Hacking New Game Updates Require 6.0

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Or is it more a case of FW 6.0 is required to connect to the eshop so therefor to update the games 6.0 is required. Ill try the MK update later via CNDSP bob and see if it is still playable on 5.1.0 :)

Albytrozz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously they are going to be 6.0, this happens during every update. Do not update to 6.0 in general... Emunand is on its way, patience people

Well obviously it is obvious to be obviously to the point of being obvious. Nevertheless, it's handy info to know before you go updating or replacing old updates in your collection until 6.0 is fixed... obviously.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Or is it more a case of FW 6.0 is required to connect to the eshop so therefor to update the games 6.0 is required. Ill try the MK update later via CNDSP bob and see if it is still playable on 5.1.0 :)
no it really does require 6.0.0
mario.PNG

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Which plugin it this for Bob?
CDNSP Bob supports plugin? have no idea
btw it's on my fork *removed*, I added an option to check required firmware when you put a title in the queue

Last edited by Cyan, , Reason: link to program with included keys and certs

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just a head's up, the newest updates for games today on CDN (like Mario Kart and ARMS) require firmware 6.0 to play.

So until 6.0 is properly dealt with I'd advise updating any games you plan to play on SX OS for the time being.
SX OS has been working on 6.0.0 for over two weeks now.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
There are quite a few titles that need updating on 6.0> Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Arms, Splatoon 2, Mario Tennis Aces, Mario & Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Monster Hunter Generations. There are probably more to be updated but at the moment I have found these and I dont think Nintendo made anyone aware of these updates! Sneaky Nintendo :ph34r:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's a honeypotted version of firmware 6.0; the real firmware 6.0 is actually different and I hear it doesn't work.
Nearly everything works as usual on the proper 6.0FW with SXOS apart from the devmenu (nsp/xci versions) because TX turned layeredfs off default because of freezing, I'm sure that will get fixed in future updates!. The right modded joycon has a bit of a disconnection issue when you update it (if you don't it constant nags the screen) but if you reset it a few times it does go back to normal eventually. NSP files install the same as before "without any further checks" the only digital file that now checks on every opening is the new nintendo online title, it checks to make sure your subscription is active and belongs to the user so you cant go cdnsping that one, it wouldn't work trying and probably a ban would follow anyway!

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: Albytrozz

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will get fixed, TX turned off layeredfs in the update because it was causing freezing issues. Tbh do you even really need the devmenu?
Reset required firmware version, being able to manually delete updates and DLC, its got a few interesting utilities. Oh and you can run DevMenu without LayeredFS ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp