OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
they have a new game on the 3DS eShop,
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/kE9miKF5Ye7bF-rSclY786nw_ndjth64

Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale

seems to be based in a traditional Japanese town, and i suppose might have a lot of references to Japanese pop culture. if enough people buy it and give a good rating, it could be used as an example that there is a real market in western countries for games and genres that were previously exclusive to japan. it seems like a game that mother/earthbound fans would enjoy, and theres a lot of threads about games not getting an English release.

it might dispel the myth that, American = FPS, and European = FIFA.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sucks that Nintendo forces any 3DS to have the latest firmware installed to enter the eShop. Oh well, Nintendo will have to survive without my $$.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I got the game when it was released on Thursday, it's a pretty awesome game and well designed. It's a LEVEL 5 game and part of Guild2, this game won't change anything and since when does America = FPS and Europe = Fifa? FPS games are popular on both continents and the US has Madden which takes the place of Fifa.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Action, adventures, and visual novel have never been "exclusive" to Japan. There are plenty of such games here in US. Do they outsell FPS games such as Call of Duty? Nope.

It doesn't change the fact that US and EU are about FPS and sports game, and Japan is about RPG and visual novel.

How is this news? This is just your flawed opinion.

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, I guess this is their response towards region locking. Just localizing more Japanese games. Yay!!! The more the merrier. And now the simultaneous worldwide release of Pokemon X and Pokemon Y.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
seems to be based in a traditional Japanese town, and i suppose might have a lot of references to Japanese pop culture. if enough people buy it and give a good rating, it could be used as an example that there is a real market in western countries for games and genres that were previously exclusive to japan.
I see no reason why we should accept a game just because it's based in japanese culture.

it might dispel the myth that, American = FPS, and European = FIFA.
Personally I am not very fond with some genres that make success in Japan like RPGs with their overly-repetitive gameplay... Not saying they should not be localized here, but we shouldn't accept a game just because it's Japan-related. I think it's also time for people to see that Japan culture does have its flaws

superspudz2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I see no reason why we should accept a game just because it's based in japanese culture.

Personally I am not very fond with some genres that make success in Japan like RPGs with their overly-repetitive gameplay... Not saying they should not be localized here, but we shouldn't accept a game just because it's Japan-related. I think it's also time for people to see that Japan culture does have its flaws

you should only accept "buy" a game if its good and you like it.

havnt played the game myself so i cant vouch for it, but just judging by the reviews and promotional material, it seem like a decent game. also its by Leve-5. and everything they have produced so far has been pure gold. liberation maiden, crimson shroud, both awesome games.

also Skelletonike a few posts up said he thought it was pretty good.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
*sigh* It must be a slow news day. So there is a new title in the 3DS eShop. Are we supposed to care?

I was about to say "interesting to see how Europe apparently is equalling FIFA"...but I see you're pulling a 'Fox news'-one and let your personal opinion intermingle with the actual news ('random new game on 3DS eShop'). So...yeah. No. Sorry, but your opinion is wrong.

superspudz2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
*sigh* It must be a slow news day. So there is a new title in the 3DS eShop. Are we supposed to care?

I was about to say "interesting to see how Europe apparently is equalling FIFA"...but I see you're pulling a 'Fox news'-one and let your personal opinion intermingle with the actual news ('random new game on 3DS eShop'). So...yeah. No. Sorry, but your opinion is wrong.

i don't make the news, i just report the news sir, us reporters must remain unbiased.and fair in our journalism

Reactions: Taleweaver

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
i don't make the news, i just report the news sir, us reporters must remain unbiased.and fair in our journalism
  1. No such thing exists. Everyone is biased, it's impossible to be truly objective.
  2. You aren't a reporter anyway. You are a guy who posted a link and your interpretation of how it might affect the future (which is absolutely 100% biased).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol