Homebrew New here! Need some help getting started w/ Homebrew

TheMagicMan

A Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it being another partition... does this mean that it's impossible to delete enough things off to fit these files?, Or simply that it won't show up on the total space?

Because I don't think I have much in the way of alternative hardware options.

The partition is completely seperate meaning that if you have a 3 gb drive and the nand took up 1 gb you would only see 2 gb of free space (2gb sd with a 1gb nand = 1gb of free space).

However, I kinda got lost. What are you having trouble with?

rcolosi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to transfer the two 2.1.0 files to the SD card so I can continue the decrypt9 process, but the SD card is claiming to be full. It shows 738mb free and the file I'm trying to transfer is something like 777. So I was trying to then transfer all the data on the SD card to my computer, and then to a 4gig card, but the 4gig card doesn't read in anything for some reason so I assume it's dead.

In other words, is there anything redundant in the 3ds folder that contains the homebrew files that I can delete to make just that little bit of room up? Would I be able to0 get rid of oothax files and all the other programs I know I wont be using?

TheMagicMan

A Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to transfer the two 2.1.0 files to the SD card so I can continue the decrypt9 process, but the SD card is claiming to be full. It shows 738mb free and the file I'm trying to transfer is something like 777. So I was trying to then transfer all the data on the SD card to my computer, and then to a 4gig card, but the 4gig card doesn't read in anything for some reason so I assume it's dead.

In other words, is there anything redundant in the 3ds folder that contains the homebrew files that I can delete to make just that little bit of room up? Would I be able to0 get rid of oothax files and all the other programs I know I wont be using?

List whats in the folder.

Knowing what some of the programs that are in the starter folder here are some you dont need:

CHMM2
FTP Turbo

rcolosi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I just did the math and theres no way I could free up enough space out of the 3ds folder. I need something like almost 40mb and the highest yield folder in there is 1.4. The only thing I could remove that would free up the space is the NANDmin, and I presume the decrypt needs that there in order to process these other files or somesuch.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The only thing I could remove that would free up the space is the NANDmin, and I presume the decrypt needs that there in order to process these other files or somesuch.
Fuck me, I assumed you'd already removed the NANDmin from the SD. Copy it to your PC for safe keeping, and delete it from your SD card.

Copy the 2.1.0 file to the SD card, perform the ctr transfer, delete 2.1.0 file, copy back NANDmin and continue.

The NANDmin doesn't need to be used again until the very end.

Last edited by Zidapi,

TheMagicMan

A Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I just did the math and theres no way I could free up enough space out of the 3ds folder. I need something like almost 40mb and the highest yield folder in there is 1.4. The only thing I could remove that would free up the space is the NANDmin, and I presume the decrypt needs that there in order to process these other files or somesuch.

:/ Looks like you need another sd card. If your computer can't read the 4gb sd card, open windows "create and format hard disk" and see if you can see the sd card. If not, try using a program to format the sd card. The one last solution would be to uninstall the driver in device manager.

rcolosi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuck me. Copy the NANDmin to your PC for safe keeping. Back it up and delete it from your SD card.

Copy the 2.1.0 file to the SD card, perform the ctr transfer, delete 2.1.0 file, copy back NANDmin and continue.

The NANDmin doesn't need to be used again until the very end.

Ooooooh thats what I wanted to hear thanks lets see...

rcolosi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well so far I had to ignore the NAND backup, but it's going forth. I have to leave you, even though I was the one who drew you guys here, to eat many dinners in a row. I didn't even remember it was thanksgiving until just a few moments ago.

Also, I really appreciate all the help so far, especially on thanksgiving. I sure am thankful for internet gurus.

rcolosi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem, let us know if you run into anymore issues.

(Sorry if I came off as a jerk in my previous post, I've since edited it)

I never got that notion, so don't sweat it. I come to the table asking for answers for free, the least I can do is suffer an idiosyncrasy or two! :P

Almost have luma through with, but everything is perfect so far.

rcolosi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. It's asking me to run the homebrew launcher from the home menu. How? The url I used to do it with browserhax apparently doesnt work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay. It's asking me to run the homebrew launcher from the home menu. How? The url I used to do it with browserhax apparently doesnt work.
Specifically, it says when the page loads, "The browser version is not supported" in super tiny.

Edit: And also it won't start by holding down either. Nor does holding L on boot help.

Last edited by rcolosi,

rcolosi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just super dense and didn't realize there was an actual app slot for it now that I was this far. Derp.

Everything went smoothly after having a couple more stoner moments, almost freaking out thinking I was drowning in a sea of coded crap, then just breathed and read the steps like 10 times and figured it out.

Thanks again for the help guys. Even though it was mostly self explanatory. Sometimes it just helps to know some of the small problems really aren't really problems.

TheMagicMan

A Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just super dense and didn't realize there was an actual app slot for it now that I was this far. Derp.

Everything went smoothly after having a couple more stoner moments, almost freaking out thinking I was drowning in a sea of coded crap, then just breathed and read the steps like 10 times and figured it out.

Thanks again for the help guys. Even though it was mostly self explanatory. Sometimes it just helps to know some of the small problems really aren't really problems.

Congrats! Now I just gotta get my motherboard shipped, assembly it, Hack it, Dsidowngrade and I'll have a hacked new 3ds like yours :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill