Gaming New Gamesharing Policy? Help.

THEacekardFREAK1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok tempers I am having some trouble here. Ok I know that before we were able to share up to 5 times but they changed it to 2 now. Here is my question, does it mean I can share with 2 people or it includes mine and I share only with one person. Which one is it? Thnx in advance.

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
you can use it up to 2 consoles only, this means you and the person you were going to share can only use it.

also gamesharing is not a good idea anymore since user can remotely deactivate the game without your consent, so once I shared something and decide to deactivate the license that I shared to you, the next you logged on to PSN will automatically deactivate that game, no excuses.

THEacekardFREAK1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use it up to 2 consoles only, this means you and the person you were going to share can only use it.

also gamesharing is not a good idea anymore since user can remotely deactivate the game without your consent, so once I shared something and decide to deactivate the license that I shared to you, the next you logged on to PSN will automatically deactivate that game, no excuses.

Oh ok. Thnx. Yeah it's because I shared with my cousin and I was trying to share with my friend and it wouldn't activate so now I know why. Thank you for your help. Why did they lower it though?

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some old content can be shared up to five times still (not sure up to what date and Warhawk plus some others can't be shared or can be shared but cannot be played at the same time). There are some gamesharing borrowing forums and sites if you want to do that but it doesn't seem like you want to do that. CAG has one I think. Also you can do the non sellable and sellable route if you want to share 4 times with newer content but of course it comes with problems.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Oh ok. Thnx. Yeah it's because I shared with my cousin and I was trying to share with my friend and it wouldn't activate so now I know why. Thank you for your help. Why did they lower it though?
Because people did like you are doing and shared games with their friends and family. Other people being able to get something for free is never good for a business.

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It was lowered mostly because of ause of the system and the old content sharing rules are still the same.

Pretty much:
1) Content purchased AFTER 11/18/2011 will be limited to 2 system activations.
2) Content purchased BEFORE 11/18/2011 will still have 5 system activations

Also if you do wanna get into gamesharing CAG has one of the best around and I have stopped even going to other websites since joining the CAG community.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok I see. Although it kinda sucks now they should've put up to 3 activations, you and 2 friends would be fine.

You aren't supposed to share it with friends, So why should they make it 3? You can deactivate all of your systems every 6 months on the website or when you want on the console. Your acting like they are in the wrong for not letting you give away their games for free to people who haven't paid.

Normally I don't agree with activation limits because you end up losing activations but Sony does it the right way imo. It's fine with consoles imo because it's not like we upgrade them every 5 months. So it shouldn't be a problem.

It's not like when you go to the store and buy the same game, Do you get 5 discs for you and all your friends to play at the same time?

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
For all intents and purposes you should be glad that you get *2* activations seeing that you clearly use it to share with OTHER USERS, againts the very idea of this system.

You're supposed to share the content between consoles you own, not among friends and family.

Reactions: 2 people

THEacekardFREAK1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I see. Although it kinda sucks now they should've put up to 3 activations, you and 2 friends would be fine.

You aren't supposed to share it with friends, So why should they make it 3? You can deactivate all of your systems every 6 months on the website or when you want on the console. Your acting like they are in the wrong for not letting you give away their games for free to people who haven't paid.

Normally I don't agree with activation limits because you end up losing activations but Sony does it the right way imo. It's fine with consoles imo because it's not like we upgrade them every 5 months. So it shouldn't be a problem.

It's not like when you go to the store and buy the same game, Do you get 5 discs for you and all your friends to play at the same time?
Well we were trading games. I have GTA IV both on disc and as download on PSN and he was gonna give me Red Dead Redemption. I had already let my cousin use one of the activations and myself of course so I couldn't do that. I didn't download GTA IV onto my console yet because I'm waiting for a good time to format it because it seems to be slowing down. It's just more convenient.

For all intents and purposes you should be glad that you get *2* activations seeing that you clearly use it to share with OTHER USERS, againts the very idea of this system.

You're supposed to share the content between consoles you own, not among friends and family.
I don't know why I would own more than 1 PS3 for myself anyway.

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well we were trading games. I have GTA IV both on disc and as download on PSN and he was gonna give me Red Dead Redemption. I had already let my cousin use one of the activations and myself of course so I couldn't do that. I didn't download GTA IV onto my console yet because I'm waiting for a good time to format it because it seems to be slowing down. It's just more convenient.

I don't know why I would own more than 1 PS3 for myself anyway.
psp's are n this factor too. and a second ps3 is for the event a ps3 dies and you can not deactivate it(happened to me)

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psp's are n this factor too. and a second ps3 is for the event a ps3 dies and you can not deactivate it(happened to me)
Well I could just deactivate any PS3's from my account using the account management on Qriocity.
yes once ever six months lets say you have bad luck with ps3's like i did (i went through 5 in 8 months kept getting the bloody YLoD on 3 60 gb so i said screw it and went with an 80GB first was bad second lasted a few months and current is perfect) then you are screwed till the months are over.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Don't try to justify what you're doing. You're sharing games with people you are not supposed to share them with.
Well they're just friends not strangers. Plus why have this feature in the first place if it isn't meant to be used? That's really useless.
You're supposed to use it to share the games between consoles you own, be it portable or home consoles. For example, you could have 1 PS3 in your house and 1 in your summer house or you could share cross-platform content between the PS3/PSP/Vita.

THEacekardFREAK1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes once ever six months lets say you have bad luck with ps3's like i did (i went through 5 in 8 months kept getting the bloody YLoD on 3 60 gb so i said screw it and went with an 80GB first was bad second lasted a few months and current is perfect) then you are screwed till the months are over.

Well there are many ways.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't try to justify what you're doing. You're sharing games with people you are not supposed to share them with.
Well they're just friends not strangers. Plus why have this feature in the first place if it isn't meant to be used? That's really useless.
its meant for people who have multiple ps3's(probably not alot) to have their psn titles on both systems
it was abused when it used to be 5 systems, now it was lowered to 2 systems

THEacekardFREAK1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're supposed to use it to share the games between consoles you own, be it portable or home consoles. For example, you could have 1 PS3 in your house and 1 in your summer house or you could share cross-platform content between the PS3/PSP/Vita.
Still useless if you are able to share it with other people but it's made for another purpose. I find it dumb that they allow you to do that and limit it but don't remove the feature to allow others to use it too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtube.com/shorts/zaubG06FZ1Q?si=sHbKxlndEs1l_swO