The 3rd Birthday.
An action role-playing game set after the events of Kingdom Hearts II, Re:coded revolves around a second Sora found inside the journal Jiminy Cricket kept of their previous adventures. The game is being developed with the help of h.a.n.d. Inc., the studio behind last year's well-regarded DS entry in the series, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. The game does not have a release window as of yet.

The 3rd Birthday was originally announced at the 2007 Tokyo Game Show, but Square Enix has previously given little indication that the action RPG would be released overseas. The game stars Parasite Eve protagonist Aya Brea, who plays a key role in staving off an invasion of monsters that strikes Manhattan.

Both games have ties to Square Enix's mobile phone efforts. The 3rd Birthday was originally planned to launch on phones, as well as on the PSP, but was later made an exclusive for Sony's handheld. And while the publisher hasn't offered much in the way of details on Re:coded, it at least shares the primary plot of the 2008 mobile phone game Kingdom Hearts: Coded. Square Enix used the same renaming convention once before, with Kingdom Hears Re: Chain of Memories for the PlayStation 2, a complete 3D redesign of the Chain of Memories Game Boy Advance title.
Sources:
http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6265046/squar...ts-parasite-eve

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not surprised, but I am pleased to know that we'll be getting this game
smile.gif

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Meh. I tried several times to get into that game, but it's ultimately just not very good. Small scale graphics and lower standards. The battle system with expendables is not fun at all. And I'm certainly not in it for the emo characters and ridiculous story.

Meanwhile the difference in quality with the PSP game is a stark contrast and I could hardly tear myself from it after awhile. The production values are top notch and actually show off the system, and the system lends itself to enjoying the game. Best of all its in Japanese and I can't understand a word of it. Clearly this is the game deserving a successor.

Also, Sora's a punk.

quezcotl

Trophies
XP
Country
waffle1995 said:
quezcotl said:
...you think 5 days old news are new to anyone?
no need to complain.
i just found out and decide to post for ppl who didnt know.

Yes, but here is a tip; article which are 5 days or older, search in the forums for them first.
I hate when people get angry for uploading an article 5 min after someone else etc, but 5 days? check the dates.

waffle1995

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
quezcotl said:
waffle1995 said:
quezcotl said:
...you think 5 days old news are new to anyone?
no need to complain.
i just found out and decide to post for ppl who didnt know.

Yes, but here is a tip; article which are 5 days or older, search in the forums for them first.
I hate when people get angry for uploading an article 5 min after someone else etc, but 5 days? check the dates.
sorry bout that.
actually i did try to search for 1 but couldn't find any
my bad
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup