Hacking new ds update?

Shadraak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well last time i came on here everyone advised do not update, is it ok now? and if so what do i need to update on my ak2i?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
First update your AK2i with the new FW, then update your DSi
biggrin.gif

(not the KERNEL update but FIRMWARE update for the AK2i)

Shadraak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DjoeN said:
biggrin.gif

so use the new AKAIO 1.4.1 proper and that's it? figured there'd be more to it than that

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Shadraak said:
DjoeN said:
biggrin.gif

so use the new AKAIO 1.4.1 proper and that's it? figured there'd be more to it than that

There is, the acekard icon must change before you update or you won't be able to run anything anymore.

Shadraak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smf said:
Shadraak said:
DjoeN said:
biggrin.gif

There is, the acekard icon must change before you update or you won't be able to run anything anymore.

ok so which akaio do i use? that one was from may and the one i have now i believe so update akaio to the latest version then use it, and then if icon changes from the 2ki to whatever diff. then update the dsi... so where do i get the new akaio eveyrone i look at is from may.

edit, can i do the wifi update within acekard akaio firmware?

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
I don't think you understand at all. AKAIO doesn't do ANYTHING to allow your Acekard 2i to work on the DSi after it's been updated. You need to use the thing one of the users linked to.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
The Acekard has an internal kernal on the cart itself, not the micro SD, which allows it to boot/be seen on the DS menu etc. DSi version 1.4 blocks all flashcarts, so the flascart makers have brought out a kernal update that will update the internal firmware to change the carts ID number and game picture to that of another games. In the Acekards case the update changes it to make the DS think it's a Danny Phantom game.

You have to run the update file so the internal firmware will update. Once it's updated you can update your DSi to 1.4 and your Acekard will still work.

AKAIO and the official firmware, infact any firmware that goes on the micro SD is nothing to do with this update. Just download this and put the DSi file onto your Micro SD, put your Micro SD back ito your Acekard and your Acekard into your DSi and on the Acekard run that file you just downloaded. Once it's done you should have a Danny Phantom card, and you're safe to update your DSi to 1.4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1