Hacking New Games in Edge with problems

massakyu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The voices of Character like the Taiko and the characters of Fairy Tail is Slowed D=
this is a problem with the EDGE or something like this?
i need help because it's so "depressing" play with the slowed voices
wacko.gif

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
We cant do anything about that. since EDGE's kernel OS can be only touched by the manufacturer.. all we have to do is to wait till their next kernel update.

Though i always use my DSTT to play japanese NDS games.. its like they have 99.9% probability that it can run Japanese ROMS without any problems.

See 2ch for more info.

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
naa... im sure its the cart itself.. why? i use the same memory card on my iEDGE and DSTTi ... DSTTi can play in fullspeed, and the iEDGE gets a slowdown (really slow) the voices are pitch down and the screen animation is really slow (but the AMV runs at fullspeed).

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dnniwa485 said:
naa... im sure its the cart itself.. why? i use the same memory card on my iEDGE and DSTTi ... DSTTi can play in fullspeed, and the iEDGE gets a slowdown (really slow) the voices are pitch down and the screen animation is really slow (but the AMV runs at fullspeed).

Some carts can handle slow microSD better due to the nature of its programming and design. For example SuperCard DSTwo can handle slow microSD because of on board CPU. Other carts accomplish this by caching the memory using on board small flash memory.

iEDGE is a strip down CycloDS version, meaning on board flash memory is not present. Making data caching not possible. It is purposely designed this way to cut down cost, not faulty design. To get by it while using iEDGE you need to use a class 6 or class 8 microSD card. You should try to get a microSD that is from Japan (Toshiba), as they perform much better in terms of random access memory (AMV full speed while animation is slow).

RedCloud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I'm Having the same problem too
hate2.gif

should I just wait for EDGE to update it's firmware or buy a new flashcart?
from what I heard EDGE won't update it's firmware anymore??
unsure.gif

FYI I'm using class 6 micro sd from the start

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: 😭