• Views 115,239
  • Replies 151
  • Likes 1

Merumeru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XD thank you so much for this guide, my DSTT kept giving me error code 7 for every game, but after running through the checker and getting the files from you guys, everything works just fine

Bri

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thank YOU for reading the FAQ first instead of immediately posting a new thread! Hopefully, more people will follow your lead!

-Bri

Bri

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure. You might be able to use a Windows emulator such as Wine to run "ttextract.exe" on a Mac. Otherwise, you might have to ask a friend who owns a PC to create the necessary files for you.

-Bri

sightblinder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im having an...interesting problem. apparently from what ive seen through searching the net, roms that are working fine for other people are not working for me. my dstt is acting very oddly to say the least. For example, i havent heard of anybody having problems with animal crossing but for me the american and european versions dont run at all and v1.1 refuses to hold a save. The save problem is the biggest issue for me. I cant get pokemon platinum to save either. The last issue ive had lately is that every time i try to run the world ends with you, it says the save was corrupted, deleting data. then says save deleted. and then just infinitely loops between these two messages.

Also idk if its significant, but fire emblem wouldnt save for me, but now it does out of nowhere, although 1 in 5 times the save will be corrupted. its very odd.

i already did the formatting with the reccomended panasonic program but to no avail.

If these games are working for anyone here, could you please tell me how? and even better, if possible, upload your ttmenu files (im not asking for a rom since i know you dont host them here) in a zip?

sorry for a lenghty message

Thanks

Bri

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that Animal Crossing v1.1 runs just fine on the DSTT, but there have been some reports of black screens with the new 1.17a01 unofficial firmware release (and I actually haven't tested that release).
  • Are you leaving free space on your microSD card?
  • Are your games in a "games" folder? Do you have a lot of files on the root of your microSD card?
  • Do you always use "safely remove hardware" when you remove your microSD card from your PC?
The TTMenu files you need are here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6377

Just copy the TTMENU folder and TTMENU.DAT file to a freshly-formatted microSD card, create a "games" folder, and put a few .nds files in it (do NOT put games on the root -- there is a limit to the number of files that can reside at the root of your microSD card before it becomes corrupted). Leave plenty of free space on your microSD card for system files that get created. Always use "safely remove hardware" before removing your microSD card from your PC.

-Bri

sightblinder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Bri. But I've done all those things to no avail....and i think i found out why. sorta.

Its MY DS!!!!

I tried all the problem games on my friends Ds to demonstrate the problems i was having and it worked fine. no problems at all. i can save in pokemon and everything for example and load that save on my ds(same card btw) but if i try to save on mine it just gives me corrupt data. any idea why?

This is driving me insane!!

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just ordered a dstt thanks for the guide this is gonna save me and others a lot of trouble with any set up problems.
wink2.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
sightblinder said:
Thanks Bri. But I've done all those things to no avail....and i think i found out why. sorta.

Its MY DS!!!!

I tried all the problem games on my friends Ds to demonstrate the problems i was having and it worked fine. no problems at all. i can save in pokemon and everything for example and load that save on my ds(same card btw) but if i try to save on mine it just gives me corrupt data. any idea why?

This is driving me insane!!
Possibly dodgy connection between DSTT & DS ?? - what DS do you have as I believe DSLites have 'shorter contacts' internally - & although I've never heard of a DSTT having trouble, I have read that AK2 do have contact problems ocassionally.
A quick fix is place a piece of thin card between the Flashcard & the rear of the DS

Bri

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree with CannonFoddr on this one -- it's probably a contact problem. Unfortunately, aside from shoving some cardboard into the slot with the DSTT to help push it towards the DS's contacts, there's not much you can do. You should probably consider returning it for a new one.

CannonFoddr -- contact problems have been prevalent on the DSTT since its introduction, and is probably the #1 complaint in this forum other than operator error and fake-killer firmware.

-Bri

sightblinder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So thats why it works on my friends black ds lite which is newer and not my origional white ds lite?
and its a common problem? darn. ill try that cardboard thing.
(we talkin like secure a cut piece of trading card to it??)
Thanks for your help guys. really.

Oh and Bri, if its really the number one problem people complain about i had no idea. i never heard about that. i know im new here but i think it may be a good idea to add that little detail to the main FAQ page.

sightblinder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have a question, and this is what bothers me. if its a contact issue, which makes total sense, why is it that some games save just fine without any corruption or error?

Bri

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The FAQ does mention the contact problem. And to be sure, older batches of DSTT's had more contact problems than new ones (judging from the complaints) but there continue to be DSTT's with contact problems.

Contact problems are notoriously difficult to track down. Really the only way to know for sure is to eliminate other possibilities. So I don't know for certain that your problem is a contact problem, but it seems likely if your DSTT and microSD card work fine in a different NDS.

Some games save more frequently than others, so it's possible that games that save more frequently are the ones you're seeing problems with.

You want to place the cardboard (or heavy paper) next to the DSTT opposite the contacts, to help push the contacts towards the contacts on the NDS. Unfortunately, this doesn't always work, in which case you'd have no choice but to return it for a new one.

-Bri

sightblinder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It didnt work sadly.
do i jam the card all the way down in the slot or just like an even piece covering the whole card back?

in the mean time i'll use my old fat ds. hope that works.

I just noticed though that the dstt card has the website cndstt.com

is it fake? oddly enough i had 1.17 before (the official version) and it didnt kill the card.

Bri

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sightblinder said:
It didnt work sadly.
do i jam the card all the way down in the slot or just like an even piece covering the whole card back?

Honestly, I've never experienced the contact problem so I don't really know. I gather from the descriptions of people who have tried this successfully that they cover most of the back of the DSTT with the cardboard to help push the contacts towards the NDS contacts.

QUOTE said:
I just noticed though that the dstt card has the website cndstt.com

That web site belongs to one of the fake DSTT's (their website is ripped off from the real one, but claims that the real one is fake).

oddly enough i had 1.17 before (the official version) and it didnt kill the card.

I believe that the fake-killer firmware gradually corrupts the internal memory of your fake DSTT by writing random bits into it. That means that you may notice the problem gradually (some have reported going for weeks or even months before noticing the problem). You can always use DsttFlashWriter if you suspect yours may have been killed. However, the fact that it seems to work in a different NDS is evidence that it's probably a contact problem.

-Bri

ZeppyZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wondering if you can tell me how to fix my Pokemon Platinum game?
[Rom loading failed]
disk errcode=-81

Please reset system.

hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

synbiote

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well..i'll start off with telling i'm new to DS and DSTTi and such..
but i was wondering this one thing i couldn't find out in the FaQ..

I'm from the EU and i know a lot of games do get released in the US..but not in EU..
is it possible to play US games on EU DSlite with DSTTI?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto