new flashcard needed

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by -=oopeteroo=-, Oct 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Oct 20, 2008

new flashcard needed by -=oopeteroo=- at 5:26 PM (1,049 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. -=oopeteroo=-
    OP

Member -=oopeteroo=- GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    i have a m3 lite with no updates, so i cant play the newest games. I decide to buy a new slot 1 card, any idea what i should get ? i want 100 prcoent working with the newest games and fast firmware updates,

i have take a look at edge? any good ? where can i buy it as cheap as possible ? and fast shipping ?

thx in advance

2. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    eh, can't you just update it?

if not, buy an acekard, edge, or cyclo, they all seem reliable.

3. Slowking

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    we have a thread for this kind of question directly below yours, you know.

4. -=oopeteroo=-
    OP

Sweden
    it have been a couple of month but still no updates

sorry didnt see that thread

5. paul3100

Member paul3100 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Well the best 2 cards out are the cyclods and the supercard (SCS1 SDHC). i say these two as they have the most features and get regular updates.

The cyclo is probably best as it has all features found on any 1 slot card with nice interface but costs the most, SCS1 is very cheap and has all the features of the cyclods but has a rather clunky interface.

I have the SCS1 and a supercard lite (slot 2) and never has problems with either, both cyclods and SCS1 have large SDHC support (more than 2 gigs/up to 32gigs).

The edge which is listed above is a clone of the cyclo and is supposed to be very good as well and is very cheap, so its your choice but whateve choice you make if from the 2/3 above you won't regret it :-)

paul

6. -=oopeteroo=-
    OP

Sweden
    on the 3 card u mention do they update firmware often ?

7. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I would personally only consider the SCDS1 over the Acekard 2 or Edge if real-time game state dumping (aka RTS) is important to you and you're on a budget. Its menu isn't as nice or responsive as other flash carts mentioned.

The Acekard 2 has one of the nicest menus of any flash cart and also happens to be one of the least expensive.

If RTS is important to you, the CycloDS has RTS and a better menu than the SCDS1 but is a lot more expensive.

-Bri

8. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    acekard2 seems to get regular updates, as does the cyclo; not sure about the edge, but being a clone it is more likely to have its support dropped IMO.

to be honest, even if a card has its support dropped, with the cheaper cards like acekard and edge you won't have lost a great deal of money.

9. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.