InTheSpaghetti

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I've lurked on the forums for a while and am now asking for help for a topic I can't fix or find the solution for.

I have a working 3G Vita with Spheresolid's PSVSD and recently got another 3G Vita to setup for a friend, but can only find the knockoff PSVSD.
I can't get the thing working. I tried the solder ground fix and it still doesn't work. I even swapped it out with the original spheresolid one I have that works and I can't get it to work.

If anyone here has any info I'd appreciate it.

I also need 5 posts to private message someone who has installed many PSVSDs and don't want to spam random posts just to get the private messaging privileges.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi and welcome to the temp.

Have you checked the connections with a resistance meter? making sure there aren't any loose solder connections?
Did you flash the zzblank image to your microSD?
Did you format it to Exfat with 64k clusters and left the volume name blank?

Those are the first things I would test/check when setting up a PSVSD.
I haven't had any problems with mine.

Enjoy your stay here at GBAtemp!

InTheSpaghetti

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I did get the multimeter out and check the connections but I don't know exactly what to look for.

I swapped the new psvsd with my known working one from spheresolid and it worked right away. I did use the zzblank file and formatted to exFAT at 64k.

The ground solder fix seems to work as there is continuity from the sd card mount to the ground.
But I'm thinking it is something else on the board because it still doesn't work.

I'm trying one more time to see if I have to use usbmc, but this would be strange that it works since swapping for the known good psvsd worked.

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I've lurked on the forums for a while and am now asking for help for a topic I can't fix or find the solution for.

I have a working 3G Vita with Spheresolid's PSVSD and recently got another 3G Vita to setup for a friend, but can only find the knockoff PSVSD.
I can't get the thing working. I tried the solder ground fix and it still doesn't work. I even swapped it out with the original spheresolid one I have that works and I can't get it to work.

If anyone here has any info I'd appreciate it.

I also need 5 posts to private message someone who has installed many PSVSDs and don't want to spam random posts just to get the private messaging privileges.
Hello,

WELCOME TO GBATEMP:yaywii:

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.