Hacking New Error Code Guide Availabe

ashesburn

Trophies
XP
Country
Wiisel said:
haha glad this got bumped ive been looking for it and was too ashamed to ask thanks kitt this is great

It was on his signature anyway. Found it through there and decided to drop a thank you note.
smile.gif

kitt050383

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thanks to all for the support!!! an your welcome to all as well!!...
if you have any errors you wold like added or have more solutions... or ideas...
Drop me a PM k...
-kitt050383
my guide has gotten over a 900 downloads via rapidshare and 1,447 views... but only a couple thank yous... So I'd like to just say tahnks for the support one more time to those that did... thanks!!!!

Pentarix

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi kitt050383, thank you for posting this guide, I think it's a great idea!

I seem to be having a problem opening the .pdf files though, I have downloaded and tried both links. It is saying that the file might be corrupt? Perhaps it is just on my end but I wanted to let you know that I have been unable to view them despite re-downloading a couple of times. Thanks!

kitt050383

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hey pentarix... thanks for the support... and i'm sorry your having problem's w/ the pdf's... i checked out the rapidshare link's and they are working.... i think it's a problem like you said on your end... if you are using the alternate host links... I don't really control those... try the rapidshare and download as a free user... worse come to worse I can send it to you via and e-mail... just pm me.. and let me know whats up...

-kitt050383

kitt050383

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yes actually I have but it's an error that comes from allot of different issues...
right now i'm working really hard to revamp the guide.... but i will release a couple more versions in the old format... w/ the error 300 as well as allot more...

but if you explain the problem i will gladly steer you in the correct direction...

-kitt050383

Pentarix

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks kitt! I have a pdf download program running that I forgot about, it was allowing me to download without going to rapidshare, which resulted in a corrupt file. Thanks for your help and for the great error code guide!!

bowser2010

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
Great guide kit. I answers a lot of questions ppl r posting but that would require them to read it. It better bost wii my questins before raed they had to. I mean its better to post their questions before having to read the answer in your guide
wink.gif

kitt050383

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Check out Post#1: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=119...t&p=1594127
for the newest version of the guide it has a new name and lots of new stuff along with a new landscape format... So check it out...

Also I really need the wii users out there in gbatemp land to send me new errors and problems along with cause and solutions to me so I can ad them to the guide! credit will be given to all that send it in if it's added!!! just send the info as detailed as possible to me via pm!!!

thanks!,
- kitt050383

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive just given this a read and a have a couple things that i think should be addressed.

first, i think there is no need for this to be in a pdf. just put the info right there in the first post. that way it will show up if somebody actually does use the search button (which we bitch at them to do so often) to find error -1107 or whatever.

second (and this is the biggie) you are giving credit to the wrong people. many times in this guide you say "apps by waninkoko, or apps that use his source code". this is way, WAY wrong. those errors are part of libogc. waninkoko did not write the error code. this is just the return code for many of the ES commands.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are WAY to many !'s in it, not to mention grammar/capitalization errors. In addition, it forgot Error 003.

QUOTE said:
first, i think there is no need for this to be in a pdf. just put the info right there in the first post. that way it will show up if somebody actually does use the search button (which we bitch at them to do so often) to find error -1107 or whatever.
Can't agree more on that one. We're always yelling at people to search, yet we post stuff in formats that google (or any other engine for that matter) struggle/fail to read. Hosting it on a file host doesn't help. Google won't index mediafire or rapidshare files well, since the path to them changes every time you download them.

If you want google or something to see it, make it a regular text, a DOC, or an RTF (I've made tables just fine using the |, -, =, _), and upload it somewhere that's not a file host. I'd be happy to convert it myself (and fix all the grammar/punctuation issues) if kitt agrees.

kitt050383

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Det1re don't flatter yourself man Didn't rip them from you at all however maybe the guy who gave me the permission to take over the old guide this is based off of did! Download the old guide and see the e-mail for the guy... and if he did I apologize and will give you credit! just send me links to the posts to prove the said accusation of plagiarism.... [edit] are you refering to the bootmii error??? if so yes your credit line is missing and coming in next version!!! [edit]

Besides like I said credit will be given to those that wan't it all they have to do is let me know....
did you not see the universal b for beta next to the version number of the guide...
that means it's not done the old guide had a credit/thank you section which will be added back in the next release the next time I get the chance to update it....

giantpune yes you are 100% correct however I wrote it that way because that is what most people think of or blame the problems on.. but you are correct I should fix that and explain it.. will do that very soon... do you have any other suggestions... seen your posts you are very knowledgeable person.... am I missing some errors.... as for it being in the pdf format I prefer it that way and to each his own just link to my post when the question is asked about an error thats how it was done in the past worked fine... maybe I'll convert it over to a web document who knows.. to each his own you know...

- kitt050383

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kitt050383 said:
Det1re don't flatter yourself man Didn't rip them from you at all however maybe the guy who gave me the permission to take over the old guide this is based off of did! Download the old guide and see the e-mail for the guy... and if he did I apologize and will give you credit! just send me links to the posts to prove the said accusation of plagiarism.... [edit] are you refering to the bootmii error??? if so yes your credit line is missing and coming in next version!!! [edit]

Well, I checked the "old guide" and found this in the credit list:
CODESpecial Thanks:
A special thanks goes out to the original creator of this guide/format/concept:
[email protected]” Website: http://web150.serv62.wrsds-ns.de/a/wii/

Seems like that's my mail and the old adress of my site. Actually it's now http://det1re.de/a/wii/wii_error_codes.pdf

kitt050383

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
det1re where were you when I first posted this guide? being that it's such a problem? like I said I mailed that address to get permission to continue the outdated guide and got permission but hey like I said link me the post and you did.. however true things were copied from that original guide and I do not ever say they were not and I do link to that original address and guide so to me I do not see the said problem... I continued where it was left off at the time it was becoming extremely outdated and mine has stuff yours does not so to each his own I just find it rally weird is all the complaints now....

but I'm a very fair person if you really would like I will gladly take this down if you feel it truly is plagiarism cause I'm not kidding when I said I got permission so either I emailed the wrong person or what don't care... was just trying to do good... let me know what you want and will continue from that point....

I only started doing this guide again because all the requests for it keep filling up my inbox.....
who knew such dram would come of it....

sorry for the troubles and miss understandings,
and to all this is now officially the last guide I'm doing!
-kitt050383

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
afif95 said:
This really needs to be stickied
Yes, another vote for this to be stickied. Just recently it seemed that at least three separate new posts were made on -2011 errors alone. Maybe a sticky will avoid some of these duplicate posts. That or a huge flashing search button that pops up before you can make a new post
laugh.gif

-[]D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-